“Paddy weekend”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Wicklow, Ireland
“Paddy weekend”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for paddys day last year. Great place... thorougly enjoyed it. The food was out of this world. Highly recommend thid hotel.... have been trying to go back since but just been too busy.... hopefully soon

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

As part of a group I had lunch at the Zak's restaurant in the Hotel and while the meal itself was ok the Menu was deceptive in its pricing and having order the Catch of the Day from the menu with the only price in this section showing 12.50 euro, I assumed I would be charged this sum. However, I was charged 17 euro at the till and upon querying this I was told that the Catch of the Day is priced on the day. No where was this explained on the menu. I would consider this false advertising and has coloured my opinion regarding any proposed return visit. The cost of the Fish dish was not the issue, it was the deceptive manner in which it was offered on the menu.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found the hotel on booking.com, got a good deal for one night during our Ireland trip. The service is very nice and the breakfast is pretty good. we ordered the full English breakfast, of course the owner corrected us straight away that it's "Irish breakfast" ! rooms are clean, good value stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank May Q
Dublin , Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Check in was painless and personal. The rooms are well laid out with nice views. The food is superb. This chef is a genius and I tasted combinations I would never be brave enough to usually order. Once again the set meal has excellent choices with each course blowing your taste buds apart. The service here is friendly and chatty and your custom is valued and this is lacking in a lot of hotels I visit. Breakfast is as expected top class with excellent service. This is my favourite place to stay right now. This hotel deserves your booking and truly appreciates it. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2014
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently.The toilet in the room was not flushing and I brought this to the attention of the receptionist who allocated the room to me.He said that he was aware of the problem and that it would be fixed on Monday but I had booked in for Friday night only.I infomed him that this was not good enough and he then allocated another room. I cannot understand why he gave me the room in the first place when he knew there was a problem especially given the fact that another room was available.In the second room we could not get RTE reception.I asked the receptionist if this matter could be rectified and he said "there is nothing I can do about it we just don't have reception for some stations in some rooms".The TV is 15 inch screen the likes of which I have never seen in a hotel anywhere in the world.The mattress was dreadfull.The only redeeming feature in this hotel was the excellent quality of food in the restaurant where we had dinner and breakfast.Finally they send me an email asking for my comments and I responded similar to this review.What a waste of time as they never bothered to respond.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martin F
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel, just lovely! I didn't have a car in Ireland, but it's a short taxi ride from the bus station. I will admit the restaurant is a bit expensive (for a student anyways) but it was delectable!

Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JessicaLee2990
Offaly
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Easter for two nights with one meal. Hotel looks good and the welcome was very warm and efficient. Bar looks good and small restaurant opens up out onto a lovely grade, which on sunny day was fab!
Room looked good, but simple things cost the quality - mattress of bed was worst one I have ever slept in, windows didn't open properly, toilet didn't flush properly without massive effort, small amount of toilet tissue ran out and tiles in bathroom were lifted off. So rooms were not of good standard.

However breakfast was really good and the staff (although there were only two) were ever so helpful and efficient. Main attraction was dinner, it was absolutely superb, in terms of quality and service. If I were to go again, I would only go for the food, however if rooms were improved with simple housekeeping and quality, this could be a really good hotel. I really hope they do.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends