Athenaeum House Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$152
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
US$184
US$175
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$93
Agoda.com
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
US$94
All reviewszaks restaurantwaterford cityacross the riverquiet locationshort drivelovely hotellarge roomfull irishsaturday nightcourse mealvisiting waterfordcar parkstancarrieirelandsuirduvet
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed here a few weeks back and its an old house and in a very quiet area. The staff were very nice and friendly. I had dinner which was reasonably priced and very nice. The room was clean and nice but it had the smallest TV i have ever seen in a hotel. This was bad as there aint much more you can do. The hotel has no Bar as far as i could see. It has a few stools in the restuarant so maybe that was it. personally i wouldn't stay here again as its totally dead but if its peace and quiet you want then maybe this would suit you.
Expensive enough for what you get.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2010

The Athenaeum House Hotel is a nice, quaint, old B&B with very friendly service, even by the owner. Renovations continue on the facility, but is it a great place to stay. I can not say enough good things about Zaks Restaurant, their onsite restaurant. The food is great and they even made my dessert to my preferences! If you stay here, look out for the European red fox that saunters around the back of the property. The beds are a bit uncomfortable, but that is really the only negative thing I can point out

Reviewed 26 May 2010

My partner & I recently stayed at the Athenaeum House Hotel in Waterford & had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Check-in was a breeze, we were glad to sit & relax while Linda welcomed us and gave us some local info. To our suprise, we were upgraded to a suite which was a large beautifully furnished room, with a fabulous bathroom. It really felt like we were in a fancy country house!

Everything about this hotel is quaint & full of character, so don't expect a typical hotel bedroom with boring office furniture. The staff were all wonderful, extremely helpful and genuine (which is hard to come by these days). We ate breakfast & dinner in the restaurant. Both were delicious and the service was superb. The dinner menu has lots of choice and there was a lovely quiet atmosphere in the restaurant, even though many tables were full. The grounds are well kept & the view of the city lights at night, add to the cosy feel of the restaurant.

Sure, its 5 minutes drive to Waterford city but this suited us just fine, as we do not like impersonal, big-chain, noisey hotels. This hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and charm, if you want somewhere to relax, unwind and enjoy each others company... this is the place to go. Thanks again to all the staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & look forward to visiting again!

Reviewed 20 May 2010

We went to Waterford on a 3 day golf trip and the Hotel did a great job organising and booking the tee times for us, we ended up eating dinner at the hotel all 3 nights the food & wine were so good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Ok, I have never written a review before but this was supposed to be a very special weekend for myself and husband leaving our 4 kids for the first time. I thought I had done my research on this one but see that the negative reviews have been in May also. I chose this hotel primarily because of the 4 star. restaurant. We arrived Friday evening and firstly were taken back by the quite residential surroundings of the hotel but hey we got over that. We checked into our room which was spacious and nice view but again, my heart was sinking a bit. We had our meal and were both bitterly disappointed. My husband had a starter of blue cheese and walnuts with beetroot puree which sounded lovely, but was totally bland, now a bit of blue anywhere! Both our main courses were saturated in a heavy sauce which I eventually had to leave. We asked for the red wine which they forgot. I tried to justify that it was just a bad night and we tried to look on the bright side but were very disappointed. The next day there was a communion and when we arrived back we had to get our lunch to the room as there wasnt even a seat outside in the garden to enjoy the beautiful day. The sandwiches were stale when we got them and were sitting looking out a lovely garden but cooped up in the room. We pondered on giving the restaurant another chance, went downstairs, communion party still there and we decided to go into La Boheme in Waterford, the best decision ever! Our weekend was salvaged. The upside to this hotel is that the staff are very nice but it could be so much better.