Athenaeum House Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
US$101
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
US$88
All reviewszaks restaurantwaterford cityacross the riverquiet locationshort drivelovely hotellarge roomfull irishsaturday nightcourse mealvisiting waterfordcar parkstancarrieirelandsuirduvet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Recently stayed here as we were attending a family wedding being held in the hotel. Well what can i say... perfect! The wedding day was fantastic, the staff were so helpful and efficient catering to our every need! The style of the wedding meal wasn't the usual sit-down job but rather a buffet style which i felt they dealt with really well. The room we were allocated was lovely, really relaxing, only problem was the bathroom fan stayed on for ages before going off but apart from that it was lovely. We decided to stay a second night and visit some family in the area. When we got back to the hotel the second evening the hotel was a sight for sore eyes, such a relaxing environment that makes you really feel at home. I must say that Stan & Nicola there are fantastic, such welcoming people that by the time we were leaving I was sad to go. Will definately stay again if just to relax in the louge with a drink and a good book!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank SarahDoran
Reviewed 11 September 2010

The receptionist from Dunmore East was the best part of this hotel. She had wonderful suggestions for dinner & while the drive was more than we thought, the food at Spinnaker's was superb!!

The hotel itself is old, slightly more than rundown, and our suite needed special attention to the mattress, which hung like a hammock. The creakiness of the floor was nothing, but there was no air moving in the room and with the itsy bitsy fan provided...well, you know the story.

The breakfast was less than most of our other stays and while there was a handicapped entrance, it was kept locked and took longer than normal to locate someone to open.

WIFI was only available in the lounge.....3 flights down. And oh yes...the elevator stopped on the 2nd and 4th floors.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuJuTN
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for three nights! Once I read the following statements from the hotel website and other hotel booking websites I was really looking forward to my stay....'A boutique hotel set amidst 10 acres of parkland on the banks of the River Suir overlooking Waterford City, Ireland. Offering an elegant lifestyle, with modern chic decor. Providing the ultimate in comfort and luxury. Featuring Zaks Restaurant (breakfast, lunch & dinner), forest walks and state of the art meeting rooms. All bedrooms include deluxe rooms and suites, individually designed.Just kick back, enjoy relaxed hospitality, intriguing menus, or perhaps stroll out to the terrace for a drink and a chat, while enjoying the view of the River Suir.' THIS IS ABSOLUTE LIES!! THIS HOTEL IS A FOUR CLASS DUMP!! After one nights stay we wanted to check out but all the other hotels in Waterford were unavailable so we were stuck!! The whole time we stayed there the theme tune to Fawlty Towers was in my head. The owners are exactly like basil and sybil fawlty. our double bed was two singles shoved together, the tv was so small it could have fit in my handbag, mini-bar was just a smelly small fridge that takes 12hrs for drinks to be cold, there is no right bar e.g. the first night we went down to 'the bar' at 10:30 not a soul around all lights off until one of the staff asked did we want a drink so she got us our drinks and lead us to the sitting room and because it was so quiet we had to whisper...very uncomfortable!! this hotel has such a dead atmosphere! Food = Disgusting! one free meal included in stay and there was a €5 charge for the beef...daft! had broken lights in bathroom with torn towels and it was not cleaned properly every day as well as room! forest walks..where? the grounds are pathetic! a big lawn with a white rusty chair and there is a tiny view of the river suir and waterford city through the trees. Could not wait to check out after our three nights of misery!! so if you are thinkin of going to Waterford stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shaz82
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I have stayed here a number of times and this is my favourite in Waterford. Lovely unique rooms, beautiful restaurant , great food and really friendly staff ,nothing is too much effort.
Hotels like this are individual gems.
This hotel is not walking distance to Waterford Town centre, but a short drive.
However, this hotel makes a lovely self contained evening.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Burren
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Stayed in this hotel in May 2010. Myself and my wife were loooking for somwhere to have a relaxing break away from the kids and the hustle and bustle of life and I am so happy that we chose to stay here. We stayed for one night and got the romance package. On arrival we were greeted very well by the manger on duty. The decor of the reception/lobby was excellent and done to great taste.

Our room was magnificent. It was absolutly huge. It had a fantastic view- looking out onto the reiver suir where we could also see reginalds tower. The room was decorated to the highest of standards. We had a bottle of champagne and chocolates in our room on arrival (part of the romance package).

The restaurant was bright and modern and the food was unbelievable. My personal favourite was the chicken liver pate ( the best i have ever had) The service was second to none. After dinner we sat in the decking/patio area for drinks and then we went to the lounge area which was very comfortable and inviting.

I cannot fault any aspect of my stay here and would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. The service and the hotel were excellent and I will 100% be returning to this hotel in the very near future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple