Viking Hotel Waterford
  • Restaurant
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
View Hotel
All reviewscity centrering roadbar foodweekend breakreception stafftwo nightswould stay againbuffet breakfastminute drivefew drinksfriday nightlovely roomlovely hotelself serviceone night stayevening mealdealership
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed for just one night in the Ramada Viking and I have to say it was most enjoyable and relaxing. Room was large and very clean, food (in bar) was excellent as was breakfast, staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Though the hotel was located on a main road, the entrance was concealed by a van belonging to the next door car dealer that shouldn't be there in the first place. Parking space was excellent, reception commendable. Room was ok, beds comfortable, bathroom was small and dimly lit. Liquid hand soap and hair & shower gel was of high quality.
Restaurant was ok, prices average and service was nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Druusi
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Tired and worn -needs a facelift- next to a car dealership and very difficult to find. Impossible to find these hotels when they don't give you an address and you can't plug it into GPS- all we had to go on was Cork Road. Had to go back to front desk staff several times for information e.g. internet cord, password. Would be helpful if they gave you all information you need upfront.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jill026
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beggining of July for my brothers wedding. I found the staff at this hotel helpful from the start - I originally called them back in November 2009 to find out about prices etc and spoke to a lovely lady called Clodagh who actually sorted out a decent rate including breakfast for me and for the 20 other members of my family who were also coming over for the wedding. Marvellous!
When we arrived I was a bit unsure because of the location of the hotel (industrial estate!) but I was impressed by the fact the hotel was immaculate, the room was immaculate and the staff were helpful.
We soon found out that 5 minutes up the road is a bus stop which takes you right into the town centre and is much cheaper than getting a cab! (10 EUR each trip to town compared to 3EUR for an all day ticket on the bus!)
The breakfast at the hotel is superb as is the restaurant food - You get a LOT of food for your money there!
I would like to thank the staff as well because on the last day my father was taken ill and had to go to hospital, the hotel were very quick in sending the hotel doctor to see him in the first instance and also very kind to my Dad's partner when she was trying to re-arrange flights, car hire etc as they had to stay an extra night. You made a difficult situation alot easier!
Thankfully my dad was fine and we all got home okay and with fabulous memories of a very traditional & fun Irish wedding and a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy O
Reviewed 12 August 2010

we stayed in the ramada with two rooms for kids , they loved it cos they could watch what they wanted on sky movie, they had a double bed and single to sleep in , mum and dad could relaxe knowing that kids were enjoying them selves, we were on ground floor so safety was there, windows open so far, the shower was a bit of a pain to get the hang of but hey it was new style but the selfserice breakey was to die for, we had sunday diner when we arrived and it was so well done with big portions, if you wanted small they do that to..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family