“Jack Mead's Pub”

Werribee, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jack Mead's Pub”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

A craic of a time was had by all at this tiny Irish Pub, with a couple of drinks and sing along with Tom Comerford, listening to the stories. Highly recommended for a visit, a truely top place.

1 Thank Cathrine L

Derby, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great all rounder”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I'd been here about 15 years or more ago and thought I'd try and find it even though I couldn't remember the name as soon as I saw the sign of the Dunmore Road I remembered it.
We got there just after 7 and found a table inside easy enough as outside was thronged with people.
There was a Carvery on the go but was closing so we had a la carte. Confusingly there were no prices on the menu but we ordered. I had the largest 8oz Steak I've ever seen. Delicious!
Very reasonably priced too, no room for dessert.

The only reasons for not giving it a 5 are the kids portions are a bit small for bigger children and the staff are incredibly busy and I had to ask for my veg and potatoes.

Loved it! Museum and playground and walk by the river are welcome additions.

Visited May 2014
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Charming pub from 1700's”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the fire going in each room. "Owen" the server was fun. Ate dinner there as well. Huge foes not begin to describe the portions. One would serve three people! I had the chicken and it was good. Most people got the ribs, potatoes and cabbage which is a traditional dish. They boil the ribs, which didn't appeal to me. Most people said they were extremely salty and tasted like ham vs ribs as we know them in the US. They Aldo put "chips" on the table which were very good French fries, English style. The apple berry crumble desert was good with vanilla ice cream as well.

Visited May 2014
Borris-in-Ossory, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

great food, fab latte!!!!!!!!!, great value, lovely staff, great with kids
will definately return, TV good for matches, beer good from what we heard, we stuck to wine

Visited March 2014
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great spot”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Fantastic carvery food and a excellent beer garden to eat it in! Not your typical pub as they have a playground and mini nature walks on the grounds! Defiantly well worth a visit

Visited September 2013