“for them and”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
arklow
“for them and”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

booked mid week in feb two b&b and 1 evening meal.on arrival found room very clean.after booking went to bar and ordered 2 coffees and 2 brown toasties.sanwiches arrived,white bread not toasted,returned them to barman,telling him ordered brown toasted.he grunted something took them away,returned them a long time later,but still not toasted.we just paid for them,but they were horrible,so we just left them there and left.later that evening my friend and myself went to bar ,ordered 2 drinks,and was charged 12.80 euro,pricey.that evening we went for evening meal,and when menu arrived it was different from resturaunt menu.the menu was very limited and when we complained we were told we could upgrade to other menu at a cost of 18 euro each.we declined offer and when food arrived it was terrible.the next morning i was awoken at 6 45 by a delivery truck unloading beer barrells to hotel right below our room which was over enterance to car park.to sum up our midweek break,disaster and definately will not be going back.

Room Tip: dont take room over car park on beer delivery mornings.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank thomas e
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012

I am very sorry to read of the confusion with your bar order and also that you did not even get the correct order in the end. My apologies. You mention that the bar was pricey for 2 drinks. As I do not know what 2 drinks you had, I am sorry to say I can not comment further. The menu you received was part of the City Deal offer. It clearly states at the time of purchase of your city deal offer that it will be from a select menu that will be served in the met bar area. I am happy to see that you were seated in the restaurant however. I am sorry to see that your sleep was disrupted by delivery vehicles, we do our utmost to schedule such deliveries mid-day and away form all hotel rooms.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
cork
Reviewed 2 March 2012

for a four star hotel i was discusted with my stay in the fitzwilton ....check in was slow and rooms for not up the standard of previous four stars hotels i have stayed in.......myself and my partner also ate in the hotel restaurant on one of our nights stay and were extremely dissapointed with the food, two couples near us also complained about there meal on the same night, just not up to scratch and on top of that service was extremely slow. This is my first time ever complaining about any hotel i have stayed in. when i returned I also learned that this hotel had CHARGED ME TWICE for my stay and i am STILL waiting to get this money back despite being in touch with three different staff members and management....it is an absolute disgrace and they wernt even apologetic over the whole situation....at this stage i will be getting in touch to my solicitor. They were so quick to take the money out but im still waiting and it is now one week later and going into the weekend.... IM DISCUSTED

1 Thank CorkAmyjo
Hi Corkamyjo,

May I state that we the hotel did not charge you twice for your stay and therefore we do not still have your money. There was a pre-auth done on your card which is standard procedure. The money is in your account, it is just locked - you will need to contact your bank to unlock it. Apologies for the inconvenience, this is a downside to debit cards. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience but I assure you, we have not charged you twice for your stay.

Regards,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Cork
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed one night last month, I am surprized it's a 4 star to be fair it warrants 3, we did get a good deal, considering it's a city based hotel, €99 for two sharing including breakfast. Biggest gripe was the carpark, full to the brim by 3.30pm, despite the fact that check in is at 3pm! So I wondered who else is using this carpark? Took my chances by street parking and paid a metre until the evening time. So don't rely on the carpark. Room was fine, breakfast was fine, although staff were under fierce pressure to an almost full breakfast room, and this led to small annoyances like waiting for bread to toast, waiting for buffet to be restocked etc.. hotel is situated amidst high rise buildings from most angles surrounded by busy streets. If I were staying in Waterford again I don't think I would choose this hotel, even though €99 was good value, I would pay a little bit extra elsewhere for peace of mind on the car front - this was my 1st time booking into a hotel shortly after check in time and finding it's carpark full. Lovely staff at this hotel, unfortunately it's not enough to entice me back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Sorry to see the car park was full on your arrival. We do have free on-site parking which is rare city centre hotels, however it is subject to availability and can become full during busy periods. We do offer guests the alternative of paying €5.00 for 24 hour car parking on the Quay (2 minutes walk from the hotel). I am delighted you got to avail of one of our very good offers and also that you found all our staff lovely which I will be only too happy to relate to them.

Kind Regards,

ireland
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel is not up to 4 star standard,but it is a good clean hotel,my wife and i stayed here mid week on a Groupon deal and unlike a previous reviewer, We did not in anyway feel we were treated any different because of it,without doubt the menu choice with groupon is very limited,Breakfast was ok,but this area did seemed to be under staffed,wasn't happy that the hotel restaurant was closed on both nights we were there,this must be a sign of the times but it should be on the web site.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

my girlfriend booked the pent house for my 30th for 2nights. we paid 110 for a citydeal voucher with 2nights a bottle of wine and one evening meal. we upgraded to the penthouse for extra 180. we arrived to lovely staff at reception. couldn't book in till after 3 which was fine we went for a bite to eat and came back. booked in and went to the room. the room smelled awful and looked like poo walked into the floor. we checked ours and nothing on them so clearly wasn't cleaned. my girlfriend is pregnant and we really wanted a relaxing few days! we did not get that. no curtains and windows arent great it was so noisey and bright. we didn't get to use the dinner voucher as menu was just awful. we could have upgraded but still not great. we never got the free bottle of wine and no extras in penthouse as you would expect. we've stayed in hotels all over Ireland and always get nice little extras when staying in expensive rooms, even little chocs or fruit. not even a biscuit to be seen. my poor girlfriend woke at 6am unable to sleep from noise and wanted to book into somewhere else for the second night but we'd already paid and I tried to cheer her up by saying its not that bad. (it was) in fairness we didn't complain but I do intend to send a e mail. location is good and staff are friendly but hotel needs a good revamp

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank wicklow1982
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My partner and I availed of a deal with Groupon, basically included 2 nights with breakfast each morning and one evening meal on the night of our choice and a bottle of wine to have with the meal or when ever we wanted. We stayed in Room 207 and found it to be very nice! Decor was lovely, simple but lovely. Only thing about booking with Groupon Vouchers is that there is only limited spaces for them at the weekend so we had to book midweek,totally understandable.Check in was great, receptionist was very nice and very informative, the barman was also informative, he told us all the great places to see, we had breakfast delivered as room service and was lovely, parking was very secure in the hotel premises, we didn't have a problem with it at all. The hotel it self is located in an ideal area, 15 min drive from Tramore Beach and right in the city centre. Also to note that the meal that comes with the Groupon Voucher is very limited, you have a set menu to choose from, it could do with bit more variety. All in all we had a brilliant time at the hotel and would definitely recommend it again! Also this hotel is very anti smoking and you have to sign a document when staying stating that you will not smoke in the rooms. i would advise anyone not to even attempt to do this as the windows are so small and the smoke alarms must be really sensitive because on the first night someone set the alarm off late at night, thus making us all arrive down to the reception in our pj's!! Not nice!

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel advertises as a 4 star hotel. It is definitely not at this level.
Rooms are average 3 star (duvets under cover were dirty)-windows were dirty but it didn't matter because the view was of the building opposite. The heat was on full blast and was uncomfortably warm. We had booked a deal that included dinner-the menu for this deal was pathetic, really pathetic. So we ended up spending an additional €35 and if we had realised this would have gone to a restaurant with good quality food. Breakfast was uninteresting and served with incompetent surliness. Overall, I would say, why the hell is this advertised as 4 star??? if advertised as 2/3 star then I'd have known what to expect. Disappointing beyond belief and definitely destroyed a romantic getaway.

1 Thank TrishaGalway_Ireland