“ENJOYABLE”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
CO TIPPERARY
“ENJOYABLE”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the fitzwilton for one night in the Penthouse Suite. The price was very reasonable for €159.00, the room is very spacious and comfortable. Bedroom was nicely decorated as was the bathroom. There was some stains on one of the chairs with the table, and some on the carpet. In the bathroom the tap tower for the bath was a bit unkept and shaky as was the tap in the lounge. There didnt seem to be any temperature other than scald for the bathtub. The shower was perfect. All in all I had a very good stay and would recommend staying in this suite.

• Stayed March 2013
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hello Zmare,

Thank you for sharing your recent visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I am delighted to see you availed of our very reasonable rates and also that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable. Located on the uppermost floor of the Hotel, The penthouse suite is indeed our largest room. I apologise for the stains you noticed and I assure you these will be dealt with immediatley. We have not been having issues with water temperature but again, this will be looked at straight away. Thank you kindly for your recommendation and I am thrilled to see that over all you enjoyed your stay. Thank you once again for your review and I assure you the shortcomings will be rectified as a matter of urgency.

Fitzwilton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We had a very relaxing 2 nights B&B in this hotel. It was our first time to stay there and we were totally happy with the experience. The reception staff were very welcoming equally so was the friendly bar staff. The room was spotless and bed was very comfortable. We had a delicious meal in the resturant and our compliments to the Chef for a beautiful meal with our steaks cooked exactly as we had requested. We will definitely return again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open, do not take a room at the front of the hotel, you will he...
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. i am delighted you found your rooms to your satisfaction and I will be definitley passing your comments to our team of chefs with regards to the delicious meal you had at Chez - K's. Our warm and welcoming staff will look forward to welcoming you and yours for your soon to be second visit.

Thank you once again for your review,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

I called the hotel and booked a room. Got a taxi and checked in. I had to sign a form saying that I would have to pay a fine If smoked in the room of 150 euro!!!

That was the first thing they greeted me with!

The receptionist was authoritive and not friendly at all. I felt she was reluctantly doing me a favour by me staying there.

The price on the web was 50 euro, but they charged 58 when I got there.

Just wish I booked somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Hi Shane,.

thank you for your post. I assure you, you were not 'threatened' merely informed of the procedures we have in place to deter people from smoking in our non-smoking property. Also, rates online will differ from time to time of those booked direclty with the property - this would not be the fault of the receptionist as they are merely quoting you the live rates they have in front of them.

Thank you once again for your post.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My partner and I stayed two nights at the fitzwilton,the hotel was well decorated and the room very spacious and clean.we found the reception staff amazing,nothing at all was a problem,they were lovely.Bar staff were a little slow,but again helpful.we found nothing was a problem,if you wanted something you just asked,Eleanor on reception was just so helpful along with her colleague who's name unfortunately I didn't get.Dinner in the restaurant was very nice and well presented to a high standard,we would not hesitate to stay here again due to the staff and hotel rooms,lovely stay,clean bedding and towels each day,excellent.free secure parking too.

Hello Shelly,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to see that you both enjoyed your visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I will happily pass your very kind words on to Eleanor and her colleagues also. It is great to read that everything about your visit was fantastic and most of all that you would not hesitate to return.

Thank you once agin fro your glowing comments - we look forward to welcoming you and yours again very soon.

4* Fitzwilton Hotel
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is most definitely not a 4 star hotel. The room and corridors had a rotten musty smell, the rooms were cheap and dreary. The bed had clearly not been changed, I won't go into details! The staff were atrocious with little or no training. The meal in the restaurant was appalling. But then I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Hi Maria,

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am confused by your post heading 'kip' as we are not the currency of Laos nor are we a village in Scotland. I can see from your comments that our newly completed refurbishment did not impress. I am also dissappointed to see you did not enjoy your dining experience with us and found the staff not to be up to standard. As you give no details for these statements I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss these with you at a time suitable to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel on 051 846900.

I look forward to hearing from you and once again am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Just back from a 2 day break at the Fitzwilton Hotel . Parking no problem . Hotel , room decor , Met bar , Chez K's restaurant , staff all first class . We had our evening meal which was part of the deal on the first night . The young guy in the restaurant was fantastic and all the staff during our stay were friendly and knowledgeable . Ten out of ten for the Fitzwilton .

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 413 . The room was large and airy .
Hi Kenhar,

thank you very much for your 10 out of 10 review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us from start to finish. I will be more than happy to pass your kind words also to all members of our team. We look very much forward to welcoming you and yours to the Fitzwilton Hotel again soon.

Thank you once again for your glowing review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here midweek from a groupon voucher. Was well worth the visit. From checking in to the restaurant to the bar staff everyone was very welcoming and helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the met bar. Food was lovely . Location was very central. Would stay again and recommend to friends

• Stayed February 2013
Hello Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel which I am delighted to see was a very enjoyable one. It is with pleasure I read that you found everybody to be welcoming and helpful which is a huge credit to the staff at the Fitzwilton. I will also pass your kind words to our kitchen team. We greatly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest Regards,