“Comfortable hotel with superb staff.”
Review of Fitzwilton Hotel

Fitzwilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on business regularly. It is well located, upmarket, comfortable, clean and friendly. It represents good value. Food is good and well presented. Highly recommended to business people and tourists alike.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Derek_L_11
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Good afternoon Derek,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see you have enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your very kind words relating to our good location, food and value. Your recommendations for both the tourist and business traveller are also much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next visit to Waterford City.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went to Waterford for our anniversery and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is very well situated, only a few minutes walk from the town and the town is lovely and lively at the weekends with lots to do. The rooms in the hotel where perfect for what we were looking for. One of the nights we enjoyed a nice meal in the hotel's restaraunt and had breakfast each morning. The breakfast had an okay selection of food.

However all in all, we both enjoyed our stay and would return to the Fitzwilton.

Hello reviewer,

thank you kindly for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay at the Fitzwilton Hotel in Waterford City. I am delighted to read you had a great anniversary stay with us and that you enjoyed every minute. Thank you also for your kind words relating to our fabulous restaurant menu which I will be more than happy to pass on to the hard working team here at the Fitzwilton Hotel. It is also great to read you will return to us and hopefully we will get to welcome you and yours again very soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked this hotel via pigsback.com and stayed there for 2 nights this weekend. Found the hotel perfect for a city break, Room was large with a double and single beds which were heavenly. Breakfast was great and there was loads of everything in the buffet. We ate in the restaurant on the Friday night which was excellent especially the seafood chowder. We had some bar food again on Saturday which was exceptional and very reasonably priced. I couldn't recommend the hotel enough and all the staff were extremely nice and welcoming especially the bar man (Michael) and the lady on reception on the Friday night!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
jeffd2009, Director of Sales at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Good afternoon Derek,

Thank you kindly for sharing your wonderful experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel. We are always overjoyed to see our guests enjoying every aspect of our services and am delighted this was the case for you and yours. I will be more than happy to pass your very kind remarks to all departments and to Michael our wonderful bar person also. Thank you once again for your glowing review and for taking the time to do so. In addition, your recommendations are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with breakfast included. Hotel was in a great location, very stylish and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Ate in the hotel restaurant both nights as the food was just amazing.

Hi Nikki,

thank you kindly for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will be more than happy to pass your comments on our amazing food to the kitchen team and to all of our friendly and helpful staff.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location, just over the bridge from the train station. I wouldn't say it's a 4 star hotel though, I'd have it more a 3 star. The biggest problem with this hotel was they had no air conditioning and you couldn't open the window to the room. This made for a horrible nights sleep. When I complained in the morning they said it was against the law to have air conditioning in the room which I was very dubious about. If that is true, then at least put some fans in the room, providing that's not against the law. I had a look at the breakfast in the morning and decided it didn't look good quality so left it. Not sure if I'll ever be in Waterford again, but if I did, I would look at other hotels. There was one which was down the road by the waterfront that had a great pub as part of the hotel, can't remember the name but maybe one to consider.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jigsinsy

Dear reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree our location is fantastic and just a mere 2 minute walk from the city's main train and bus station. Air conditioning is not all that common in Irish hotels and I am sorry the heat led to an uncomfortable nights sleep for you. all our windows do open, they are fitted with security/child friendly locks however. Fans are also available at reception and this should have been offered to you upon your complaint of the heat. Sorry this was not the case. I am also sorry you did not get to try our award winning breakfast which as you will see from past reviewers comes highly recommended. Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay and I apologise it was not a more pleasant one.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for New years eve, check in was fine and the bar seemed quite lively as you would expect for new years eve, we went to our room which was perfectly acceptable, clean and fresh and nice bathroom although missing that nice 4 star look. Room a bit warm so needed window opened. Went down to the bar at 10pm to be met by about 20 small children running around the bar, I found this extremely disappointing as I really would have liked a nice adult evening. We ordered drinks but decided to take them to our room, not really a new years eve night. Very disappointed. Also, woken in the middle of the night by a very loud member of staff delivering room service to a room near ours.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suzykDublin

Hi Suzy,

thank you for your review. I am happy you found the bar, your room and check in to be fine/acceptable. I am sorry however that you were left disappointed that there were kids in the bar. I have checked our numbers and we had 7 kids in house that night. That said, children should not be in the bar at that time and I assure you I will address this personally. I am sorry you left disappointed with your stay and hopefully you will visit us again soon so that we can improve on our shortcomings. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I wish you and yours a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Lovely room, bit warm but you would get over that. Loads of fluffy towels, very nice receptionist checking in, bar is awesome serving some lovely cocktails that tasted amazing. Taking a point away as the room was boiling.

Hi Reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford. I am sorry to see your room was too hot for you and hope this did not infringe too much on your stay/sleep. I am happy however to see that all other aspects of your stay were pleasant. I will be delighted to pass your kind comments to our wonderful reception staff also. We look forward to welcoming you and yours again soon.