Fitzwilton Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$152
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$128
Agoda.com
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
US$94
1,480 results
All reviewsthe penthousethe hotel car parklovely hotelcourse mealhen partybar foodcity centreself servicefrom start to finishweekend breaka lovely stayfood was lovelywould highly recommend this hotelbar staffenjoyable stayboth nightstop class
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this on behalf of our motorbike club and every thing requested was sorted when we arrived. We arrived later than anticipated so they put our booking for diner back to accommodate us. Rooms spacious, beds comfy, breakfast excellent. Staff very nice. We all loved this hotel and if we come to Waterford again this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed one night here.
hotel is a new one in a ancient city, very narrow streets around.
staff very friendly
bar is upper class so not for the likes of me , you know a trendy bar.
bed rooms are very good.
food is excellent.
for a stay in Waterford compared to other hotels I would recommend it

Room Tip: no views from most of rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank watchfullDubliner
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly staff, good location and nice modern rooms. Parking can be a little difficult at the hotel especially in a large vehicle but the staff are really on the ball and know what they are doing.

Didn't get a chance to try anything else during my stay. Look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

2 years ago I booked my brothers stag at the fitzwilton & had a great experience with no issues & would have highly recommended it. Last weekend I held my own stag at the fitzwilton & it was awful, first off the prices of the rooms where changing depending on who you spoke to, secondly having paid for everything over the phone I had one of my guests arrive only to be told there was no room confirmed for him even though I had paid for him & also there was no availability for him. Then I was informed that they hadn't charged me enough when I paid the total & they then took €50 from my returnable deposit of €350. I was also told over the phone that my deposit would be returned to the card on departure, then on departure I was told it would take a couple of days for them to check the rooms even though it was 3 o clock & I had checked out at 12. I had a mature group of 18 lads with me the two youngest being 24 & 33 everyone else was 40+ & apart from the girls in the breakfast area, everyone felt the staff treated us like we were a burden to them. The barman was non existent serving 3/4 people then disappearing through a door behind him for 5minutes at a time. I had to ring them this morning to enquire about the charge for that single room that wasn't available and they told me they said why didn't I dispute it at the time, I told them I was drinking at the time as it was my stags & I didn't want to argue, they told me they would ring me back I'm still waiting. I will not be booking into the fitzwilton again & will tell everyone I know that the fitzwilton was very unprofessional for a so called 4 star hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank DWhelan72
jeffd2009, Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fitzwilton Hotel Waterford on tripadvisor.

I'm sorry that your recent stay with us wasn't up to previous experience with us. I was surprised that your felt our staff did not pay sufficient attention to your group, as you can see from previous reviews we are always praised on the level of service we provide.

The rates for your group were agreed with our group reservations department prior to your arrival. The only fluctuation on cost to your guests was when there was a different amount of occupants in the room, this incurring small differences on individual costs.

Just to clear up any confusion regarding your group deposit. When refunding a charge back to a credit or debit card it takes a couple of working days for that charge to pass through the banking system, and back to the card. As we explained it is nothing to do with how long it takes for us to check a group of rooms, but the time the bank takes to process the credit back to the card. This would have also been explained when making the reservation.

I hope this offers some clarity for you.

Kind Regards.

Dominic
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We love this hotel and stay there any time we are down in Waterford. The Hotel is lovely and well situated to Town though my only draw back would be parking but this is not worth lossing marks over. The staff can never do enough for you and it is very family friendly and great value for money . The rooms are clean and very spacious and comfortable even for the 4 of us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family