“A little gem!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This restaurant is very close to the Tower hotel and the Waterford Crystal Showrooms. We had the early bird which was superb vale at about €25 for 3 courses + coffee. The mussels starter was excellent, served with flavoured bread and served in a lovely garlic sauce. The seafood risotto was the best risotto I've ever had, with perfectly cooked rice and chunky pieces of good quality fish. The homemade ice-cream and chocolate sauce was to die for! Wines are good value.

2 Thank Toowrist

Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful service and fabulous food”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Highly recommend this intimate italian restaurant next door to world famous Waterford crystal. Their brown bread was amazing. We each had a pasta starter. Mine was the bolognese and my husbands the penne. Both very flavorful and small portions so you could enjoy your meal. I had the monkfish and my husband the veal limone. Both were super special. If you go through Waterford, don't miss la Palma.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lesliebauman
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“relaxing dinner”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

good value early bird menu and pleasant staff make this place a good choice for dinner . Everything is well presented and though portions are not big it is a very elegant italian restaurant

Visited June 2013
1 Thank eamonn d
Seymour, Tennessee
“Elegant, charming, with wonderful, creative Italian food”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

They use mostly Irish products in their recipes, that's one of the things I love about many Irish restaurants. Local food- it's the best. We got into Waterford sort of late, and La Palma was the only restaurant within walking distance which was open, so we hungry travellers steeled ourselves to take whatever we could get. INSTEAD, we walked into this beautiful, upscale restaurant, and ended up having one of the best meals I've ever eaten! I had the ravioli of butternut squash and sweet potato, walnut and sage brown butter - it was lick-the-plate good! (I didn't do that, of course). My sister had la palma bolognese – tom kearney’s beef, stewed with chianti wine and fresh tomatoes, basil and thyme - she was equally impressed. Good bread, a nice little complimentary starter plate, excellent service, surprisingly reasonable price. We were completely happy. HIGHLY recommended! All "Foodies" will be thrilled!

1 Thank 1Buckaroo1
Warwick, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD !”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Called in recently whilst going through Waterford and had their "early bird" menu for about twenty bucks or thereabouts. I cannot say anything bad about this place - the rib eye steak was the most tender and succulent meat I have had in a year ! I asked for it bleu and it was served exactly as I ordered. The parsnip puree was brilliant, the saute potatoes exactly right and the salad fresh, clean and very tasty.

Their choice of breads is well worth sampling and the panecota desert was mouth watering ! Its nice to see that when you order a coffee here you get a real coffee, not a make believe with a whisk and some froth from a can ! The espresso I had was every bit as good as I have had in Messina, Rome and Casino.

Its so handy for town too this place, not that hard to park neaarby and very easy to find.

I do not know if the staff who served me were the owners - but the owners could not have been better themseves. These two chaps were polite, fast and highly efficient. I commend this place with the greatest sincerity.

Only one thing struck me when I was there which I'd like to "air" here as I know many USA citizens read these pages. A group of six Americans were in the restaurant having a meal at the same time - no problem there ! BUT one of their number kept his dreadful cap on throughout the meal. I know it might be OK in the USA, but over here and in the Uk if you wear a cap indoors (and even more especially whilst eating a meal) you are considered a very rude, ignorant and common person. Like i say, it may be culturally acceptable in the US but please don't make the mistake of thinking it is here.

So, a great restaurant and fabulous staff. Thanks to you for a very good meal.

4 Thank PaddyChancer