“INCREDIBLE!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

So, my Mom and I stayed at the Waterford Castle for two nights (it is so SO lovely!). Well after our first nights stay, we wanted to visit the Waterford Factory and try a new restaurant with an international cuisine.

The castle staff recommended this restaurant (it is essentially attached to the a Waterford Factory building). It was also centrally located to our travel plans and in a wonderful location. I was initially hesitant because of it's location/tourist-trap fears BUT boy am I'm happy I allayed those doubts!

This place was one of our favorite meals in a Ireland!! First of all, the actual space is gorgeous! However owns this restaurant is a genius! The place is ultra-modern, yet the food is contemporary Northern Italian fare. OMG, great atmosphere AND with great food?!? You could NOT ask for more.

So, I ordered the Cod with olives and capers (yep, this experience was almost two weeks ago and I STILL remember my meal). And, my Mom ordered the prawns with lemon butter and pasta. Both of our meals were INCREDIBLE and the staff (our waitress was Alice and I think the other servers name was Aisling) were SO amazing, accommodating, and genuine that they made our night, meal and trip to Waterford!

I could NOT fully relive my trip to Ireland without giving a "shout out" to these incredible ladies at La Palma. I would LOVE to come back just for the food, ambience and lovely personnel.

Aisling and Alice helped make our trip that much more spectacular!

This place is a DO NOT MISS if you are traveling to Waterford, Ireland!

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Had dinner in La Palma midweek recently. Great value 3 course menu for €30 which has plenty of choice. Staff were very friendly & helpful & food was very tasty. Definitely worth a try & I look forward to a return visit.

1  Thank croghanmoira
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Another of the wide range of Italian restaurants in Waterford. The taster (early bird) menu is good value for money.

2  Thank Pat N
Reviewed 16 April 2014

La Palma, is a lovely restaurant, delicious fresh food, beautifully presented. Decor is very relaxing and service is friendly and efficient

1  Thank Nora C
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I really like La Palma in Waterford. I would highly recommend it. Elegantly decorated, lovely atmosphere, super staff, and the food is fabulous. Fresh, tasty, nicely presented. A treat and really good value.

2  Thank Kelso75