“Lovely stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hedge End
Lakeside Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Hedge End B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed for a night while we were in Southampton for the weekend. We found the location on housing estate to be a bit confusing but once arrived thought it was nice as it was a bit out of the way. The room was lovely, provided with refilled shampoo and conditioner in a folded up robe. Tea and biscuits in the room and the ensuite was perfect. Felt very welcomed and the breakfast in the morning was lovely. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at Lakeside for one night on a recent 2 week visit to England. Our hosts were welcoming. We were disappointed to find ourselves on a housing estate, although their house was at the very end and spacious. Photos on their website are not representative and they need to update. There is no longer a garden which was partly the reason for my choice of this B&B. Breakfast was in the conservatory and not in the room shown on the photo. Tables for two although we were the only ones for breakfast. We never saw the lake. Paper thin walls. We could hear a phone conversation in the next room. We never understood the soap/shampoo bottles. Several refilled bottles with the letter C on them. Tea tray with biscuits and chocolates was a nice touch as were the robes. Also good wifi signal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

3) the breakfast was ok
4) the host was very friendly and welcoming
5) off road parking
6) good wifi signal

They do have dogs in the house but are kept away if you are allergic etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed with Suzie and Jim overnight in mid December after my works Christmas bash. I cannot say enough about the welcome we got. It was a very wet night and Suzie was a excellent host, very friendly as if we had known each other for years. Our room was enormous, very tastefully decorated, with all the home comforts we could of wanted including bathrobes and crystal wine glasses. It was immaculately clean with a bathroom you could play baseball in. Jim cooked us a sumptuous full English breakfast with a cracking pot of tea in the morning. I am so glad I chose to stay here and cannot fault it at all.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

As far as B&Bs go this is spot on, it's not a hotel it's a well run familly B&B just like a B&B should be.

The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable, the service is friendly and helpful. I've used this place off and on now for around 5 or 6 years now and will look forward to going back.

The only possible down side I can think of is the location, but that depends what you are after. If you are looking for somewhere as a base, for business or pleasure, or a stop over en route to catching a ferry then you'd have no complaints. I

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a top quality B & B run by to dedicated friendly couple. perfect for a chill out after a hard days work or studying as it was in my case. Good location with country walks or bike rides at hand.
The whole place is well maintained, with comfortable rooms with good facilities, an excellent fresh cooked full English breakfast is a must, which will fuel you up for the day. Ample safe & secure parking available, along with wi/fi.
A great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Recommended by a family member so happy I made this choice. Great hosts in Suzy and Jim they made me feel very welcome in there home/b&b, I will make this my new home away from home when I next come to Southampton. Large rooms, great food and the DVDs in the room such a nice touch. I would totally recommend the Lakeside Bed & Breakfast to anyone that needs somewhere to stay and feel like there back at home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean E

Been to Lakeside Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!