“Relaxing weekend”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hedge End
Twin Oaks Guest House
Ranked #2 of 4 Hedge End B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing weekend”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just spent a fab weekend visiting friends in the area. Guesthouse within walking distance. Owners very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Our room was large tastefully decorated and quiet overlooking the garden. Lovely breakfast room and a good choice of cereals/fruit or cooked breakfast. Will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Suspect rooms at the back are quieter as they overlook the garden.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sasha w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Twin Oaks is by far the most disgusting guest house I have ever had the misfortune to pay for. The whole house is untidy, cluttered, shabby and dirty. The carpets everywhere looked as though they haven't been vacuumed in ages, and the room I stayed in was dirty and dusty. There was an enormous length of cobweb hanging from the wardrobe. As for the bathroom, it was truly disgusting. The shower cubicle was filthy and the shower head and soap dispenser (which looked like something you would find in a public toilet) were black with mould. I was glad I was only booked in for one night as there was no way I would have used the shower! The towels were threadbare and extremely rough. The breakfast was average. Overall, definitely NOT worth £65/night and I certainly would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SAJ57
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We have stayed at Twin Oaks for 2 - 3 visits per year for 4 years, mainly to watch the cricket at the Rose Bowl. Penny and Martin are always welcoming and go out of their way to accomodate your needs.
We stayed in a well presented bedroom with en suite and they are always spotless and well maintained as is the whole house.
The breakfast is very good as usual and all requirements are catered for.
There is plenty of parking which is a bonus.
We sometimes see the same guests when we stay and they too have been going to Twin Oaks for many years.
I would encourage you to disregard the review by Lankalean.
I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim404
Kent
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Sir I cannot agree with the guest who wrote glowingly about Twin Oaks at Hedge end . I have stayed six B & B in Hedge End and this one certainly gets the thumbs down.

Martin the owner seems nice enough although he barely acknowledged me. Penny the landlady couldn't even bring herself to say Hello to me. They were not very friendly
. When you arrive in this house you dont feel like coming from a home to a home. It was like going in to a unit in an industrial estate Owners live on the ground floor where four rooms are. The whole corridor was a mess with books , files and clutter every where . The reception area ( If you can call that ) was a terrible mess. Not a single ornament, a beautiful picture or stature you would see in other B & B was there. They havent put any thought about decor, or give the house that warm and welcoming feeling

The landlady Penny needs to go on a course about how to keep a professional B & B house nice, tidy and attractive to guests. .

The en-suite twin room I stayed was cramped . I didnt even have enough room to move about. Space wast enough to keep two beds in that room But the worst thing was the noise. You could hear everything the guests in the next room were saying . You could hear their Tv even at the low volume. I didnt need a alarm clock because the snoring of the guest next room woke me up at 2am. I guess their partition walls are made of cardboard.

It was more like a over crowded boarding house than a proper B & B. . Although they need your money you get the feeling that you are not welcome there. May be they can afford to ignore new guests because they have enough long term stayers
This is a good lesson for everybody not to fall for websites of B & Bs. They describe the place as fantasy land and you go there believing everything they say only to get very disappointed. The couple has young children so perhaps they have not got enough time to make the B & b a better place for guests.

if you are a builder and nowhere else to stay you are ok to spend the night here, But if you are a professional looking for short term stay in Hedge end do not go here

if you are paying yours,this place is not worth for £45 a night (Thats reduced Winter price) . You wont wake up relaxed and refreshed However, if your employer pays and you need a place to stay just one night this place is bearable.
I am afraid I would never recommend this to anybody

I have stayed at many other local B & B and first thing you notice is how friendly and welcoming the hosts are. Unfortunately, I didnt get that feeling here.

May be come Summer, Penny would start to Smile and Martin would be more attentive and you would be ok. But that may be wishful thinking

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank LankaLean
penny s, Owner at Twin Oaks Guest House, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
A real shame that you did not inform us of any complaints that you had at the time. From your discriptions I do wonder if you have the right place?You have spelt Hedge End wrong and indeed Twin Oaks was also spelt incorrectly! If you look at our website, rooms can be viewed on line and it is plain to see the sizes and the high quality of them, prices for the rooms are also quoted there.
A vast majority of our guests return week after week/year after year and vary from professional people to holiday makers and visitors to the Hampshire cricket ground. Both new and returning guests are always made very welcome.
We do hope however that you find somewhere else more suitable for your requirements in the future and that should you have any complaints next time that you raise them with the owners face to face.
uk
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Twin Oaks is a small, friendly guesthouse in a good location. We were warmly greeted by Martin and immediately felt at home, meeting Penny a little later that day. Twin Oaks is run primarily by Penny, who is obviously very keen to make her guests feel at home, with some assistance from Martin when he is not at his regular job. We had a lovely week there. The room was very clean, comfortable and warm with a very nice en-suite shower and toilet. The breakfast, which was served in a lovely conservatory, was tasty and filling. Penny was keen to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and she has a great rapport with her quests. We intend returning next year.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen46_10
A lovely honest review, it was a pleasure to have you stay in our home. Look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hedge End
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#6 of 24 in Southampton
Strawberry Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Twin Oaks Guest House? Share your experiences!