“Nice place to stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hedge End
Twin Oaks Guest House
Ranked #2 of 4 Hedge End B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Rooms are clean and the breakfasts very good. Very good value and good location, close to the centre of Hedge end as well as the cricket ground. Owners very welcoming. Would recommend this b and b and would use it again if I was in Southampton or the surrounding area.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ahw101

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Having to make a sudden visit to Hedge End for work I was very pleased with the Twin Oaks. From the moment I spoke to Penny on the phone, right through until the time I left I felt welcome, and Penny was a great help. The room was fine, the breakfast was great and the location was perfect.
I dont think that the bad reviews on here are fair, if you expect 5*, book 5*, the Twin Oaks is what it is, maybe not to everyones taste but good value, and ticks all the right boxes for me.
I have rebooked now for a return business trip at the end of the month, and will not hesitate to book into the Twin Oaks whenever I go to the Southampton for business or for pleaseure

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank fluff1978
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Twin oaks is almost perfect, but of corse nothing is. Penny, the landlady is lovely, she warmly welcomed us the minute we walked through the door, her husband, Martin, is nice, although we didn't see much of him. The rooms are very spacious and beds quite comfy. The dining area is beautifully laid out and the breakfast is nice with a selection of cereals and a cooked breakfast available, also you get to help yourself to juice. You can use the dining room at night if you bring a take away back or want to play a board game or cards, ect. If we are in the area again we would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Samrichardson98
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have stayed at Twin Oaks for each of my 4 visits to the annual Southampton Boat Show. I came across it by chance the first year and was so glad I did, hence the repeat visits. The rooms are comfortable and clean with good en suite facilities. All the rooms I have stayed in have been quiet allowing for a good night's sleep. Breakfasts are great with a wide choice and pleasant surroundings, being served in conservatory overlooking garden to rear. The owners, Penny & Martin, are very friendly and make you feel at home. Similarly the extra staff who help out are of a similar disposition. I would have no hesitation in recommending Twin Oaks to other travellers. It is also handily placed for visits to various places in the surrounding area. I am looking forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just spent a fab weekend visiting friends in the area. Guesthouse within walking distance. Owners very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Our room was large tastefully decorated and quiet overlooking the garden. Lovely breakfast room and a good choice of cereals/fruit or cooked breakfast. Will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Suspect rooms at the back are quieter as they overlook the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sasha w
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Twin Oaks is by far the most disgusting guest house I have ever had the misfortune to pay for. The whole house is untidy, cluttered, shabby and dirty. The carpets everywhere looked as though they haven't been vacuumed in ages, and the room I stayed in was dirty and dusty. There was an enormous length of cobweb hanging from the wardrobe. As for the bathroom, it was truly disgusting. The shower cubicle was filthy and the shower head and soap dispenser (which looked like something you would find in a public toilet) were black with mould. I was glad I was only booked in for one night as there was no way I would have used the shower! The towels were threadbare and extremely rough. The breakfast was average. Overall, definitely NOT worth £65/night and I certainly would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SAJ57
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We have stayed at Twin Oaks for 2 - 3 visits per year for 4 years, mainly to watch the cricket at the Rose Bowl. Penny and Martin are always welcoming and go out of their way to accomodate your needs.
We stayed in a well presented bedroom with en suite and they are always spotless and well maintained as is the whole house.
The breakfast is very good as usual and all requirements are catered for.
There is plenty of parking which is a bonus.
We sometimes see the same guests when we stay and they too have been going to Twin Oaks for many years.
I would encourage you to disregard the review by Lankalean.
I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim404

Been to Twin Oaks Guest House? Share your experiences!