Botleigh Grange Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
HIExpress.com
US$127
US$98
US$213
US$202
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Restaurant
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$67
US$204
Travelocity
US$103
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbotleigh grangegirls nightspa facilitiesgroupon dealrelaxation roomcream tealovely hotelwedding partylick of paintsteam room and saunafour poster bedbit datedrelaxing staysunday lunchfull englishnew forestan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2013

New manager and seems to be getting back to how it use to be was a very good Dinner Dance (Ball) good food and a very enjoyable time!!!! Felt that the service we werer given was very high standard. Will be returning Many thanks

Room Tip: Ask for new wing! Or four poster bedroom
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traceyp123
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Nice Hotel, Nice room, a bit too hot, the towel rail cannot be turned off so that didn't help at all.
The food was absolutely wonderful, but the room service is way way too expensive.
Friendly staff especially the barman who I believe was a chap called bob.
The only thing I will actually mark this hotel down on is the unfriendly receptionist, wow, I cannot believe that the management of this hotel allow the first contact that any guests have is with this member of staff, I had no complaints, I was completely friendly, and to be brutally honest a grunt is not satisfactory, then upon leaving I had the absolute displeasure of having to speak with her again, maintaining the moral high ground I attempted to say "Thank you very much, we had a lovely time" halfway through the sentence she decided to cut me off handing me my receipt with a scowl (probably because i'd asked for it) "Thank you hope you enjoyed your stay" and promptly turned her back on me.
Well that's fine because due to that we will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank torbasun
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed here about a month ago with my daughter. We booked just one night stay as we were going on a cruise in Southampton the next day.
I found the reception desk and walked over to check in. Sat on the desk was not the most welcome sight, a very miserable looking girl who didn't even say hello, just grunted at me! I said I would like to check in please, so she grunted and grumbled some more and eventually gave me my room key. Not the best start I thought. Our room was ok, very dated and could definitely do with a re vamp. My daughter enjoyed it though, she liked the very old fashioned curtain things that were attached to the bed, which she also enjoyed ouncimg on.... oh well the springs had gone anyway! Room was clean, but could definitely do with a re seal around the bathroom as it was a it mouldy.
Next we visited the spa... I thought we were in a different hotel all of a sudden! Staff very nice and friendly. Spa beautiful, so clean and relaxing with a lovely outlook.
Next, we thought we would have some tea and 'cake' in the lounge bar area. We were going to share an afternoon tea, but when i saw someone elses we decided not to bother!, what a rip off, £14.99 for a pathetic looking playe of sad food! i asked the man behind the bar what cakes they had. They only had chocolate cake so we had 2 slices of that. When the cake appeared,I thought he had left half of it in the kitchen......it was such a small slither!! Even my 6 year old daughter laughed at the portion size. Total rip off at £2.70 a slice.
Breakfast in the morning was much better. Staff were slightly more happy than the previous day. Breakfast consisted of all the usual items, which were all cooked nicely.
To be honesty wouldn't stay here again. Possibly if there was a major re vamp, but that doesn't change the staff, does it? They all need a good shake to wake them up a bit, he grateful you have a job!!

Room Tip: Book here if you like an extra soft bed which will probably give you a bad back!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 185Emma185
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having read the reviews before booking I was a little unsure what to expect, some people seemed very happy with the hotel whilst others were really disappointed. As we were attending a function at the hotel we decided to give it a go, I am so glad we did. We had a lovely room overlooking the gardens and lake, yes the hotel is a little tired and could probably do with a bit of updating but as it is under new management I'm sure they will get round to it. Our room was a very good size and light and airy, it was very clean and certainly much better than we had expected. Breakfast was served in a very nice room that overlooked the gardens and the selection was very good. We did not use the spa as we didn't have time which was a pity as it looked lovely. I do not understand some of the negative reviews about this hotel and can only assume some people are very picky or go looking for faults. I would also add that I felt we received good value for money. All in all very glad we booked, don't be put off by the negative reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We had a girlie 2 night stay at botleigh grange hotel.
The staff were first class and couldn't do enough for you also very friendly. The food was lovely and very fresh.
We used the spa and had treatments this was also lovely and relaxing with friendly staff.
Overall a brilliant stay and would love to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013