My partner booked this hotel as a birthday treat as we were going to the Goodwood festival we were booked in for 2 nights b&b. from the pictures and reviews left we were looking forward to the spa hotel. Well from the drive down towards the hotel it wasn't what we were expecting at all. A run down hotel inside and out. There was a piece of paper that we noticed after we checked in and went to get our bags telling visitors that the spa was closed for maintenance, would of been nice to of been told upon check in.
Our room number was horrendous as we arrived on one of the hottest days this year the windows had to be wedged open with mugs to keep them up to get little air that we could. The walls had water damage but thankfully the wallpaper was hiding the massive water damage the curtains were heavily stained, the room was very dusty, we were not impressed at all apart from the other water stain on the ceiling of the bathroom the last straw was the black gunge at the bottom of the bath which we later found that it was water and black gunge bubbling up with an added ammonia smell which was lovely!! We called down to reception to ask for the general Manager and 2 young men arrived at the door(NOT the manager we asked for) after explaining everything we were told that we had basically put the black gunge in the bottom of the bath and what did we expect it is an old graded building. The also said they would see what they would do. Expecting to have a reply from the actual manager as we had decided not to stay the next night with being so disappointed. We didn't dare try the food so cant pass comment. Staff unfriendly apart from 1 gentleman on reception but still didn't couldn't tell us anywhere to eat in the area, helpful. Our room was above what must of been the bar area so had all the noise and smoke coming up from underneath until 2am when the staff started slamming doors and vacuuming. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. We did have 20% taken from our bill when we checked out in the morning. Because we were so annoyed and when we got back home and still had no apologies from a manager I wrote a letter explaining our issues. I did get a reply back at last still using the excuse that it is an old building and just gone back to being privately owned, but come on guys there is no excuse at all. After asking we did get a full refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton
- Botleigh Grange Hotel Hedge End, Hampshire