What I liked. 1. The location is good, just a short hop from the motorway. 2. Really quiet room, I had a good nights sleep. 3. Two lovely comfy armchairs to sink into and watch TV.
What I didn't like. 1. The sign on the front of the building says 'Hampshire Millennium Suite'. I had to run in and see if I was at the hotel, then run back out in the rain to get my bags. 2. Signs to find my room were confusing. They read 5-25 > 10-20< . I was in room 19, so after scratching my head I figured I'd go right (5-25) but eventually ended up at a dead end by what appeared to be a laundry room. Lugging my luggage I later found my room.
3. The bathroom. Peeling paint around the bath and nasty cheap old taps, that had seen better days. It was clean, but unappealing.
4. No wifi. I rang reception and was told it would be on in an hour. That never materialised. No wifi for whole trip. Really really bad I was annoyed as work stopped.
5. Pretty disgusting stains on headboard of bed.
Staff were efficient, but hotel is shabby, in need of serious updates.
I would not stay here again nor recommend it at this stage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton
- Botleigh Grange Hotel Hedge End, Hampshire