I stayed here with my wife for a short trip to Southampton. It made a nice change from the city centre hotels, which mostly lack any character. The Botleigh Grange is set in spacious grounds and the approach is pleasant - the building looks quite impressive. Once you cross the threshold the building begins to show its age both in good and not so good ways. The hotel was obviously quite grand in its day but the decor is showing wear and tear. It would be horrendously expensive to refurbish the whole hotel but it really is in need of a major refresh. We arrived late and checked in at the reception that resembled a station's lost luggage window. The staff were friendly and helpful. We decided to eat in the bar rather than the main restaurant. Food was OK but just OK. The soup had lumps of flour in it and the mixed grill was pretty unexciting. I thought that the bar menu was a bit pricey for the standard of food. The hotel has a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere which, for me, more than compensated for the slightly tatty decor. Breakfast was freshly made but presentation was really pretty poor. Not a great hotel but a change from the more polished but sterile city centre alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton
- Botleigh Grange Hotel Hedge End, Hampshire