I recently stayed here a few nights ago for a birthday spa break.
The spa and grounds are lovely and probably the only parts of the hotel that are everything else is dated and unsafe I do understand the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment but if the rooms aren't safe to stay in they shouldn't be letting people stay in them.
Whilst we got ready for dinner my sister was sat on the chair doing her make up and She isn't a big girl, I phoned reception and they said someone would be up in the next 30 minutes but no one arrived.
We went to dinner and I ordered the soup and chicken. They had ran out of soup but offered me a alternative that I can say I was happy with when my main arrived I thought it looked amazing as I went to cut the chicken I was starting to realise it had probably been sat in the kitchen all day it was very dry and tough Other members of my party also tried the chicken and agreed it was terrible I asked to speak to the manager who turned out to be in compete denial and told me it was fine and they had been serving the chicken that way for 6 months and wasn't interested in the fact I was trying to get across that it may be good all the time but this time it isn't. Whilst he was at our table he was having a nice little rest leaning on the back of my chair. Not the sort of service you would expect from a manager who claims to have 35 years experience in a 4* hotel We left the table without eating the mains and spoke to the manager by reception he was arrogant and unprofessional I asked him why no one had been up to replace the chair or even check that my sister was ok, he replied he needed to see it for himself I invited him to the room and told him he could see it for himself but he refused. I'm not Einstein but if he doesn't see it himself he doesn't believe it yet he refuses to come and check.
He sent up a young gentleman who took the chair and replaced it due to the standard of the hotel and the disgusting service from the manager we asked if we could have a partial refund as we didn't want to stay but he refused.
The staff are amazing attentive and polite except for the manager
The manager has a inability to deal with complaints and is very unprofessional.
Also I have added photos so people can see what the hotel actually looks like and how dangerous and dirty it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton
- Botleigh Grange Hotel Hedge End, Hampshire