“Wedding Reception”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hedge End
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had our wedding reception at the Botleigh Grange at the beginning of May. The new management and the wedding co-ordinator Clare have been very helpful from start to finish in helping us with all our wedding preparation, advising us on different options and accommodating all our wishes. They have been easy to get hold of and quick to respond. We were very lucky and had Terry as our master of ceremonies, who was professional throughout the day and ensured the day flowed seamlessly. He was brilliant in sorting out all guests wishes and was proactive in taking us through different sections of the day. All staff have been very professional, they are always happy and approachable and very friendly. The food was immaculate, very tasty and beautifully presented, and again the chef was able to adapt menus to cater for ours and our guests requests.

The hotel has beautiful grounds and we were fortunate enough that it was a beautiful sunny day, meaning we could make the most of the gardens and have all our photos taken outside. Lots of our guests commented on how great the grounds were. The hotel itself if also stunning and the new managements renovations have and are making great improvements. We were lucky to have the new cocktail bar in the evening which went down fantastically - especially with our female guests. The dining room is light and airy, very attractive with its mirrored walls and made a lovely backdrop for our wedding breakfast.

The room we stayed in was clean, comfortable and decorated in line with the manor house hotel. There were nice touches with champagne and chocolates left in the room and coffee making facilities (although we were too tired to fully appreciate this!). There was a fantastic selection of breakfast items, all freshly prepared, and again nothing was too much trouble as they even prepared extra scrambled egg for my mother!

All in all, we have been thoroughly impressed with with all of the staff, the quality of the service and the beautiful hotel including the grounds. We couldn't fault any of it, in any way and would definitely recommend them in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely hotel with spacious rooms.
Excellent service from all of the staff encountered.
Great breakfast and great facilities.
Good location for Southampton based activities, be them work, footy, cricket or plain old shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having stayed here once before for it's proximity to the Ageas Bowl for cricket, I returned with my wife so we could go to a concert at the cricket ground. It is a very good hotel with real character and has been through quite an extensive refurbishment since my last stay. The room was spacious and quiet with a comfortable bed, the only issue being a faulty light in the bathroom, which was reported but not fixed, as promised. Breakfast was excellent, with a good choice of hot, cooked items, plus juices, cereals, fruit, etc. There is also a good spa with pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
if you don't mind a bit of a walk (about 35 minutes) this is a good place to stay for events at the Ageas Bowl, as driving or taxi to the venue means joining a long queue and parking costs £15!

Room Tip: A room above the entrance is noisy if there is a late night function on.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at the Botleigh Grange Hotel for 2 nights, whilst I was attending a training course nearby. On arrival, I had to negotiate the scaffolding in the main entrance, as the hotel is undergoing an extensive refurb, but I was made to feel very welcome by the Reception staff. They were most apologetic for the upheaval caused by the building work, but really, once I was in my room, it was totally possible to forget it was going on. My room was huge, very well furnished and scrupulously clean. I was extremely comfortable and spent a couple of very peaceful nights there. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and I had a nice stroll around every evening, stopping to make a fuss of the most adorable grey horse, who appears to live in the paddock next to the drive with his companion - an ox!! Really, what more could I ask for... peace, tranquility and a friendly horse to spend time with. The food was lovely too. I enjoyed supper there on one of the evenings. I would recommend the Botleigh Grange. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I felt cared about. The nice girl on Reception asked me if I had enjoyed my training course. Thank you to you all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bournemouth, Dorset
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and I must say I found it extremely disappointing!
The pics of the rooms online are nothing like they actually are. With thread bare carpets, mould, dated decor and rotten furniture. Whilst I understand that they are going through a refurb I don't think it is fair to travellers to advertise the refurbed rooms when most are no way near up to the same standard.
The spa was nice but very very small. I almost felt like a sardine at one point as there were so many people in the changing rooms and in the actual spa area itself. I felt that they had tried to cram in as many people as possible. The Spa treatments where lovely although u did find it a little off putting when I was offered hot stones mid massage for an extra charge of £5 I said yes as I was taken off guard but had I been offered this previous to entering the treatment I would've declined. I don't know if this is a selling tactic??
The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the surroundings were lovely but I did not find the food that great. The chicken was very dry and the pork was chewy. I did wonder if maybe the meat was frozen?
The gardens of the hotel are gorgeous and they really do make the hotel seem better than it actually is.
I will say that I found the management very rude and condescending with no intension of rectifying the issues that I had with my stay. I left the hotel £100 lighter feeling completely and utterly scammed and misled.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I would never return!!!

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank SouthernK

Travellers are raving about these Hedge End hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here a few nights ago for a birthday spa break.
The spa and grounds are lovely and probably the only parts of the hotel that are everything else is dated and unsafe I do understand the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment but if the rooms aren't safe to stay in they shouldn't be letting people stay in them.
Whilst we got ready for dinner my sister was sat on the chair doing her make up and She isn't a big girl, I phoned reception and they said someone would be up in the next 30 minutes but no one arrived.
We went to dinner and I ordered the soup and chicken. They had ran out of soup but offered me a alternative that I can say I was happy with when my main arrived I thought it looked amazing as I went to cut the chicken I was starting to realise it had probably been sat in the kitchen all day it was very dry and tough Other members of my party also tried the chicken and agreed it was terrible I asked to speak to the manager who turned out to be in compete denial and told me it was fine and they had been serving the chicken that way for 6 months and wasn't interested in the fact I was trying to get across that it may be good all the time but this time it isn't. Whilst he was at our table he was having a nice little rest leaning on the back of my chair. Not the sort of service you would expect from a manager who claims to have 35 years experience in a 4* hotel We left the table without eating the mains and spoke to the manager by reception he was arrogant and unprofessional I asked him why no one had been up to replace the chair or even check that my sister was ok, he replied he needed to see it for himself I invited him to the room and told him he could see it for himself but he refused. I'm not Einstein but if he doesn't see it himself he doesn't believe it yet he refuses to come and check.
He sent up a young gentleman who took the chair and replaced it due to the standard of the hotel and the disgusting service from the manager we asked if we could have a partial refund as we didn't want to stay but he refused.
The staff are amazing attentive and polite except for the manager
The manager has a inability to deal with complaints and is very unprofessional.
Also I have added photos so people can see what the hotel actually looks like and how dangerous and dirty it is.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Rosinahughes
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

A great day was had by all. The Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room and Sauna were all very pleasant and we had most of this area to ourselves for most of the time we were there. The changing room was quite small and there were only 2 shower cubicles, but between the 4 of us we managed. If it had been busier, it may have been a little awkward. We all had a treatment and this was very good and the rooms were fitted out very nice. To finish the day we had a Cream Team in the Hotel and it was served very well and the food was lovely and plentiful. A glass of Champagne was also included along with two pots of tea.
Would I go again? Yes, but would make sure it was mid-week as weekends I am sure will be busy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,652 reviews

Been to Botleigh Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!