“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montana Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hedge End
Montana Guest House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hedge End B&B and Inns
Lydbrook, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I wholeheartedly recommend the Montana Guest House for business and pleasure.

I've recently finished an extended stay of 15 months while I was working for a company in the Botleigh Grange Business park, a short ten minute walk away.

During my time there, I have experienced all of the rooms on offer and although I preferred particular ones, every room was maintained to a high standard.

If you prefer to pay extra for the sterile environment and enjoy the impersonal service that I have experienced at some of the more well known hotels, then Montana Guest House may not be for you. However, if you want to stay in comfortable accommodation with a friendly, personal service then the Montana Guest House offers very good value for money.

Jim and Wendy were always welcoming and friendly, making every effort to make my stay with them as comfortable, and stress-free, as possible. As has been said before, this is very important for those of us that work away from home and family. They will be my first call when I visit Hedge End/Botley again.

PS. I've just read the poor review by Goodwido. In defence, I would say that every hotel/guest house experiences problems and Montana is no different. Any problems I experienced were dealt with quickly and efficiently. As far as the availability of cereal is concerned, I'd say that these people didn't look hard enough, or simply didn't ask! Cereal was always on offer during my stay, including this week. If people want modern accommodation then they should dip deeper into their pockets and go to the readily available, more expensive and less personal, hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I booked a weekend stay at Montana whilst I was visiting my family in a nearby village.

Wendy and Jim were wonderful hosts. I arrived quite late on the train and they offered to collect me from the train station which I thought was very kind.

When I arrived I found my room to be clean and comfortable. The bed was particularly comfortable. I had two very peaceful nights sleep here.

The breakfast was very good; Wendy and Jim were attentative and the food was great.

I would definately recommend Montana and I have already booked to stay here for my next visit. My advide to anyone reading this would be to book early as I can imagine they get booked up quickly!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lucy R
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

When I read the previous reviews it's like they were describing a completely different guest house to the one we stayed at! The negative: Our room was damp, freezing cold and there was an odd smell. This place probably looked decent back in the 1980's when I imagine it was last decorated. Now it just looks shabby, tired and in desperate need of a refurb. The breakfast was bad and there was no option to have cereal. The positive: the owners were friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Goodwido
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We received a very friendly welcome, Jim was very knowledgeable on the locality with regards to food and drink. After a full English breakfast Jim and Wendy provided us with transport to the cruise terminal at Southampton. They allowed us to park our car for a week and picked us up after our holiday had ended.They went out of their way to be helpful and their service was faultless. What lovely people!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bigbadbri63
middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

brilliant hotel to stay in, spent a lot of time there, always made u feel welcome, very helpful and superb breakfasts, clean and tidy, wendy and jim made it a very homely atmosphere, very much a home from home, highly recommended if staying in the southampton area, big thumbs up!!

Room Tip: any room is perfect in this hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ANTHONY C
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Well, I actually lived here practically for four months - being a contractor I have to stay away from home during the week. Wendy and Jim were both wonderful, they keep a lovely house, the service is excellent and they are always welcoming.

I stayed in a number of different rooms in the house - all were great.

All the rooms are clean, beds well made - flat screen television, coffee, tea etc. There is a good communal dinning area and above all a good atmosphere to the place.

When you're away from home it's great when you find somewhere that gives you a smile at the end of a hard day...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dominic_Lambert
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a girly shopping weekend. Wendy and Jim are very friendly, it is truly an "home from home" :-)

Just a 10 minute walk away is The Barleycorn, a very welcoming pub with excellent food at very good value. There were also take-aways and shops within walking distance.

The room was warm and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfasts were brilliant and there was plenty of parking.

I would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to Montana Guest House? Share your experiences!