“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Ross
Dundalk, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Overall total stay was relaxing and very comfortable! Best thing about this hotel is the staff they really go out of there way to help with any needs you may have. During our stay we had the pleasure of spending the day at the spa and what a pleasure it was! Staff were excellent especially (Kelly) I think her name was....the level of professionalism was amazing and every single girl went out of there way to accommodate us!!! Only one thing I would change to hotel and that would be the reception area of hotel needs a revamp! Some new seating,curtains and carpet would change first impressions!
Next time I will take my whole family back :)

• Stayed April 2014
bettiemarie, Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Caroline M,

Can I just say how grateful we are for your kind comments and fantastic review after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I was also thrilled to see that the staff lived up to their great reputation and you found them all excellent. The staff at the Brandon House Hotel really are what make us so special and I am genuinely proud of them all especially Kelly and all the ladies in the spa.

It is great to know you will be back with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Bettie Marie Burger Smit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Pros:
Leisure Centre & Gym was great. The kind Serviceman who came to our room at 7am to try to fix the heating (it was broken and on full blast all night hence our very early & somewhat sweaty rise!) Staff in the bar were very friendly.

Cons:
The rude & unapologetic lady at the front desk who sniggered when we explained on check out that our heating hadn't worked properly. She assumed that we were unable to work the heating and said "Oh yes it can be difficult to turn off". We then explained that this was not the case and that the battery was gone as per the diagnostic from the kind serviceman. We were shocked that she did not offer an apology and just sniggered awkwardly at our explanation. This is why I have rated the hotel and service as Average but this is no reflection on the rest of the staff who were in fact very helpful. They're very strict on breakfast time - despite the clocks going forward the door to the breakfast room was shut at exactly 10.30am.

Room Tip: We got a great last minute discount on a superior room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed in Brandon House Hotel with my daughter and family for the weekend. The hotel was lovely, reception staff where friendly enough. Our room was nice, spacious, clean and quiet. We where given rooms beside each other which was great. Breakfast was lovely. Staff in the breakfast room where lovely, great selection of food. The pool was great, my daughter loved it. Reception staff in the leisure centre where very nice.
The bar was lovely, comfortable and staff where very nice, especially an older gentleman who was there all weekend. Bar food is really nice, everything we got was really good.
We visited the Spa which was a bit of a disappointment. The thermal suite looked great online but in reality was nothing but a Jacuzzi and an outdoor pool which was ice cold. Not very impressive at all. So I would defiantly give it a miss if you are staying.
The only major downfall with our stay was the Saturday in the hotel. There was a local communion on and the hotel was over run with communion families. The children where running amuck all over the hotel. The place got so packed we had to leave the hotel to eat as there was nowhere for us to sit. when we returned there was absolutely no car parking spaces left. The children continued to use the bar area as a playground late into the night. They where running, knocking into people and banging into tables and chairs. Bare in mind I had a 6 year old with me so children would not bother me that much but the carry on was ridiculous. The bar man did on a few occasions ask them to stop and also guests including myself had to shout at them on numerous occasions. Their own parents didn't seem to care that their children where running wild. It got so irritating we left. So I would recommend researching if there are any local events happening before you stay as the carry on all day on Saturday really ruined our time in the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet far from the reception which turned out great as it was really quiet! We had no o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Saraizi,

Firstly can we thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate all feedback as this lets us know how well we are doing and what areas we can improve on. It certainly was disappointing to read that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations in some aspects of your visit.

I do take on board your comments unfortunately sometimes these issues are not something we can control, we are a very busy family orientated hotel and also very popular locally for food and carvery which is something we are very proud of. However we do en-devour to ensure that there are activities available for kids with the kids club and games room etc and we also have additional car parking at the rear of the hotel. It is most unfortunate you were staying in the hotel on a very busy weekend.

On a brighter note I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be "nice and lovely" and we offered a "great selection for breakfast".

I hope that you do decide to return to the Brandon House Hotel so that you get to experience what er are well known for our "Soulful Hospitality".

Kindest Regards
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I came here for 1 night, thanks to a particular person we got a really good deal. We checked in just after 2pm, the reception staff were very friendly. We stayed in room 221 which is on the second floor, a regular size hotel room with nice decor, comfortable beds, I was disappointed there was no wi-fi in the room (I understand there is wi-fi in some of the rooms but i would have expected it throughout in a 4 star hotel). The hotel is on large grounds and includes the Solas Croi Spa and a 'senses' walk. We were booked into the Thermal suite which included sauna, sanarium, eucalyptus steam room, Jacuzzi, outdoor plunge pool and relaxation room. It was very enjoyable, the staff were very informative and friendly. For dinner we booked into the Gallery restaurant, a nice cosy feel about it, the staff were very busy (short wait before we got a menu but i won't hold it against them) I could recommend the chicken roulade, i'm definitely going to try this at home, it was very nice! The chips i'd probably give a miss, they were like concrete, but the rest of the meal was very tasty. Thanks to the very comfortable beds we got a great night sleep. The breakfast had a huge selection, the fry was really nice..Overall it was very enjoyable. Thanks guys

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Chriswild31,

Firstly can I say how humble we are for your kind words and review after your recent stay with us, to get a great review from such an iterate reviewer on trip adviser really means a lot to us.

I was thrilled to read you had such an enjoyable time in the Solas Croi Spa and in the Restaurant, however, I was a little disheartened to read about your chips but thank you for bringing this to our attention. All in all what pleases me most is seeing that you got to experience every aspect of the Brandon House Hotel all the way out to the five senses walk and appreciate it.

We certainly do look forward to welcoming your husband and yourself back here with us in the future and to hear if you tried the delicious Chicken Roulade at home!

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My brother and his wife booked the Brandon for their wedding in July 2012, and again for a christening this year. On both occasions we've had a brilliant stay and felt really looked after. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean, and quiet. The bar food is great as is the breakfast. Really like the leisure centre with it's hydrotherapy suite at the pool side. Also had a chance to sample the spa- didn't try any treatments but did the spa day (35 euro) and particularly liked the outdoor pool. New Ross is very close and the staff were full of recommendations for places to go and things to do. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marie,

Thank you so much for your review and such kind words. We were delighted to have your family back at the Brandon House Hotel on another joyous occasion.

I was thrilled to read that you had a great stay and felt the staff really looked after you, it lets me know they are keeping up their great work.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Kindest Regards
Dublin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had our 2nd stay @ Brandon House last week and have to say this is a fantastic spot for a relaxing break. Staff are friendly and clearly well trained. Olga checked us in and went out of her way to ensure we had a room we liked as we mentioned we had moved rooms on our last visit. The Solas Croi Spa is an experience not to be missed,a total oasis, one of the best Spas in Ireland. Germaine did my treatment and I left feeling revitalised. A bit disappointed that we couldn't get lunch at Spa after 2pm as we had last time as would have clashed with out treatments. If you're not using the spa,the hotel pool & thermal suite are great too. All if the staff seem to enjoy working there and the entire stay was a pleasure, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. They also have an adult only floor!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bedbug21,

Firstly I would like to say how grateful we are that you took the time to review your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you had "a great break and will be returning",.

Nothing pleases us more than reading reviews from people who have been with us on a few occasions and I am delighted to see that on this occasion we living up to your expectations. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto Olga and Germaine.

I am glad you got to experience what we call our "Soulful Hospitality" and we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Wicklow
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few days as a short getaway and we had a great time. The service was great and there is alot of work gone into the new rooms which were lovely. The spa is amazing and all the staff were friendly and very professional. Kelly in the spa did my treatment which was excellent and she also gave me good advice on issues I had raised! We will definitely be returning here on another short break.

• Stayed March 2014
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear PaUlSkIe,

Can I say how grateful we are that you took the time to write such a great review after your recent getaway.

I was thrilled to read that you found the service and the hotel be great, and you had an amazing time in the Spa. I agree Kelly is a great therapist and I am delighted that she was able to offer you some advice.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ross
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Brandon House Hotel? Share your experiences!