“Average to good but needs a good cleaning ”

Brandon House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Ross
Dublin, Ireland
“Average to good but needs a good cleaning ”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with this hotel but it could be better with a little bit more attention to detail.

A good spot for a family but not for a romantic getaway

Highlights

Staff (but clearly tired and overworked )

Bar . Very comfortable and not a bad pint. Music was good aswell

Swimming Pool and Water Groto

Massage. Girl knew what she was doing

Lowlights

Cleanliness Dirty windows , old towels

Spa. Not what it looks like on the website. Needs money to spend on it and again a good cleaning

Restaurant . Far and I mean far to hot. It was so warm that we nearly fell asleep.

Overall it is not a bad hotel and I would come back with a family as there is plenty to keep kids entertained and the staff do make a real effort

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank samo077
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear samo077,

Firstly can I thank you for taking to time to give us some feedback after your recent stay with us, it is great to know where are doing well and especially what areas we can improve on.

Here at the Brandon House Hotel we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction which you will see from other reviews that we do get right 99% of the time. I am so repentant that on this occasion we have failed to live up to your expectations. I do fully take on-board your comments and feedback, it is most unfortunate that you didn't bring this to my attention during your stay, as I would have loved to have been able to sit down and speak with you.

I do hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you what we really are capable of and why we have such a high number of repeat guests.

Please do let me know if you decide to return to the Brandon House Hotel as I would love to get to meet speak with you in person and thank you again for your review.

Bettie Marie Burger Smit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We recently stayed here for the weekend ..2 adults 2 children , from the moment we arrived we greeted by a friendly welcome ..The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly. The accomodation was very comfortable and spotless clean ..On the Friday we ate in the Bar which was very tasty and good value . The pool was great and the Spa is excellent value for money ..Dinner in the dinning room on Sat was excellent great choice and presentation , Breakfast is by far one of the best buffets I have seen at all times well stocked and presented ..I would highly recommend a stay here or even a meal here ..Its a great base for exploring the beautiful Wexford coast and all the rest that the southeast has to offer I would definitely return ..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Soconn41
Dear Soconn41,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us. I was honestly pleased to read your heading “Excellent Food and Great location”.

Our team of chefs are always working hard to bring us a contemporary menu and most importantly to ensure that guests leave satisfied, and I can assure you they were over the moon to read your commentary. Likewise I was just as happy that the front of house staff kept up their great customer service and you also got to experience what we call our "Soulful Hospitality".

We do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Bangor, N Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were staying in Borris, Co. Carlow, for a couple of days and travelled to The Brandon House Hotel on the recommendation of the owners of the B&B we were staying at. New Ross is about 40 mins away, but the meal was worth the trip. On arrival the friendly lady on reception directed us to the Gallery Restaurant were we were equally warmly greeted and shown to our seat. We were immediately offered water and given menus to look over. Unfortunately then we seem to have been forgotten about as it was about 15 mins before anyone came near us again. This appears to have been a minor oversight, and shortly afterwards a waitress did appear and we were offered drinks and had food orders were taken. From that point on everything was great. The menu has a good selection of dishes and the food was well presented, warm and very tasty. Apart from the little hiccup at the start service was fine. At all times the staff were most friendly and welcoming. The Brandon House is not somehere I would normally be in the vicinity of, however if I was in the Carlow/Wexford area I would certainly call in for a meal. The hotel itself also looks good and is in a nice location so I would most likely consider it for a stay too if I was in the area

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cranley,

What can I say!! We were humbled to read your kind comments and review after you were recommended to us and going out of your way to come here for a meal.

I cannot tell you what it means to us to know that we are getting such great recommendations, and to read your review being such a season reviewer. It really does mean a lot and I can tell you the whole team were delighted to read your review.

Thank you again for taking the time to come and dine with us. We will be thrilled to welcome you back with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Martin O'Regan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed in the Brandon house hotel for the weekend with some friends and we couldn't speak highly enough about our experience. The food was excellent, served and cooked to perfection with mouth watering flavours, we liked it so much we ate there both nights. The staff were incredible friendly and went out of their way to be welcoming. I asked for hot milk with my coffee at breakfast on the first morning and on the second morning the waitress brought it to the table before I even asked for it.. a lovely touch...A little gem of a hotel and great value too.. we will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank barnacullia
Dear barnacullia,

Thank you sincerely for your fantastic review after your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you had such a great experience and enjoyed the food so much. Our Chef and his team take great pride in providing a great menu and tasty food, I will be sure to pass your comments on.

I was delighted to see that the waiting staff were so attentive during your stay as they always are.

Thank you again for you for taking the time to review your stay, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently spent five nights at the Brandon House. We stayed in a budget double and were more than happy with the room: comfortable bed, sofa to relax on, decent shower. The view was of an inner courtyard but I guess that's where the 'budget' bit kicks in. We had a room-only deal so can't comment on the breakfast, but we ate in the bar a few times and the food was good. The leisure centre is also good: decent pool and adequate changing facilities. For me, the spa was the highlight: wonderful service and treatments and good relaxation spaces -- I'll review it separately. The walk in the grounds was also good for taking a moment to appreciate what's around you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Love2roaml
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Love2roaml,

Firstly can I thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. I was truly delighted to read you comments and feedback.

It was great to see that you got to experience all we have to offer at the Brandon House from the Leisure Centre to the Solas Croi Spa and the walks and grounds around the Hotel.

We certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My bf and I recently got a deal on dealrush for two nights in the hotel with breakfast. It was a great few days. The staff are all so friendly and nice, they did everything to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were lovely, very clean & very peaceful.
We made great use of the Leisure centre which was really relaxing. The receptionists couldn't be any nicer and gave us a list of things to do in the area and always smiled and greeted us as we walked past. The food was delicious, it was well worth the money and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet weekend away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aoife024,

We are much obliged for your review after your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read your kind comments about the hotel, leisure centre and especially the staff.

It is encouraging to know that the receptionists "couldn't have been nicer" and "the food was delicious".

Thank you again for your kind review, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Overall total stay was relaxing and very comfortable! Best thing about this hotel is the staff they really go out of there way to help with any needs you may have. During our stay we had the pleasure of spending the day at the spa and what a pleasure it was! Staff were excellent especially (Kelly) I think her name was....the level of professionalism was amazing and every single girl went out of there way to accommodate us!!! Only one thing I would change to hotel and that would be the reception area of hotel needs a revamp! Some new seating,curtains and carpet would change first impressions!
Next time I will take my whole family back :)

• Stayed April 2014
bettiemarie, Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Caroline M,

Can I just say how grateful we are for your kind comments and fantastic review after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I was also thrilled to see that the staff lived up to their great reputation and you found them all excellent. The staff at the Brandon House Hotel really are what make us so special and I am genuinely proud of them all especially Kelly and all the ladies in the spa.

It is great to know you will be back with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Kindest Regards,
Waterford Marina Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel
#3 of 12 in Waterford
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Brandon House Hotel? Share your experiences!