“A gem!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Ross
Cyprus
“A gem!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Set in lovely grounds, this hotel is a little gem. From the moment you walk in there is a charm and ambiance that invites you in. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Martin at the desk promptly sorted out a minor issue with our room - followed up by a drink on the house from Billy to apologise for the mix-up. A very nice gesture.
We were staying for two nights with our 7 year old. The first night we ate in the bar - really lovely food (fish and chips for other half; Cajun chicken in pitta for me and chicken goujons for our son) - lovely presentation and very tasty.
Breakfast is buffet with a very good range of hot (full Irish breakfast) and cold / continental food.
The room was a family room - plenty of room, comfortable very large bed.
The second night we ate in the restaurant - although as the food was so good in the bar, we contemplated eating in the bar again. However, we were delighted we chose the restaurant. The food is excellent. Beautiful presentation, very well cooked (I had lamb; other half had beef medallions), we cleaned the plates!! Well priced at €32.50 for three courses of very good food. Wine was a decent Shiraz at €26.
The Solas Croi Spa attached to the hotel is a real treat and recommended - but book in advance as they are quite busy. The treatment rooms are a very good size and the Spa is high end, with a thermal suite.
Location of the hotel is good, just outside New Ross and within an easy drive to coastal towns such as Tramore and Dungarvan and to the fabulous Wexford beaches - Curracloe was the one we visited.
So all in all a lovely hotel, well run, nice staff, lovely atmosphere, super food. Sure what more would you want!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
bettiemarie, Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear RachWatch,

Firstly can I say how grateful we are for such a fantastic review by a such seasoned reviewer on Tripadvisor like yourself. I was truly humbled to read your comments about your entire experience at the Brandon House Hotel.

I also what to personally apologise for the confusion with your booking, but I am thrilled that Billy and Martin rectified this and they did look after you, I was aware of the mix up, unfortunately I wasn't in the hotel during your stay to speak with you in person.

I was delighted to read that you got to experience what we call our "Soulful Hospitality" from the Spa to the food in the Restaurant and the Bar, we work very hard to get ensure all guests are left feeling satisfied and it is fantastic to see that the staff are keeping up their great work. I will be sure to pass your comments on to staff and also the kitchen regarding their food.

Again thank you sincerely for such a great review. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Bettie Marie Burger-Smit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Mountmellick, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Perfect place to stay,and the Staff could't have done any more for us.The hotel was ideally located for our golf weekend and the ladies were looked after 100% when everyone else had gone to play golf.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Dempsey1234,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us after your stay with ourselves in October.

I was delighted to read that your group were all happy from the service to the staff, the location of the hotel and those who weren't golfing getting pampered in the Solas Croi Spa. To know that you think the Brandon House Hotel as the perfect place to stay really does mean a lot to us all here, and we certainly do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with is in the future.

Again thank you for your kind review.

Dublin
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We wanted a night away not to far to drive. Dinner was very nice and the room was very clean and pleasant. We didn't have a chance to avail of the spa this time. But we swam in the pool last time, which was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear EmmaGDublin,

Thank you kindly for your great review after your stay with us again recently. I was delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us, and the food was good.

It is very encouraging to know that repeat guests like yourself enjoy themselves whenever they stay with us. Hopefully next time you will get to experience the Solas Croi Spa.

We really appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My girlfriend's cousin had a recent wedding reception at the hotel hence our visit. We arrived the day before and we had a special bed and breakfast dinner first night rate that was very good value.

Our room was on the first floor away from the main reception area and potential noise from any wedding receptions. The rooms looked like they had been recently renovated (if not they are well kept) and were very tastefully decorated.

We thought we would try out the leisure facilities by using the pool area. Although swimming lessons were taking place there was still plenty of room left for guests in the pool area. The hot tub and saunas were very nice but the water grotto area could do with an empty and a scrub. Also some of the general paintwork in the pool area could do with a touch up here and there. Still the facilities were very good and they also have a well fitted out gym.

We ate in the main restaurant for the first night and the food was first class. Very tasty, piping hot and a good choice on the menu. My steak was cooked to perfection so very happy. The lady who served us was very pleasant and attentive so we left a nice tip for her. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice too.

The wedding reception in the evening was excellent and the food and service again was outstanding.

Overall a very pleasant stay and would definitely stop again when in the area. One mark knocked off for the pool area when sorted out then five star from us :-)

Room Tip: A room away from the main function rooms where weddings could take place :-)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripAndrew
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear TripAndrew,

Firstly can I thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us while attending a wedding. We were delighted to read that you had such a great time with us here at the Brandon House Hotel.

We strive to ensure every guest attending a wedding at our hotel gets to experience what we call our "Soulful Hospitality", and I was thrilled to read you thought "The wedding reception in the evening was excellent and the food and service again was outstanding".

I have passed your comment regarding the Hydrotherapy Grotto in the Leisure Centre and will personally follow up on that.

It really means a lot to us when guests of a Bridal Party contact us to tell us how much they enjoyed themselves at the wedding, again I want to thank you for taking to time to review your stay.

We do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Kindest Regards
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had our baby's christening lunch at the Brandon hotel. We used one of their small function rooms. The food was excellent and the staff were so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. It is all the small touches that make a difference. Would definitely recommend and we will be back again. THANK YOU for making the occasion memorable.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 260414
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear 260414,

Thank you so much for your great review and such kind words. I was truly delighted to read your comments about the excellent food, but most importantly that the staff being so helpful. It is great to see they are keeping up their great work.

We were all thrilled to be able to help make your occasion memorable and to know you will be back with us, we certainly look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you.

carlow
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just back from our stay, had a lovely time, my five year old loved this hotel and the kids club. The leisure centre is fine but the changing rooms could do with being updated plus its freezing! The restaurant is first class, the food was tasty, but our coffee with freezing! Also another vegetarian option might be considered. HOWEVER I can't say the BAR FOOD is good value, my husband ordered Scampi, we had to pay for the chips separately, we knew this at the time but I think €18.25 for scampi and chips is a bit over priced, you get a fab 4 course meal in the restaurant for €26, have passed on these concerns to reception on departure, also i got an open brown sandwich, asked for vegetarian but not much came out on the plate, the server did ask me dd I eat egg and cheese, but none were to be seen! Other than the bar food would highly recommend the hotel! My little one can't wait to return! A special shout out to Christina in the kids Club! Just a p[ity about he bar food, I do realise its a new menu! But €14.50 plus €3.75 a bit much for some battered fish and chips! One other thing 50c charge for cordial for children!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, it was very handy for the pool and kids club for us, so we could keep an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear sandrafin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us after your recent stay with us.

It was great to get to speak with you in person about the things you highlighted and let you know what changes we have made on foot of your review.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Brandon House Hotel.

Kindest Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with this hotel but it could be better with a little bit more attention to detail.

A good spot for a family but not for a romantic getaway

Highlights

Staff (but clearly tired and overworked )

Bar . Very comfortable and not a bad pint. Music was good aswell

Swimming Pool and Water Groto

Massage. Girl knew what she was doing

Lowlights

Cleanliness Dirty windows , old towels

Spa. Not what it looks like on the website. Needs money to spend on it and again a good cleaning

Restaurant . Far and I mean far to hot. It was so warm that we nearly fell asleep.

Overall it is not a bad hotel and I would come back with a family as there is plenty to keep kids entertained and the staff do make a real effort

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank samo077
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear samo077,

Firstly can I thank you for taking to time to give us some feedback after your recent stay with us, it is great to know where are doing well and especially what areas we can improve on.

Here at the Brandon House Hotel we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction which you will see from other reviews that we do get right 99% of the time. I am so repentant that on this occasion we have failed to live up to your expectations. I do fully take on-board your comments and feedback, it is most unfortunate that you didn't bring this to my attention during your stay, as I would have loved to have been able to sit down and speak with you.

I do hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you what we really are capable of and why we have such a high number of repeat guests.

Please do let me know if you decide to return to the Brandon House Hotel as I would love to get to meet speak with you in person and thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ross
Waterford Marina Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel
#3 of 12 in Waterford
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Brandon House Hotel? Share your experiences!