“Great Find”

Brandon House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Ross
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I met with a colleague at this hotel for a meeting/lunch. On the outskirts of the town centre this hotel is nestled at the top of a winding lane amidst beautiful greenery. The place was buzzing with families which can be expected at this time of year. Service was very good and the staff a delight. Food was tasty and portions generous. Great to see so many locals in the place. Always a good sign in my opinion. We took our coffees outside as it was a beautiful day and enjoyed the fantastics views. Will definitely return here with the family when they are over to stay for a few nights.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank michaelthomas2013
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear michaelthomas2013,

Thank you kindly for your kind comments and great review.

It's not often we get feedback on tripadvisor from people who stop in for lunch or coffee, I was thrilled to see that you found the service good, staff a delight, and the food tasty, it is also encouraging to know you intend to return with your family!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My sister recently had her Wedding reception at Brandon House Hotel and i can honestly say it was magical from start to finish. From the moment we arrived untill the moment we left we were made to feel at home. The staff at this hotel are amazing... from the reception to the bar staff.. and all in between.. the friendly banter puts you right at ease. Even the housekeeping staff i passed in the hallway on the way to my room had a friendly smile!! Our room was spotless.. great size with an amazingly comfy bed. I have a real soft spot for a good shower.. and the one in my room didnt disappoint either. The real reason for my writing this review was the wedding reception. When we entered the function room all i could think was WOW!! Stunning.. magical... the decor was simply breathtaking. The food.. from starter to dessert was nothing short of fabulous.. the service exceptional. I had no intentions of ever being wed before attending that reception.. but that magical feeling when i walked into that room led to my nudging the drunken other half at 4am saying.. when can we get married???!!! Haha :-) I can guarantee you.. when we do.. you wont have to ask where the reception will be!!!!. Keep up the fantastic work :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
bettiemarie, Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Tantur32,

What can I say!!! We were all humbled here at the Brandon House Hotel to read your lovely commentary. We are all so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing time at your sisters wedding.

I was delighted to see that you were blown away by every thing from the function room. the food, the service to having the banter with the staff.....So much so that your started dropping hints to your partner about getting married, this did make us giggle but all the same I'm sure we could organise a good deal if you did decide to walk up the aisle (wink wink).

We are honored to have had the pleasure in helping make a magical day even more magical.

We certainly do look forward to welcoming you back here at the hotel, and who knows we could be rolling out that red carpet for yourself soon enough lol.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My fiancè and I stayed here over the bank holiday weekens. We had a lovely stay and made use of the thermal suite and some spa treatments which were lovely. There was 2 weddings on that weekend one of which was very loud as they decided to wake us up at 6.30 by playing loud music in the car park. It stopped after 10 minutes but I would imagine half the hotel was woken from this and nobody went outside to say anything. The hotel itself was lovely the food was very nice and the rooms comfortable but maybe a bit warm. I found all the staff very nice but the staff that were there seemed a bit tired and seemed to be working all weekend from mornings to late at night as we saw the same staff at breakfast, dinner and drinks. We would stay here again as it offered great value for money and a nice place for a relaxing weekend away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sfaulkner01

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review after your recent weekend with us. I was delighted to read that over all you did have a great weekend, and enjoyed the Hotel, Spa and Food.

I can only apologise for you being woken by people outside early one morning, when we have a wedding at the we do out best to ensure any guests not attending the wedding is allocated a room away from wedding guests etc, and 99% of the time this works for us, but as I see in this case this didn't happen and for this I am so sorry.

I am so happy that this little hiccup hasn't put you off and would stay here again as it offered great value for money.

We certainly do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Myself and my husband stayed there this month. When we reached the drive way it was perfect. Staff were so helpful and kind.Nothing was too good for us. We had a wonderful room with plenty of space. Shower was to die for. We had fresh towels everyday. There was two bottle of lovely wine and still and sparking water in our rooms. Clean and fresh beds. No too far from New Ross. Food was perfect in resturant as was the same in bar food. All staff were very pleasant. The receptionst GEMMA was so helpful in getting us directions home. We were upgrade to a prremuim room with no charge. Near Waterford city also which was a bonus. Music in bar was the perfect way to end the day. Would recommend this Hotel to ANYONE...Couple...Families...Single people..

I would like to thank the staff of Brandon House Hotel for making our stay the best we have ever had and we will most certainly be back again...

Wonderful value for money also

Room Tip: "Perfect for all types of Life..Couples...Families etc" "Brilliant value for money&qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sammyxx,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review after your recent stay.
I was truly delighted to read your kind comments as were the staff.

I was thrilled to read you found the food to be perfect, the staff kind and helpful, it seems everything was amazing for you. Knowing you think we are the "perfect place to stay" is very encouraging, as these comments are what we thrive to achieve everyday.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

we stayed here on the 28th of July for 3 nights. We booked it on the internet on there home page and got the deal 3 night bed and breakfast and two dinners. Lovely area for the hotel not to far from new ross town. landed to out room on the bottom room all I can say it was clean very basic our hot water didn't work at night time for some reason. loved the black out curtains in the rooms great job. Room could do with a renovation very soon. we eat in the bar for two nights was nothing special. soup was lovely but had to get up and ask for the brown bread that was meant to come with it. curry was something id feed to my dog horrible and my partners steak was greasy and fatty not great for a 4* hotel. I would stay in this hotel again wouldn't be in a rush to get to the bar food. never got using the pool but looked lovely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Denise C,

Firstly can I thank you for taking to time to give us some feedback after your recent stay with us, it is great to know where are doing well and especially what areas we can improve on.

Here at the Brandon House Hotel we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction which you will see from other reviews that we do get right 99% of the time. I am so repentant that on this occasion we have failed to live up to your expectations. I do fully take on-board your comments and feedback, it is most unfortunate that you didn't bring this to my attention during your stay, as I would have loved to have been able to sit down and speak with you.

I do hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you what we really are capable of and why we have such a high number of repeat guests.

Please do let me know if you decide to return to the Brandon House Hotel as I would love to get to meet speak with you in person and thank you again for your review.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was blown away by my stay at this hotel. I must say though we go back here every year around this time.. but this time I booked in to the spa.. my god was I delighted I did. Met lyn on reception who showed me around. Had an hour or more in thermal suite which was heaven to say the least. Then met kelly for my treatments.. she gave the most amazing facial and massage ... she was so nice friendly and professional will be asking for her again. Also as im a bit of a health freek I was overwhelmed by the lunch menu.. wish I knew about it sooner☺ dont think we will ever see the Inside of another hotel after this.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon N
bettiemarie, General Manager at Brandon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Sharon N,

Thank you sincerely for your fantastic review and kind comments, your comments are what we strive to achieve her at The Brandon House Hotel, I was so thrilled to see that you had such and amazing time and we ticked all the boxes for you, also that you discovered our gem!! The Solas Croi Spa.

Lyn and Kelly were both delighted to know they made such an impression on you and I'm with you on Kellys massages!!

Again thank you kindly for you comments and we look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Bettie Marie Burger-Smit

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Passing through New Ross we Booked here recently very late notice on website & luckily got a room & an upgrade as our room wasn't ready
Spacious , clean & overall a very nice hotel. Very busy with families.
Thought the restaurant prices were steep with what was on offer so decided to eat in bar. Generous portions & in general good food.
It was a lovely evening so we were able to sit outside & enjoy the beautiful views.
Gym & pool very busy, only negative with gym would be use an air fresher or get carpet cleaned! Odour when u walk into gym was awful.
Breakfast served until 10am only - which is very early but overall nice hotel & worth a visit

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank leroyrox

Dear leroyrox,

Can I say how grateful we are for you taking the time to review out hotel after your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read you did enjoy your stay, the food was good and portions generous also the hotel to be spacious and very clean. I have noted your comment regard the Leisure Centre and have met with with our Housekeeper and Leisure Centre Manager to address this, thank you for making me aware of the issue.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Bettie Marie Burger-Smit

Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort
21 mi away
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Been to Brandon House Hotel? Share your experiences!