“Relaxation at its finest!”

Creacon Wellness Retreat
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Relaxation at its finest!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Firstly I'd like to say a huge thank you to the wonderful people I met during my stay at Creacon Lodge. I was lucky enough to discover Creacon purely by chance when searched online for a much needed relaxation/mindfulness retreat. I booked a week's accommodation together with a detox programme/package. All I can say is that this is a truly special place where I was made to feel welcome from the moment I arrived. I had the privilege of having all my meals at Creacon which consisted of tasty, nourishing, wholesome food (they grow their own vegetables and source local produce where possible). The cafe is also open to non residents which allows the public the opportunity to sample the wonderful food on offer (while I didn't taste the chocolate cake myself it did look fantastic!). My programme/ package included an array of treatments/workshops such as hot stone massage, accupuncture, yoga, saunas, dream spas and more. The meditation hall is a wonderfully peaceful, relaxing environment available to guests. The garden is beautifully cared for and I spent many hours sitting there enjoying the wonderful sounds of nature. I really did begin to feel the physical and spiritual benefits of Creacon within a very short time of arriving there. A huge thank you to all and I'll see you again really soon! Lorraine

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you so much for your sparking review. It is great to hear you enjoyed not only Creacon's accommodations but also the Cleansing Package you participated in along with the tasty food and treatments. Next time you will have to leave room for some chocolate cake. Thanks again for highlighting all the aspects of Creacon that you found fantastic. The gardens thank you for your compliment and welcome your return.
Warmest, Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I spent a few nights in Creacon Lodge with family and it was a fantastic break. There was a long list of therapies to pick from catering for the mind, body and soul which were carried out with so much care and attention by the therapists. The gardens are beautiful and atmosphere is like no other.. simply tranquil. The food was home cooked and very nourishing as well as tasy! The variety of tea's and cakes or biscuits are wonderful. All our needs were take care off to the highest standards by the friendly staff. I would highly recommend a visit, you deserve it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for your shining review. It is great to know that all of your needs were catered for and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return and thanks again for spreading the good news!
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had a wonderful visit at Creacon Lodge. The energy here is amazing. It is beautiful and peaceful, the food is great the company even better and there is a wide variety of services offered that people travel for, as well as workshops and classes. I highly recommend it.Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: our room was on the far end of an outside cottage #8. We loved it!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank maryannmichaels
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for your rave review of Creacon Lodge. We are flattered that you consider us your favorite place on Earth - such an accomplishment :) We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the food, the services, and the staff. We look forward to your return, which sounds like it may be sooner than later.
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have just returned from a 24 hour stay at Creacon Lodge and if I can feel this good after such a short visit I cant wait to return for a longer stay. The staff were so welcoming - I felt I was coming home. The food was great and the surroundings were just so beautiful. Thank you so much for a lovely relaxing time. I am planning my next visit already.

Regards and love to all.

Mary - Wexford

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary W
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and shining review! We welcome your return and are glad to hear you felt at home at Creacon Lodge. You only experienced a taste from your one night stay and you won't believe the personal transformation and peace that you can find by staying with us for a week or longer. We will see you back soon... :)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Creacon Lodge has been my destination for years when I really want to get away. Working very long hours and days, I seldom get the chance to just be with no hustle and bustle. Creacon Lodge, with their friendly staff, excellent service and unique tranquil atmosphere I find myself always recharged. Their unique spa services and classes make this a self help mecca without ever trying. Come and enjoy this exquisite place. It is like none other I have ever been!

Room Tip: Every room I have had is special.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ThePhoenixtvlr
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for your kind review! It is great to know that you continue to appreciate all aspects that Creacon Lodge has to offer and the value of its services to help you relax and unwind. We greatly appreciate your fantastic review and sharing with your friends your great recommendation to stay with us. Until we see you again !

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I came across this place by accident & am so glad I did ....this place is so relaxing ...the food is wonderful ..the staff are so helpful & welcoming ...it is a place without doubt to go to re charge & relax..totally renewed after 2 nights ..will be back without doubt

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank tricia023456
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
We are very happy you found us as well and from your review, it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your visit in all aspects. Thank you in advance for your return visit and for posting this gleaming review.

Dublin
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Creacon Lodge is an impeccably clean and well-run facility located in a lovely, peaceful setting and run by extremely welcoming and friendly staff. My spa treatment was top notch; much better than those I've had at 5-Star Resorts. And it was so warm! Which is saying something, for those familiar with retreat centers in Ireland and the U.K.

Despite this, I give the centre an 'average' rating because -- as someone who is not a disciple of Derek's (the lodge's owner/guru) -- it was simply a bit over-the-top for me. As a seasoned meditator, I found the meditation hall overwhelming; more sensory overload than the relaxed meditative environment I had hoped for. Upon entering the hall to your left is a buddha statue flanked on one side by a picture of Merlin and on the other side by a drawing of a hooded man who I assume was an avatar of sorts -- (i.e., a being that certain New Age philosophies believe have superhuman qualities, this includes Jesus). Throughout the hall you find various idols and pictures of Jesus, angels, many Indian gurus, a large photo of Michael Jackson, photos of Derek and his wife as gurus themselves, and much much more. I found it cluttered and confusing, but that is just my perception, of course. I prefer a more simple meditation hall.

By no means did anyone apply any pressure to 'convert' us to the Prema Agni belief system that Derek has developed. It was VERY relaxed in that regard. But throughout the lodge were quite a few icons and idols of Derek himself, such as paperweights with Derek's face etched onto them. This gave me some pause and made me wonder if he is a cult figure, but 'the internet' shows he has helped many people, which is wonderful.

All in all, Creacon Lodge is quite well run by a lovely staff, but the mixture of religions/icons can be a bit overwhelming for some. For those looking for a more neutral meditative environment, Creacon Lodge is not it, in my opinion. For those intrigued by New Age philosophies, this IS it! I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Traveling309
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for your sparkling review and we are glad you enjoyed your peaceful stay and our services. It is great to read that you found great value and personal benefit in your treatments as well. We strive to make everyone's visit relaxing and comfortable. Thank you for your honesty about our Meditation Hall and we welcome you to return when you need a recharge and to unwind.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ross
Granville Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Creacon Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!