Creacon Wellness Retreat
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
View Hotel
All reviewsmeditation hallyoga classesjuice cleansedeep tissue massagelittle piece of heavenpeaceful experienceenergy healingcare and attentionrecharge your batteriesmeditation classwarm and friendly placeart roomlonger staysitting roompure blissheaven on earthspent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay in Creacon Lodge Wellness Centre and it was absolutely fabulous . They say its peace of mind in a little piece of heaven and neither is an exaggeration. The people and the place itself welcome you home to your deeper Self. After only two days and I felt as rested as I would be after a two week holiday. Good company, good food, a nice glass of wine and treatments to suit the moment. If I was to sum up my experience in one word the would be Love.
I strongly advise every one to check it out, and then check in, because you are worth it . =)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for your great review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. Lots of love from all the staff at Creacon Lodge.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Early in June, I had the pleasure of revisiting Creacon Wellness Centre on a day trip from Dublin. Since my last visit there have been some fantastic changes to this oasis of healing and serenity.
As you walk into the main lodge, there is a new, lovely little rose garden planted next to the water fountain. The landscaping is really well done and lends to wandering on the grounds. I lost track of time doing so.
Another wonderful addition is they are now serving a menu of healthy, restorative Ayurvedic food which was delicious. My favorite was the cabbage salad.
Also, I loved that I was able to take home some of the delicious offerings made from ingredients either from the grounds of the healing centre or locally sourced produce. I happily carted off wonderful jars of applesauce, chutney and the most delicious strawberry jam ever along with little sachets of lavender tea.
I highly recommend for a day trip if you are passing through, even better to stay a while...I wish I had.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our roses gardeners. Marcela a staff member puts a lot of time into the gardens to keep them in the great condition they are in. We hope the next time you are in Ireland that you have a change to stay with us for a few nights and get to taste more of what is on our new menu. Michelle

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have just enjoyed a wonderful stay here at Creacon. The room we had was comfortable and roomy with a lovely bed. The food was gorgeous with the vegetables and herbs supplied by their own garden. We also enjoyed a wonderful healing massage. Spending time in their lovely garden in the sun was really blissful. Whether you fancy a night away or a retreat you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your amazing review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our home grown food and the massage you received. We look forward to your return visit in the future. From the team at Creacon Lodge Wellness Center.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first stay at Creacon. It was so restful and nurturing that it made me want to come back again and again. It is like home away from home - the way I envision home should be! There are even art supplies for those urges to create something tangible from the experience and beautiful gardens where you can stroll about. I highly recommend a stay here if you want to feel profound peace and comfort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank for your review, we are very happy to hear that you had a relaxing time. We look forward to your return visit. From the team at Creacon Lodge.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I arrived at Creacon feeling totally exhausted having come through some really busy months as a working lone parent. Driving in I was greeted by a colourful and well-loved looking garden. Marcella, one of the staff at Creacon, was creating a rose garden and stood up to welcome me with a huge smile. Walking into reception I could feel my familiar and somewhat habitual sense of busyness floating away spontaneously. I felt a sense of being home, not an external sense but within myself. I knew then that this was not going to simply be a break from my usual routine but something very special.

The welcome I received from Michelle, on reception and from the other members of staff I met on my tour around the lodge was as if they were genuinely delighted to host me and to look after me during my stay. Michelle showed me around the cozy cafe and dining room, the sitting room where you can chill out watching a movie. (They have a pretty decent selection.), the spacious meditation hall adjoined by the library with books to bring back to your room and also plenty of inspirational books and audios for purchasing. I couldn’t resist and bought several before I left.

My room, no.6 was a twin room outside the main building and it was clean and comfortable and tranquil, oh and they got extra brownie points for the single chocolate left on my bed. I love these little touches. I had booked a massage before I arrived and was met in reception by Suzanne. This was not your average massage. It was very much tailored to my body and its specific needs. Suzanne was not working from a pre-planned sequence; she was working in the moment, tuning in to what was needed. Talk about holistic. Oh and we chatted all throughout which is not something I usually do, preferring to be quiet. Suzanne asked a couple of times if I’d prefer to be silent but the conversation was so real, so helpful, healing and non-judgemental that I felt it was as much a part of the treatment as the massage I had come for. As the session finished I was encouraged to leave behind anything we had talked about that I no longer wanted in my life. I took this sound advice and left not only feeling lighter emotionally but also physically. I literally floated back to my room.

Later on I met Jonathan, the manager at Creacon. There was no fake professional front here, just friendliness and an enquiry into whether there was anything I needed. Feeling as if every need both spoken and unspoken was attended to I answered no.

After some meditation and some fantasizing about running one of my mindfulness workshops in the stunning meditation space it was time for dinner. Presumed I would sit alone for dinner as I had come to Creacon alone but not so. I sat amidst the other guests and staff. It would have been perfectly acceptable to sit alone either if I had wished to do so but feeling very comfortable in my surroundings I was happy to make new friends. Dinner tasted so good and fresh. Each salad vegetable tasted like the highest standard of itself. Lots of laughs and good humour over dinner. Easy to forget I had arrived alone just a few hours before.

Off to Pilates next, with a full tummy and as I was the only one doing the class I asked if we could have a gentle class as I was tired, full and feeling a bit lazy after dinner. Teresa, the instructor is an inspiration, a granny, whose muscle control and tone is a fantastic advertisement for pilates.

On my way back from the class Marcella asked if I’d like to watch a movie. I chose one and said ‘Sure I’ll be able to put it on myself’ Marcella looked in to my eyes and said ‘I’d love to do that for you’ Now as a busy lone parent it is not often that I am spoken to like this. I felt so nurtured and cared for. I chose a rocking chair with footrest and was served a delicious suki tea, a delicious infusion of lemongrass and ginger and settled in for the movie feeling like all the exhaustion and pressures of life were continuing to dissolve rapidly.

About half way through, Andi, an American guest who was at Creacon for a workshop, appeared. Andi is a hula hooping instructor and was about to head outside for some hooping. Not liking to miss out on anything I paused the movie and joined her for a class. Now I haven’t hula hooped since I was a child. I tried it once as an adult and failed miserably. With some clear instructions and lots of encouragement from the other guests looking on, I was off, hula hooping for the first time in 30 years. I was thrilled with myself.
Andi and her partner Larry invited me for a walk around the gardens. Andi was able to tell me what most of the plants, flowers and herbs were and there was a polytunnel with all sorts inside. If gardening is your thing you can register your interest while staying at Creacon and they will let you know what needs tending to. Stayed up chatting for a while and off to bed by 10:30.

Had the best sleep, lots of strong dreams and I awoke feeling fresh and full of vitality. Over breakfast there was a good balance between light-heartedness and heart to heart conversations. As I was leaving after breakfast myself and a few of my new friends exchanged numbers and emails.

It’s hard to sum up in words my experience of staying at Creacon but it felt like having a warm balm applied to all the areas that needed it. A total pampering experience for the body and mind. One of the first things Suzanne had said to me during our session was “There is magic here”. I’m inclined to agree. Staying at Creacon is €60 per night B & B. Lunch is €7:50 and a 2 course dinner €10:50. You can also just visit Creacon to enjoy a bite in the cafe, where they serve delicious home baking and a selection of suki teas including one from the himalayas. The main reason I went to Creacon was to see how suitable it would be to host mindfulness workshops. The meditation room, group room is really roomy and Creacon can facilitate 26 overnight guests. Whether you are looking for a workshop space or for a personal retreat Creacon is the place. Before I left I was already planning my next visit. Do you remember that slogan “If Carlsberg did....” Well if Carlsberg did Retreat Centres – Creacon Lodge and Wellness Centre would be it”.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CreaconLodgeCentre, Manager at Creacon Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much. That has to be one of the most amazing reviews we have ever got. We are so happy to here you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to have you here. We hope we get to see you again very soon. From all the Team at Creacon Lodge.