Glenbarry B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomwonderful hostsirish breakfastperfect breakfastgenerous breakfastpot of teahouse is beautifulstayed hereamazing locationexcellent accommodationtea making facilitieshome from homedouble roomcomfortable bedsfull irishyogurtfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

If you are looking for a fantastic B&B with lovely people and great food then look no further. Glenbarry offers all of the above and more. Ger & Margaret run the B&B so well and really welcome you with open arms and the friendly Irish spirit you want when you visit Ireland. The breakfast each morning is cooked with perfection and Margaret caters for each individuals needs. The view from the dining room table is stunning and such a lovely way to start your day over a nice pot of tea or cup of coffee. Our en-suite room was very well maintained and had everything we needed for a lovely stay at Glenbarry.
I am so glad we booked this B&B. I am already missing the friendly atmosphere and lovely breakfast and I look forward to visiting again. Margaret and Ger are the perfect people to run the perfect B&B.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy K
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This must surely rank as one of the best guesthouses in New Ross.Our recent three day stay here was enhanced by the warmth of the reception we received from Margaret and Ger on our arrival.Rooms were well furnished and spacious with spectacular views over the River Barrow.
Breakfast was a culinary Irish experience which set us up for the day !
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Oiseen01
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We happened across this B&B during our travel from Dublin south to Cork. We had been stopping here and there along the way and were referred to this B&B by one of the locals. Such a fabulous stay. We had a clean, well kept double room, with a bathroom dedicated just to us. After a much needed rest, we awoke to an amazing Irish breakfast and some time to chat with out hosts. We recommend it highly!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank CAMezen
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We did a clock-wise trip round Ireland. From Dublin passing the Wicklow Mountains we had a first Stop at Glenbarry B&B in New Ross. After some irritations in finding, we had a very warm welcome. So beautiful rooms, such a good breakfast, so much help by Margaret and Gerard, and the view down the valley was really exciting. We were 3 over 70s and had every comfort in the rooms, one room a double and upstairs, a cosy one, we got as a single.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HamletReinheim
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is quite simply one of the very best B & Bs I have stayed in anywhere in my lifetime. It is so good I have vowed to return with my wife and have already sung its praises to friends. Margaret and Gerard are superb hosts who offer excellent value and make you feel a valued friend. Travelling solo after a long drive from Belfast I was treated to a lovely cup of tea and biscuits and then shown to a spotless double room en suite with free wi-fi, satellite TV and tea-making facilities. The personally cooked Irish breakfast each morning with fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt if desired was far superior to anything I have ever had in the most expensive 5 star hotel. It's just an eight minute walk into the town centre and a good choice of restaurants and pubs. The Italian restaurant not far from St Michael's Theatre is particularly good. And the Traditional Fish and Chips opposite the lectern marking the site of President Kennedy's 1963 speech on the Quayside near the Dunbrody emigrant ship is one of the best I have been to. I stayed two nights and was sorry to leave. If you are there on a Thursday ;night as I was you can go to an incredibly high quality Irish traditional music session in Corcorans pub which has great charm. The purpose of my trip was to visit President Kennedy's homstead at nearby Dunganstown and I was so pleased to have secured such high quality accommodation.

Room Tip: Ring Margaret well in advance if you want the best room in the house but my room was excellent although I got the last available room just one day before but I suspect all rooms are of a very high quality.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo