“artist and art lover”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 28 May 2012

fabulous art collection!!! stunning dident expect to see so many wonderful paintings many by renowned artists ,only spent one night there lovely garden beautifully designed befitting the location and with many sculptures included, great location on the beach for a bracing walk before breakfast , friendly staff nice old world service in the dining room

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rusty959
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Rusty959

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and especially our Art collection, I hope you managed to see our Art Book "For the Love of ART" , if not let me know and I will forward you a copy.

Your kind words are certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy summer season.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Im looking to return already, It really is a wonderful hotel, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner ever so tasty. There really is everything here and you dont have to leave the hotel other than a stroll along the beach. If you have children your sorted from newborn to teenagers eg theres a "baby room" which has sterilizers, bottles warmers kettles to baby food and milk you'd only find these things in a shop but Kellys have it all. Rosanne in the creche was excellent mini disco at 6pm for the kids to let there hair down and to run wild there is also an out door playgroud in the shape of a pirateship on the sand it was like we were on a foreign holiday. I travelled with my husband and my 19 month daughter. There was always cleaning staff out hoovering early morning and its always kept clean which is nice to see. We looked to book an extra night when we were there but they were booked out. We were lucky with the weather in the mid 20's s that added to our pleasure. Suprisingly I didnt get to use the spa but I imagine its just as excellent. The only negative I have is the view we had from our room it was the oppisite side to the beach view asked to be changed but they said it was booked out so hoping the next time. We can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get a beach view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shazney81
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Shazney81,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s.

I will certainly pass your compliments on to Roseanne, who will be thrilled. Delighted to hear you appreciated the baby facilities, it just makes it a lot easier for parents travelling with small children. I am sorry you did not get the opportunity to use the Spa, it is totally relaxing especally the Thermal Suite with the Indoor/Outdoor Seawater Vitality Pool which you can avail.

We look forward to welcoming back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have heard the reputation of kellys is excellant and it certainly lived up to it. The staff were
welcoming and friendly food was excellant. Room was comfortable and clean. The hotel overall
is a great place to stay just like a mini cruise with something for everyone. Pity that the
weather was so bad as it would have been lovely to spend some time in their lovely garden
at the back of the hotel which leads on to the beach. Definetly recommend this hotel to
anyone young and old as there is something for everyone.

Room Tip: We had room 37 at first but the noise from the front door banging could be heard every minute in th...
3  Thank misty12345

Dear Misty12345,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, Food and more importantly that my team looked after you well. I am sorry the weather wasn’t great when you were here but hopefully the next time we will live up to our name as “The Sunny Southeast”.

We appreciate very much your recommendations; everything helps in this economic climate.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My fiancé and I are just after returning from a wonderful few days at Kelly’s. It is without question the closest experience you can get to taking a holiday away from Ireland without actually leaving.
Due to work commitments we arrived at 1am in the morning for our first night. We were greeted by the Duty Manager, Eamonn Dempsey, who without being asked offered us complimentary tea and sandwiches after our 5 hour journey. This for me really tells the true story of Kelly’s, as they go above and beyond the normal Irish hospitality, no matter what time of day or night, to make your experience a personal one.
The hotel is located on the beach front, so every morning before breakfast we woke to the gentle lapping of waves. The hotel is set in a beautifully peaceful part of Wexford so we found ourselves walking for hours, simply taking in the coastal scenery.
Every day for breakfast and lunch we had a choice of either eating in the restaurant or the carvery and dinner was in the restaurant only. The menu changed every day and the food was to an award winning standard. I found myself not wanting to leave the hotel in case I missed one of the meals!
During the day, I found great solace in either swimming or sitting out in the garden by the beach while my fiancé made very good use of the in house Spa. While at night there was life entertainment on in both hotel bars so we were never without amusement.
A truly unforgettable experience.
Thank you to all the staff with a special thanks the Duty Manager, Eamonn Dempsey who looked after us throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Look for a sea view room, you wont be disappointed
5  Thank Paul C

Dear Paul C,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel lived up to your expectation.

I will certainly pass your compliments onto Eamonn and indeed all the staff. We do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that each guests enjoys their stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to avail of our Spa, which is certainly very relaxing.

We look forward to welcoming you and your Fiancée back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Our biggest problem during our stay was choosing what to eat from the extensive dinner menu. For fish or meat lovers there is a great selection and the following night the menu changes completely. Even for breakfast there are 3 fish options The dining-room is large and beautifully decorated with art work. The hotel is on the beach and you can walk along it for miles to work off the delicious food. There is entertainment every night either in the bar or Ivy room, which is very enjoyable, they play everything from Tom Jones and Joe Dolan to Tina Turner. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the beds firm and comfortable. The shower is quite powerful and there is plenty of drawer and closet space. All the staff were excellent, well trained and helpful without being in your face. The owner circulates the dining-room during dinner and breakfast stopping at all the tables to check on all the guests. We even witnessed the barmaid going outside to the patio one night to ask a guest who was alone was she ok. Didn't get a chance to use the spa or pool on this visit so can't comment on those facilities. The hotel seems to be popular with all ages. There are so many activities laid on that there is no need to leave the hotel. The customer is definitely king here and no wonder so many guests come back year after year.

4  Thank Aprilfool1965

Dear Aprilfool1965,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and that my team looked after you well.

Your comments are very much appreciate and I will certainly pass them our our Executive Chef and his team, Veronica in the Bar, and all our staff. We do appreciate that they work hard and are very conscientious of looking after all our guests well.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Kelly's soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I visited Kelly's recently for 1 overnight including dinner. We hadn't been to Kelly's since the early 80's, when we had an excellent few days watching Cheltenham.
We arrived around lunchtime and decided to have a light lunch in La Marine bar/restaurant. On the way to the bar, we passed toilets - the ladies door was jammed open and there was a strong disinfectant smell in the general area, which actually permeated into the Bar. We ordered some food and I paid a visit to the gents. While I was there, a member of staff came out from one of the cubicles and left without washing his hands - disgusting.
We checked into our rooms after lunch - rooms were excellent - large, bright and airy with a balcony and views over the beach. We had afternnon tea which was just ok - we were again put off by a generally poor smell throughout the hotel - again, hinting of disinfectant.
My memories of dinner from our previous visit were very happy ones and I was really looking forward to something special - however, this time round, I wasn't impressed. I thought for the price (€44 per person) the menu was poor, particularly if you're not a great fish lover. I had roast beef which was no different from what you'd get in a carvery in a good pub. Having said that, the dining room is a wonderfully warm and spacious room with a lovely atmosphere.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent with lots of fresh fish on offer as well as the standard fare. The deal on offer was €110 per person for Dinner, B&B and Afternoon Tea, including service charge of 10%. However, when we went to check out, I was charged 10% service on the wine we had with dinner. I presume that if we had had a drink in the bar, we would have been charged 10% as well. I have come across this practise in other hotels in Ireland and find it smacks of the old rip off culture that used to prevail in the tourist sector. I find it unacceptable. All in all, it was a disappointing experience - maybe my sights were set too high from our previous visit.

9  Thank RichardandEleanor
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear RichardandEleanor,

Further to your letter on Trip Advisor, that only came to my attention.We appreciate your kind comments on the room and breakfast, however, all our team were most upset and disappointed to hear that Kelly’s did not live up to your expectations on a number of other issues during your overnight stay.

I sincerely apologise for the issue of strong disinfectant smell, we occasional use such products as a precautionary measure to keep the hotel infection free. I agree the issue of a staff member not washing their hands is disgusting and has no place here at Kelly’s, we are presently investigating the incident. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention.

Our Dinner menu changes daily and offers a wide choice of both fish and meats, I regret that you hadn’t mentioned your dissatisfaction at the time; we would have happily offered you lots of other meat choice.

The hotel does operate a 10% service charge which we highlight in all promotional material; it is certainly not a marketing ploy. As we are a Resort hotel, it saves people carrying cash around and is in general understood by our guests, this has been in operation for over 70 years in the hotel. The service goes directly to the staff and is highlighted in all our brochures, wine list and on our internet and is also explained when making a booking, my sincere apologies if this was not brought to your attention.

We try hard to keep the standards up and regret that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. It is a pity you did not mention any of this to me during your visit. However should you decide to return, please contact me personally at details given in my direct mail to you and I will assure you of our utmost care and attention.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was our eighth visit to Kelly's our two boys love it there almost as much as their mum & dad !
The staff are unfailingly polite & helpful, the food is delicious everything you could wish for from a resort hotel and our youngest had the privileged of Bill Kelly performing some magic for him too

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank N11isgreat

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral coming into our busy season.

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority.

We look forward to welcoming back for your 9th visit.

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Talbot Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!