“Well Done ! I thought about not reviewing for fear I don't get a reservation for my trip back !”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I spent a short Easter break with my children (9 and 11). I always thought that Irish Hotels never managed to pull off the kids club type holiday, where parents are rendered almost redundant by fun activities with competent kid club staff. Well Kelly's managed to surpass any experience I have had in hotels abroad. The children had a wonderful time (so much so we ended staying there until 6pm after check out!). Now not to paint a picture of a hotel that is only suitable for families, my partner expressed dismay when I said how great it was for families with kids. However I was able to assure her that it was like two hotels, one section for kids, one for couples or singles looking for a destress break. I cannot describe how professional the staff are in accommodating your every need. Whilst I only savoured the food in the Bistro for dinner (ivy for breakfast and lunch) the food is top class at quite affordable prices. I did have a small issue with the bathroom door handle which was not rectified during my stay which i was surprised with. However it does not stop me from saying that it is possibly the best hotel experience in Ireland if not in Europe. Well Done Kelly's.

3  Thank MartinIrl
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear MartinIrl,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you and your family enjoyed your Easter break at Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guests returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination.

I will certainly pass on your compliments on to all the Team. My apologies about the bathroom handle, it is most unusual for it not to be fixed immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.

Kind regards.

There are newer reviews for Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a meal at Kelly's last Friday March 22nd for a family occasion and were delighted with the food and most especially the service. One of the children tipped over a drink and within seconds there were two staff there to clean it up. The quality of the children's menu is excellent and the portion sizes were spot on. There were bouncy castles laid on free of charge for the children during the afternoon, which was a welcome surprise as the weather was truly awful and they could not have played outside. Would love to return for an overnight stay in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear EAAKA 2007,

We are delighted you and your family and friends enjoyed your meal and more importantly that the team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay on you next visit.

Bill Kelly & Team

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

We were visiting relatives and visited the restaurant for a meal. The food was amazing, nothing was too much trouble either. The owner also came round and visited all the tables which was a lovely touch really recommended.

1  Thank Nightwood
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in one of our two restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Kelly's is without doubt a family hotel where generations of guests return with their nearest and dearest and enjoy the familiar surroundings of this long established, family run hotel. Friendly, professional staff members are the key strength of this hotel, and without them it would not be the resort it is. The art collection that adorns every free wall throughout the hotel is worth the trip alone, and walks along the beautiful strand are a must. Rooms in the older part of the building are adequate, warm, well equipped but are certainly not luxurious. Sound is a big issue and I'd recommend you bring ear plugs in order to get a peaceful night's sleep. I had to get up at 1.30am and ask a group of people on the corridor to keep the noise down or move.
The spa is beautifully designed and decorated but somehow feels like a conveyor belt of treatment after treatment.
Dinner is a wonderful experience and the restaurant at Kellys is a master class of Irish artists. Food is again at conveyor belt speed, but suberb in quality, freshness and flavours.
After dinner, people seem to sit about in the corridors and reception rooms with feet up, zimmer frames parked and books in hand - very off putting for the younger generation, but in fairness, the younger generation are in the clear minority at Kellys!
All in all, a chilled family experience for the older generation

Room Tip: Sea facing in the new part of the building
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank skherbert

Dear Skherbert,

We are delighted you enjoyed your meal at Kelly's Resort. Thank you for taking the time to review the property.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I spent a couple of great days at Kelly's recently. I have been visiting there on and off for the last thirty years. The weather this time was awful but it did not dampen our break, It was lovely and cosy to watch the waves crashing to the beach from our sea view room - and from the sauna! I enjoyed the bridge workshops and the nice relaxed reading room. The staff are excellent - their attention to detail coupled with the warm welcome on arrival was great. I was delighted to see so many familiar faces among the staff.

Also, an item which I had left in the bed-room, was carefully wrapped and posted to me within a few days

Well done to all

Very Satisfied costumer

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Una186605
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Una,
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guests returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination.

I will certainly pass on your compliments on to all the Team.We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014 if not before.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012. While I couldn't fault anything I do think that the value isn't the best that is out there. This is the only hotel that I have stayed in that charges for toddlers. I don't think that is a good policy. The facilities are top of the class and the beach on site is a real bonus. However, this hotel is not high on my list for a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear 981,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I was happy to hear that enjoyed your stay despite your comments regarding our price for children.

We offer many facilities for Children and toddlers and employ eight staff in the Kids Club area, we also provide a baby room with all the necessary food and drinks for young children 24/7 .

We hope you will give us the chance at some future date to redeem ourselves, please contact me personally and I will assure you of our utmost care and attention.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we need every now and again to be kept on our toes and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Superb place for a family. the activites are A1 and the kids loved it. can not find fault. highly reccommended. food is wonderful and the staff are fantastic. prices are reasonable. the owner and managment are deeply involved in the daily operations which is great. will bpok again soon.

1  Thank Vinnie O

Dear Vinnie 0, Many thanks for your high recommendation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime.

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!