“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went up to Kelly's for coffee and tea on Sunday - lovely ambiance again. We then went to the leisure club for a swim, sauna, steam before heading back up to Dublin. The hotel is excellent - it consistently delivers and I've never had a bad time there! Next step is to stay for a short break!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ainep
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Ainep,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Hotel, we look forward to you staying with us on your next visit!

Bill Kelly

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My Nanny and aunty have just returned from a 4 night mid-week break at this hotel and they had such a good experience I thought It was worth recommending the hotel to others. They booked a 4 night mid week (Mon-Fri) break with spa treatments and could not have spoken more highly about the hotel, its staff and the spa. My 80+ yr old nanny (a lady doesnt tell her age!!!) enjoyed a relaxing massage and got mani/pedi, and commented that you'd "live forever" if you were down there every week!! Then, unfortunately, my aunty became ill and had to spend 2 nights in hospital but the hotel staff could not do enough for both her and my nanny. They rang my nanny to ensure she was coming down for meals each afternoon/evening, and brought her into and home from the hospital each day in order to visit my aunty. Overall they both had nothing but good words to say about the hotel and especially its staff, who went out of their way to make what could have been a very distressting holiday for my nanny, into an extremely plesent experience. Based on this feedback many other family members have already booked and had equally as plesent experiences so far!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RhonaDublin

Dear RhonaDublin,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that your Aunty and Nanny had a great experience at Kelly's. Your review gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority.

It was a pity your Aunty's your stay was cut short by her hospital trip, but as long as all is well that end well!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future, thank you for your support.
With good wishes.

Bill Kelly

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Paid my first visit to Kelly's last week and was not disappointed. A very busy hotel with lots of families but this did not impact on service. Excellent food, large potions of wonderful fresh fish. Staff are very well trained with regular visits from the boss ensuring that all is in order. Plenty of entertainment laid on. Looking forward to a rerun later in the year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoNoDublin
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear MoNodublin,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Kelly's.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the facilities, food, nightly entertainment and more importantly that my team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again 2013.

Bill Kelly and team

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed here from the 5th of April to the 7th 2013 and i have nothing but praise for this place. Reception are most friendly when you arrive and helpful and there is a service for your cases to be brought to your room for you.
All of the Hotel is shining and very clean indeed.
Room Service is Excellent and the staff that deliver most friendly.
Cleaning is done on a daily basis and everything in the room is so clean and fresh. We told the cleaner our room was ok as we were not going the next day, but she insisted she had to clean the room . The cleaners are also very friendly and very good at their job.
The dining room is beautiful. and the staff are again very friendly and most obliging. and look very smart.
The Entertainment for both nights was Excellent, and everyone there seemed to enjoy it too, and were up dancing it was so nice to see.
The Hotel is lovely and warm. The Gym, Swimmng pool and Hot tub are all kept so clean.
I enjoyed my stay here very much and i would recommend Kellys Resort Hotel and Spa to anyone. perfect for anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: To have a room facing East will give you the most wonderful view of the Sea.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank blossom22

Dear Blossom22,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly's Resort. Your photographs you took of the hotel were great.

We look forward to welcoming you back again 2013.

Bill Kelly and team

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had a perfectly relaxing stay just before Easter. The weather was soooo cold, but we didn't care one jot. Our focus was on relaxation, rest, and good food. The four year old wanted to see the beach, which she did, and then she had the added bonus of buffet dinners, discos, and DVD nights. (She wasn't over-impressed with the DVD nights, but Mom and Dad had great peace for dinner).

The restaurant, and the food, were both superb. A real treat. Great staff, great wine, lovely ambiance.

We booked very very late, less than a week beforehand so we couldn't complain about our room with its limited sea view, but we know the next time to book early and get a second floor sea facing room.

Last, but not least, we were thoroughly impressed with the art collection. Even as I sit here typing "For The Love of Art" is sitting beside me.

Thank you all, hope to see you very soon again.

Room Tip: Do try to ensure you have a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SirRoy

Dear SirRoy,

Many thanks for your high recommendation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and we were delight the hear that our Art Book it taking bride of place.It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Just back from another fantastic stay at Kellys Hotel. It is a hotel which really caters so well for children of all ages. Both my children (aged 7 and 4) were entertained by the team at Kellys. When we got home today the first question asked was when are we going back!

The food is superb, the staff extremely helpful and the atmosphere fantastic. I love going every year and it continues to deliver year on year..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AMAC75

Dear AMAC75,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s.

It certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy summer season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was our first time to stay at Kelly's, and we were not disappointed. Heard many reviews previous, and it lived up to them, it really does cater for the kids, food was fabulous, rooms were fine. We were on half board, and I thought it appeared expensive at €255/night, but when you consider how good the food was, it wasn't as bad.
I just had one main negative, when we were there a good few, always 5-6 people always seemed to be in the ivy room (bar/eating) area in bath robes. I understand people just moving between room/pool/spa etc. and maybe stopping for a few minutes but when you see people sitting down to breakfast in robes only, or a gentleman sitting drinking pints for a few hours beside the bar, (and not the build of daniel craig), I don't think it ties I with all the other impressive aspects of the place.
It wouldn't stop me returning, and I know it's nice to make people feel at home, but if you want to relax in bath robes, Kelly's have plenty of lovely places to do so, I.e pool side, spa, your room balcony etc., and I think they should be gently reminded of same.

Thanks for a lovely stay,

Jim J.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim J

Dear Jim J,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Kelly's Resort.

I appreciate your comments on the robes, although I understand your feeling on the issue, it is a difficult one to fix! In may ways we encourage our guest to ware the robes, although not in the dining room.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Bill Kelly and Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!