“A Touch of Comfort”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked a single night in Kelly’s Hotel in Rosslare to make catching the ferry back to England the next morning stress free and easy.

Check in was a pleasure, the receptionist realised that I’d have to leave too early for breakfast so immediately arranged for a room service breakfast at 7am – which arrived spot on time the next morning. A pot of coffee arrived a few moments after arriving in my room, another welcome touch.

My room, on the top floor above the Spa complex was attractive: well and tastefully furnished with a neat separate sitting area. The bathroom with large shower and separate bath was provided with more than enough of everything and was a pleasure to use.
Kelly’s positions its self as a resort hotel and the lack of Wi-Fi and tea making in the room supports this. But both are a bit of a negative and these days all 4 star hotels are expected to have Wi-Fi in every room – we all have smart phones don’t we?

I took my evening meal in the Bistro: the menu was good, service impeccable and they offer a good selection of half bottles of wine, perfect for the solo traveller. I had grilled mussels with garlic butter: truly excellent, followed by a great Irish rib-eye steak served with Lyonnais potatoes and perfectly cooked vegetables. I’d ordered a side salad but it was more than I needed, the portion sizes on the main dish were more than enough, so I passed on desserts and left the restaurant comfortably satisfied.

As a resort or base for a holiday Kelly’s is recommended, but for the business traveller the lack of Wi-Fi is a serious issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jenkspj
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Jenkspj, Many thanks for your high recommendation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime.

At the moment we only have Wifi on all the ground floor rooms, but we are in the process of extending this throughout the property. Most of our guests are supposed to be on holidays so we didn't want them working around the clock!

We will have it in for your next visit!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2013

my wife organised a 50TH surprise here for me.While the meal was excellent the surprise element was a total let down as she had requested that I did not know.On check in the front desk called out the names of all my family members who were staying which was supposed to be a surprise and my wife had clearly stated that I did know they were coming, also she request no prices on the menu this did not happen.When this was brought to the attention of the management she was totally fobbed off for a establishment of this supposed caliber I found this quite unacceptable and it totally ruined the occasion for her.

Room Tip: rooms at the back for sea view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank lockieIreland
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear LockieIreland,

We were delighted you all had an enjoyable stay with us despite the fact that we ruined your Birthday surprise and we did not follow through with your special requests which Sinead had made very clear in your reservation. I sincerely apologise. We cater for special occasions on a daily basis and we should not have overlooked the details from check in – to the menu in Beaches at Dinner. Your special menus were printed and in Beaches Restaurant, which makes the whole situation more annoying.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and at this stage we can only ask you to accept our sincere apology. I have spoken to the various team members so this situation does not occur again, we very much appreciate Guests feedback and suggestions which will help us continuously improve our service.

With very best wishes and I hope we will see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have been to Kellys a few times now, this time was to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. It's always an amazing holiday there, but this time was the best 3 days we've spent down there.
The mud chamber and spa pool were absolutely amazing, the food was stunning as always (I still have dreams about the garlic crab claws!), the staff were so so lovely (especially the poor ones who made us delicious cocktails in the evenings!!) they really took care of us, especially the lovely Billy Kelly who was around taking an interest in his guests as always, and the junior suite was an amazing room, so bright and big.
Kellys has guests for life with us, best holiday out

Room Tip: We've stayed on both floors and on both sides of the hotel and all the rooms are really lovely...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jan H

Dear Jan H,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations at Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guests returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination.

I will certainly pass on your compliments on to all the Management Team, Seaspa Team, Kitchen team and all other areas in the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We were last here March 2012. Its as good as ever . We went with 2 couples and enjoyed Spa treatments walks on the beach and good company. Its great to have the option of half board as
now I am not stuffed from over eating and can enjoy my stay and even stay longer because now I can eat at my own pace. There is music every evening in the Ivy room to dance to or watch others
exercise on the floor.
Easter Week was busy with lots of small children. There was very little extra curricular activities for adults bing the week that was in it. Last year there were great talks by I think a psychologist and other organised activities. We did the power walk most days,

Room Tip: Older couples might specify a quiet room at the end of a corridor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank gabriel31

Dear Gabriel31,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed the facilities, nightly entertainment,food and more importantly that the team looked after you well. Unfortunately during the Easter week we don't have any of the usual visiting activities, such as the Wine Tasting, Positive Thinking, Cookery Demonstrations etc, but we have them arranged for all other weeks throughout the Spring and Autumn.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Won a voucher for a weekend stay with full board 3 years ago and Kelly's honoured it just a month ago!! What a nice start to what was a brilliant getaway! From the moment we arrived the staff were accommodating and really friendly. We also had 2 massages in the spa and these were some experience, you have to do this before you die!! Then there's the food and here is my complaint!!......there was too much of it haha!! I am still working off the carbs! But really now the steak was the best I've ever had and I'm a regular steak eater!! Cooked to absolute perfection!!

I couldn't recommend Kelly's high enough!! A must visit!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank therealpodge

Dear Therealpodge,

Congratulations on your great win! Thank you so much for your very kind review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s.

It certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy summer season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see and informed the Seaspa of your great experience!

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a really lovely lunch in the bar. Excellent quality and freshness. Good Value. Good selection of light bites
Clientele extremely old, though.
The hotel is in a perfect location right on the beacho

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mary w

Dear Mary W,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of La Marine, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your food and experience.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went up to Kelly's for coffee and tea on Sunday - lovely ambiance again. We then went to the leisure club for a swim, sauna, steam before heading back up to Dublin. The hotel is excellent - it consistently delivers and I've never had a bad time there! Next step is to stay for a short break!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ainep

Dear Ainep,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Hotel, we look forward to you staying with us on your next visit!

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Talbot Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!