“Weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Dublin, Ireland
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A hotel of very high standard. Mum and Dad have been going for years and we went along with them for the weekend. Definitely not disappointed. Rooms spotless clean and very comfortable. food is superb with plenty of choice. Plenty of facilities to keep you occupied, golf, tennis, crazy golf, playground for children and best of all the thermal suite where you have pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, plunge pool etc. Staff are excellent, they are so helpful and friendly. A special word for Michael from Poland who served us for the weekend in the dining room, a gentleman so attentive and friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Joan O,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that my team looked after you well during your weekend visit. I will pass on your kind comments to Michael.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Bill Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Portstewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Have just returned home today from another visit to Kelly's,had a wonderful time,as usual.
Food is superb,loads of fish dishes but plenty for carnivores and veggies as well.
Spa is very relaxing,should not have left it until the last day as I would have liked to use it again.
Entertainment was particularly good on Wednesday and Thursday night,I believe the girl who sang on Thursday had been a late 'substitute' and she had a great voice.Some of the entertainment can be a bit old fashioned but there is a very varied spectrum of age groups staying in the hotel and all have to be accommodated .
The road network has greatly improved since my last visit,so the journey was a lot shorter than I previously have experienced.
Staff are excellent,nothing is too much trouble,even a request to slightly alter the menu is no problem and no chef has to be consulted,which is the norm in most restaurants.
Played golf on the nearby twelve hole course,not too time consuming so back in time for lunch.
Greens were in excellent condition and the gentleman who looked after the green tickets was very pleasant .
Can't wait to return,thanks to all at Ke

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Unesno,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guest returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination "A home away from home". I will certainly pass on your compliments to the girls in the Spa, Padraig in the Golf Club and all our team.

Look forward to welcoming you back for the 9th visit, the road should be better again by next year!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Went here as a child ...brought my own kids here , now bringing my grandson here ...Always top class service ...Huge attention to detail...Activities and swimming pool area really great for kids ....food is superb ....A great welcome always ...I will keep going back ...

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stewross
Dear Stewross,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year - home from home.

I will certainly pass your compliments onto all the team, we do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that each guests enjoys their stay with us.

Thank you for all your support over the years. We look forward to welcoming you back again with the next generation.

County Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

.Who needs to travel to the continent, when Hotels of this standard are available within a ten min drive. The Hotel staff are exceptionally good and helpful. Food was both imaginative and tasty, there are also a number of dining options giving flexibility depending on the budget. Overall the Hotel has a very nice atmosphere and perfect for the wonderful summer we have enjoyed in Ireland. Rosslare is easily accessable by ferry from Wales and France. The Hotel stays during high season, were however for those with deep pockets although providing full board, pool and sports facilities along with nightly entertainment, it would appeal to anyone wishing for all inclusive holidays.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies overlooking both the gardens and beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Wrinkiesireland,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our morale in the midst of a busy season. I will have to put you on our international marketing team!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future..

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My parents, my 4yr old and myself made the (long) journey to Rosslare on the reputation of Kelly's. First impressions from the outside.. I got a cold sweat.. Dreading what was inside.. Thankfullying, unnecessarily. The carpets and some decor is a little tired but you don't really notice after a while and see how the place redeems itself. The food was exceptional. The variety at lunch, the (sometimes dangerous!!:-) as people race for) afternoon tea and the best choice of beautiful fish in the evenings. The iconic Emer helps every dining experience:). The pools are fab, depth of the small pool just perfect for 4yr old. The one thing I was quite disappointed with was the kids activities. The first 2 days the activities were away from the hotel. At 4 yrs I felt my child was too young. I appreciate that was my choice but there was no activity for those who didn't go on the excursion. The activities lacked lustre and were little more than supervision. The movie club was great though to be able to eat with grown ups. I was disappointed with the activities since it was Kelly's reputation for the "smallies" that was the reason for our choice. That said, after 10mins home, my homebird son was enquiring "when are we going there again?". Enough said. :). It must have been the pirate ship, or the super relaxed atmosphere that he found so attractive:)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LocalGal_13
Dear LocalGal-13,

Thank you for your kind comment on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kelly's.

I will certainly pass your compliments onto all the kitchen team and Emer; we do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that all ages enjoy their stay with us. My apologies for lack of activities for your 4 year old, I am surprised as we normally have a full programme of events to keep all ages occupied. Please let me know next time you are down and I will keep an eye on the activities for your son. In the meantime I will discuss this with our Pirate Club team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Athlone
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We went to Kelly's to celebrate our ruby wedding anniversary for what should have been a pleasant stay, unfortunately ended in disaster. When a customer finds a hair in their dinner a simple apology should be sufficient, however, Mr Kelly proceeded to apportion blame away from the kitchen with the comment "that the staff have no hair like himself." When he was challenged on his hurtful insinuation that it was the customer's hair he then suggested "it may have happened the dish on the way out."
It was pointed out to him it was unfair to suggest it was the waitress because she was blond and the hair was dark. We were very disappointed and surprised with Mr Kelly's attitude because we have been visiting Kelly's hotel since 1983, and we always enjoyed our stay and it is not our intention to take away from the standard of the food because unquestionably it is Michelin standard. No Mr Kelly, this is purely to highlight to you (however unpalatable it maybe) that occasionally the customer is right and accordingly deserves some respect. I gave you 4 ratings in honour of the high quality of the food and the pleasant staff. I will leave it you Mr Kelly to guess why one of the ratings is blank!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jack R
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Mr & Mrs Ryan,

Further to your review on trip advisor, I am delighted to hear you have given us a 4 star rating for our high quality food and I will certainly pass your lovely comments to our Kitchen and Beaches’ team.

My sincere apologies for the incident and my comment in the Diningroom, it certainly was not my intention to offend or insult you. Having realised how disappointed you were, I did make your meal complimentary but now appreciate your anger. I have been running Kelly’s Resort Hotel for over 25 years and it is certainly not my style to upset any of our customers, for this I am truly sorry.

We thank you for your support over the years and hopefully I will get the opportunity to redeem myself on a future visit. Please contact me personally and I will ensure you of my utmost care and attention.

With good wishes.
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we brought our children and grandchildren here to celebrate our ruby wedding anniversary and had a lovely weekend.the grandchildren were well amused and were made to feel welcome. in particular our 3 yearold autistic grandson was smiled at not glared at even though he can be rather noisy.the food was delicious and we enjoyed being able to eat with the children in the ivy room without worrying too much about their behaviour. a genuinely family friendly hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Philippa B,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your family celebration at Kelly's.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the facilities, and more importantly that your Grandson settled in well in the environment. I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the team. It will certainly boost their morale at the end of a busy summer season.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bill Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!