“Heaven”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Have not visited for a few years but have had many a fantastic holiday here. My children eldest now 18 still talk about our holidays here. The staff can not do enough for you no matter how small the request and over the years we have stayed in touch with staff who had also been our babysitters. I can not understand how anyone could have a problem with any aspect of this hotels service and looking forward to paying a return visit in 2014. Happy Xmas to all.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IrelandShopaholic
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear IrelandShopaholic,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor. Your kind words are certainly a boost to us and we look forward to welcoming you back this year. It is always great to see guests returning.

With good wishes.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a fantastic stay off peak in this hotel in November, I was blown away by the facilities for young children and the effort made to accommodate them, ie in house creches, outdoor play facilities, allowing parents to go for a meal while the kids are looked after. the kids pool was fantastic

The formal meal in the evening was fantastic on a par with the high end restaurants in dublin, saying that my wife did have a hair in her dessert but the hotel owner came over himself to apologise, I had the best dessert ever in kellys, a chocolate dessert with a toppping like a louis vuitton bag

With the beach on your door step, I can see how they have so many return visitors

The bar within the hotel was fantastic too

Can't recommend it highly enough

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank turleyg

Dear Turleyg,

Thank you for you kind review on tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities in the Hotel.

I will post your comment on our staff notice board for all to see.

Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Just spent the last week in Kelly's Hotel and I am totally surprised at the recent comments by Deirdre C and Anne B below outlining their recent experiences. As a regular visitor to Kelly's we have come to know most of the staff over the years and have never had any occasion to complain about any staff member over their service, from the room attendants to management. They have always been courteous and ready to converse. We have experienced the La Marina, Beaches and the Ivy Room. I fully agree with Bill Kelly and have always found Paul in Beaches most willing and attentive and in fact very entertaining. We love going back to Kelly's knowing that we will be well looked after as we were this week by the staff in the Bistro and Donal, Michael,and Agnes of Beaches. Top marks to Billy Kelly, Pat, Eddie and Eamon. A great Christmas break to you and all your staff. See you in the New Year 2014. Denis T Room 67.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Tippled,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral at the end of a busy year. I will certainly pass your compliments on to all the team, especially Paul.

Look forward to welcoming you back in 2014 and wishing you a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Back in kellys Hotel last night with a group of friends for a pre Xmas nite out. What a wonderful nite we had.Brilliant atmosphere in Beeches Restaurant, superb food, by far the best meal any of us have had to date in Kellys. Superb service from our waiter Donal. Compliments to Michael Healy and his staff for such good food. Only downpoint is that kellys close on sunday for their annual Xmas break. roll on February.
Aedan Mac Fadden

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Breda,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral at the end of a busy year.

I will certainly pass your compliments on to all the team especially Micheal and Donal.

Look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were celebrating a 60 the birthday and 9 of us at the table. The waiter - called Paul - was rude, grumpy and discourteous. The pate was frozen and thawed and not good. The food was way below par for the hefty €43.50 per head. One of the party wanted a cup of tea at the table and was told not possible in the restaurant but to go to the residents lounge. Her husband protested and tea was brought even if attitude was ungracious to say the least.
We had been at the same restaurant to celebrate an 80th birthday and the food that night too was way below par for the same cost.
The hotel has wonderful facilities and is the pride of Wexford so it is sad to write this review on appalling food in the dining room. Food in the Bistro is always excellent so it's a pity it cannot be carried thru to the main dining room.
Will not be supporting that dining room ever again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Deirdre C
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Deirdre C,

I only saw your review yesterday and we were most upset and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your evening and service when you joined the McLoughlin Birthday party celebrations in Beaches. I appreciate you getting back to me with the date of your visit. We apologise that both the food and service fell short of your expectations and ours on the evening. Although we realise we always have room for improvement it is very disheartening to be lambasted in such a public way, especially when I have recently spoken to Mr McLoughlin who assured me he had a wonderful evening and Weekend visit.

I certainly agree with your comments regarding the service, it was totally unacceptable the manner and service you received, for this I can only apologise. I have also discussed your comments with Paul, it is unlike him to act in such a manner and he is extremely upset, embarrassed and remorseful. We do normally serve tea and coffee in the Ivy Room after dinner unless a customer specifically requests it in the dining room, as in your situation. Our in-house rule is to never say "No"! I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention although I would have preferred if a staff member was not named in such a public domain.

We have taken note of your comments relating to the food in Beaches Restaurant, it certainly seems that we let you and ourselves down; it is a pity that you did not mention it during your meal when we checked your table, we would have rectified the situation immediately. We only use fresh, home made products at Kelly’s, the pate could not have been frozen. We did recently change our pate recipe as the previous one was a little coarse, so maybe you had tried the earlier version. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Chef and his team, who assure me that they will do their utmost to keep the high standards we are renowned for over the years. We pride ourselves in maintaining a very high standard at all times and I regret that this was not your experience.

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only ask you to accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience. We try hard to keep the standards up and regret that we did not live up to your expectations. I hope you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves at some future date, please contact me personally through Trip Advisor and I will assure you of my utmost care.

With good wishes.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We spent a long weekend recently in Kellys. We have only been going for 18 years so we are not known as regulars by any of the staff!!!!!!!! This is so obvious in the dining room when the big 4 (Mr Kelly, Big Eddie and the other 2) are on their rounds. Mr Kelly might pour the wine and be gone in a split second, the other 3 hardly stop to take a breath at tables they dont know. We keep going back as we love to walk the beach and the food is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are really good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne B
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Anne B,

Many thanks for your call regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the food, however I was most upset and disappointed to hear both I and the team did not recognise you after all your support over the last 18 years.

Personally I rarely stay very long at any table, I do not wish to disturb anyone's meal, I like to be there for the customer if they have any issues and to make sure that they know that we care about them. I sincerely apologise if this was not your experience. I am not the greatest on names but I could guarantee you that I recognise 98% for customers who return, especially those who have given us the wonderful support you have over the years.

We try hard to keep the standards up and regret that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We look forward to your return visit, please contact me personally and I will assure you of our utmost care and attention.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us as we need every now and again to be “kept on our toes” and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

Best wishes and a happy Festive season.

Bill

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It was great to be back in Kelly's again. No other hotel anywhere in Ireland compares to it. Time after time this hotel does not disappoint, the staff are excellent, very polite but not overbearing, always willing to help and nothing is ever too much trouble, the fact that some of them have been working for Kelly's for 40 years plus says it all. This is the perfect hotel for everyone. The food is absolutely first class, so fresh and tasty and presentation is always second to none. All food requirements are catered for. For lunch and afternoon there's as much food as you can eat, all first class. Complementary tea and coffee available all day and well into the night from the restaurant/bar area where lunch is served. The rooms are excellent, very warm and comfortable and so quiet, not a sound to be heard and the little terraces are lovely too, would be very nice on a summers evening I'm sure. The drawing room inside main entrance on the left is ideal for taking time out and relaxing, with the lovely open fire blazing, so quiet and peaceful. Perfect for relaxing. The spa is one of the best I've been too, you'll know you're in good hands the very minute you step inside. Afterwards or beforehand you can use the spa relaxation area, which consists of heated sea water pool, part of which is out doors, therapy jets to work on pressure points to relieve tension, heated marble loungers, plunge pool, aroma steam room and lanconium. It's definitely a hotel that generations of families visit. Also what makes Kelly's outstanding are the little things, the attention to detail and the determination of staff to make sure you always have the nicest possible stay. Other hotels could learn a lot here. Well done Bill Kelly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary K

Dear Mary K,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s.

It certainly a great boost to us at the end of a busy season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see and passed on your kind words to the chefs and all the team.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future and wishing you a happy festive season.

Kind Regards,

Bill & The Kelly's Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Talbot Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!