“Is this the best hotel in all of Ireland?”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Wexford, Ireland
“Is this the best hotel in all of Ireland?”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have been meaning to write this review everytime that I return from Kellys but not being very computer literate the task has always seemed too daunting for me.Anyway I have finally got down to it and here are my thoughts. We spent some time in the hotel over St. Patricks weekend .From the minute you arrive in Kellys whether as a resident or non resident you immediately get this feeling of total relaxation and well being.We have travelled the world and can honestely say that we have never experienced this feeling anywhere else. From the lovely Mary at reception sourrounded by the beautuiful floral displays(I believe that the lady who used to do the flowers has recently retired so you have certainly discovered a worthy replacement) right through to the restaurant superbly skippered by the ever calm Pat Doyle to La Marine Bar where Paddy and Marty always have a friendly word ,to La Marine Bistro where the lovely Niamh and Betty are always so polite and attentive. and finally The Ivy Rooms where one can relax after dinner to entertainment every night of the week where Billy and Tom are part of the furniture.Despite the fact that we are not well known Tom and Billy never fail to acknowledge us with some kind words.It has always struck me that you must have a superb H.R. manager because your choice of staff in such vital positions is simply quite brilliant and here I must single out one person in particular and that is your manager Eddie. We observed him in La Marine Bar on the Saturday helping out behind the bar having a word with everyone and doing what only a very select few can do and that is to lead from the front. The enthusiasim that he shows for his job is the perfect way to teach junior and less experienced staff how to do what can be a difficult job at times very well. Eddie definitely has another career in staff training should he ever decide to retire from the day job!! I have not even mentioned the food yet.The menu is so diverse that one never gets tired of the fare and I canot recall ever being disappointed with any of the restaurants in the hotel.I cannot make any personal comment on either the Spa or the leisure facilities as I am not that sort of a person but my wife assures me that I will not be dissappointed should I ever decide to venture there!! In conclusion I must that in my opinion Kellys must be No. 1 in Ireland and probally the entire British Isles.

Room Tip: Although it has never bothered us if you like to retire early perhaps you should request a room away...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francis M
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Francis M,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your many visits to Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guest returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination "A home away from home".

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Eddie, Mary, Pat and all the team. Sheelagh Malone was on the management team here and unfortunately retired last season, however, we are most grateful that she still returns to look after the wonderful floral arrangements!

Look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.

Kind regards

Bill Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took the train from Dublin just to have lunch at this renowned venue and we were not disappointed! Located just a 10-minute walk from Rosslare Strand railway station, it was an easy stroll. Menu excellent and the rations were definitely not the product of mass industrial catering.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Smiler_8
bkellyRosslare, Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Smiler_8,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the good food and more importantly that my team looked after you well. The train journey from Dublin is a real hidden gem, beautiful views all the way along the coast!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards
Dublin
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We brought our mum for her 80th birthday. It was to be a mother and daughters night away, which we haven't done since we were children. The check in was a great irish welcome - both reception and the porter, who made us laugh. I loved the decor - bright, modern yet somehow traditional too with a cosy fire, seating and newspapers in the lobby. The flower arrangements and artwork were stunning. Unfortunately, soon after arrival mum started to feel unwell and this is really where Kelly's excelled - they couldn't do enough to help us. Simply - they were considerate, compassionate and understanding. I think when things go wrong, how a hotel deals with it shows the level of professionalism of the establishment - and they were flawless. We got to enjoy some of the facilities - a wine tasting, a short walk on the beach and a top rate dinner. We had to cut out trip short and our poor mum spent her birthday in hospital instead. She's on the mend now and we hope we can re-schedule our family celebration with Kelly's in the near future. And to the Kelly's management and staff - a heartfelt thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SiobhanDublin
Dear Siobhan,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. We were delighted you hear that you managed to enjoy your visit despite your Mum's illness on arrival.

I will pass on your kind comments to all the team and especially to Sheelagh for the beautiful flowers. We are happy to hear that you Mum is on the road to recovery.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future, we can catch up on those celebrations!

With good wishes.
dublin
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I am just back from a 3 night stay in Kellys with my sister and my mother and I have to say I most thoroughly enjoyed it. The overwhelming helpfulness from the staff is amazing. It was my sisters birthday during our stay and the staff went totally over and above in ensuring she had a great time and made her feel very special throughout our stay. The owner greeted us personally on many occasions and one evening there was a phone call from reception saying that Mr Kelly (Bill) had organised for my sister to have a spa treatment the following morning (her birthday). That was such a kind and thoughtful gesture and we were genuinely moved by his kindness. We were totally treated like royalty and the next day at the spa Emer and Susan again went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our day and treatments. Later that day at lunch , the most helpful , friendly and beautiful Laura , presented a gift for my sister together with a handwritten card for her birthday. Laura throughout the stay made us feel so special and welcomed and she is made for working in the hotel industry. Again that evening at dinner my sister was given a delicious birthday cake and happy birthday sang to her. She had such a special day.
Apart from all of these things the food is absolutely to die for and all the staff are so kind and friendly and nothing is too much effort for them so this is a hotel that is a rare rare experience of top service in Ireland. We will definitely be back. Thank you Kellys for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DublinKasey
Dear DublinKasey,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel once again lived up to your expectation. It was a pleasure to have Niamh here for such a special occasion.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Laura and indeed all the staff. It will certainly boost their morale at the start of a busy season.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
middle england
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We eat here a couple of times a year and are never disappointed. The bar is buzzing, the service impeccable, the choice of food is wide: it is always well prepared and presented. This last time was no exception so I thought I would share this with the wider audience and recommend this place to them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mottyandfluff
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Mottyandfluff,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the La Marine Bistro and we are delighted to hear that you enjoy the food, service and atmosphere of La Marine.

It certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see and passed on your kind comments to the La Marine team.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Bill Kelly & Team
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am just back from a one-night spa break in Kellys and booked a return visit on check-out! We booked the 'Lazy Bird' special at the Sea Spa and spent four hours having treatments, lunch and relaxing in the thermal suite. My therapist was wonderful and I felt completely rejuvenated on checking into the hotel at 3pm. Our room was located in the new part of the hotel and the beds were extremely comfortable. The large bath tub was separate to the shower. We enjoyed afternoon tea over-looking the sea before taking a walk on the beach. I then explored the leisure centre and relaxed in the outdoor hot tub. Dinner in Beaches restaurant was exceptional and afterwards we had tea in the piano bar before the entertainment and dancing began. The staff were wonderful and very friendly.

I would recommend Kellys to anyone, you will not be disappointed. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Orla G,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and the wonderful team in Seaspa.

It certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy summer season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Bill Kelly & Team
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I arrived on mon mar 3rd for 6 days and have been coming here for 31 years. It's my favorite hotel in Ireland. I love everything about it. You are never stuck for something to do. There are walks .golf .a brilliant spa .the pool .the hot tub .crazy golf and of course the food is to die for. Ballroom dancing with Flora was this weeks highlight and was great to watch. We are here with friends and have had a fabulous time. The staff are so good in everyway anticipating your needs and helping with golf arrangements . I loved the wine tasting this week and the nightly entertainment. Thanks Bill Eddy Pat Eamon and of course the beautiful Laura who will be a huge asset to this lovely hotel

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank gabriel31
Dear Gabriel31,

Many thanks for your very kind comments on Tripadvisor.

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority. It is especially rewarding when we see the same guests returning after 31 years! I will pass on your comments to all the team and especially that new girl Laura!!

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back next year, in the meantime take it easy.

With good wishes.

Bill Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!