“I think Kelly's is now my favourite hotel anywhere”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was expecting good things of Kelly's but the actual experience was beyond my hopes. I have nothing negative to say about Kelly's at all. Our room was lovely, overlooking the tennis court and gardens, I had a wonderful spa treatment and then the food.....! On our first night I was dithering over my choice then said "Oh well, I'll have that tomorrow," only to discover that there is a fresh menu every single night. I think my scallops with risotto was one of the best dishes I've ever eaten in my life. They say 'the farmer's boot is the best manure' and by the same token the constant presence of the boss ensures the excellence which is everywhere here. Then, what about the free art exhibition?

Room Tip: The garden side must provide the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank AlfredaBelize
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear AlfredaBelize,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is certainly a great boost to hear that Kelly's is now your 'favourite hotel anywhere'. I will pass on all your kind comments to the kitchen, as well as the rest of the staff.

Hope to welcome you back to Kelly's in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at this wonderful hotel and we had a fabulous time. We had a room overlooking the beautiful gardens and sea and from start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We ate in Beaches restaurant and the bistro and the food was delicious. There were guests of all ages staying and although we didn't have any children or grandchildren with us we would love to return with them as we enjoyed the family atmosphere. There are so many different seating areas in the hotel that its easy to find a quiet spot if that's what you want. We were extremely lucky with the weather too, which was the icing on the cake! We have stayed in many lovely hotels all over the world and this hotel compares favourably to all of them in our experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Barney1137
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Barney1137,

I would like to thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor comments. Myself and all the staff are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have to opportunity to welcome you and the rest of your family back to Kelly's in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Hi Guys,
We have just returned from two nights in the 5 star Castlemartyr Resort Hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful but the let down for us was the food.Breakfast was poor, fried eggs where greasy, brown and just fired on top of one another. Dinner was average, fillet steaks not cooked properly and tasteless.
Compared with Kelly's Resort Hotel Wexford which we have stayed in many times I would put Kelly's way above the Castlemartyr. Kelly's food is far superior with excellent staff and facilities.

Kelly's wins hands down for us

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tipp63

Dear Tipp63,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about Kelly's. We are delighted that you find the food, facilities and staff to be excellent. It is certainly a great boost for us at the start of a busy season.

We hope to have to pleasure of welcoming you back to Kelly's again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a lovely weekend in Kelly's. Staff are very friendly. Rooms spacious and clean, just lacking tea/coffee making facilities. Food excellent, plenty of choice. Spa was lovely, very relaxing. Children not allowed in restaurant evening time. They are fed earlier in the Ivy room followed by entertainment. (great idea)

Room Tip: Ask for room facing beach. Rooms to front can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joan O

Dear Joan O,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that you found the team at Kelly's very friendly.

If you stay with us in the future, please make sure to request one of our hospitality trays with all the tea/coffee making facilities. We have trays ready for any room that may request it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently for my birthday as my husband had always heard me going on about my previous visits and booked it as a surprise for me. On arrival we were brought to our room which was sea view and as rooms go it was nice. As this was not my first time here I knew what to expect but this was my husbands and he was disappointed that there was no tea coffee making facilities in the room, ( I know you can request it but should you have to in this day and age ) We decided to eat in our roomy hat evening as we had a late flight the night before. The meal arrived and to say it looked like it had been sitting under the hot lamps would be an under statement but as I said we so tired we just left it. Breakfast the next morning we had was average , the toaster really needs to be dumped it either does the bread too little or burns it and standing waiting over 10 mins for two pieces is crazy. We had a lovely pleasant day on the beach and using the spa facilities which the staff were very helpful and explained all procedures to us. We had dinner that evening in the beaches restaurant , pleasant enough. We didn't know 9 was the last sitting and when we arrived at 9:20pm we were still accommodated. Overall we felt our stay was average and we know that the Kelly family has built up a reputation over the years for good hospitality and fine food however I feel since my last visit to my previous visits over the years I find the hotel is like on a conveyor belt with food and its feeling dated ( the evening music/ entertainment dreadful several comments from other guests were "ah sure we just sit in the corridor to avoid the noise") and yes they seem to have the same loyal customers that return year after year because
as one of these returning customers said " we come to just sleep and eat". One last point about our stay was one of my family had called ahead of our arrival to notify the hotel that it was a birthday and could they do a cake for me they were told yes they were aware it was land mark birthday and they would do a cake at our evening meal. I'm still waiting on it! There was no mention of it at all.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank ingobear

Dear Ingobear,

We were extremely disappointed by your poor review of Kelly’s Resort on Trip Advisor. I can understand your annoyance regarding your Birthday Cake and would like to sincerely apologise for this omission. I regret that we did not live up to your expectations in a few area of your stay with us this visit, it was certainly a big change from the glowing review you gave the hotel in 2013.

I understand and appreciate your comments in relation to coffee making facilities, for safety reasons with children staying, we only put hospitality trays in on request. I will make note on your file so it will be in your room on arrival for any future visit. We will review this for 2015 as we get a number of similar comments on Trip Advisor. Again my apologies for the room service food, it normally arrives very fresh, as we take one course at a time to each room. It is a pity you did not bring it to our attention at the time, it is difficult to investigate 4 weeks later, but I will speak to all the kitchen and room service team to avoid a similar occurrence.

The breakfast buffet toaster is an issue for us too, as guests tend to change the dial for brown bread, croissants etc, unfortunately one cannot fix the temperature as the cooking time changes according to the ambient temperature. We are aware of this intermittent problem and will seek a solution. You will be happy to hear we have just introduced a whole new entertainment programme for the summer, with some fantastic musicians from all around the country.

I am extremely annoyed that you did not receive your cake and champagne, it was noted in our diary and the restaurant Manager was unable to locate you on the evening in question. My sincere apologies, I will be in touch directly to explain what happened.

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We hope you will give us the chance at some future date to redeem ourselves, please contact me personally on (053) 9132001 or bkelly@kellys.ie . Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we need every now and again to be kept on our toes and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

With good wishes.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my fourth time to beaches this year for Sunday lunch we travel 2 hrs each way for this treat .It always is a wonderful friendly experience. Food is always brilliant and plentiful .staff are friendly approachable and professional . Could not ask for a better restaurant only wish I could stay sometime .thankyou again for a lovely day yesterday

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Murraygrainne

Dear Murraygrainne,

Thank you so much from your lovely review. It gives me great pleasure to know that you like Beaches restaurant so much, you are willing to drive 2hrs. Thank you very much for your business, I will certainly pass on your comments to the beaches team.

Hopefully we will see you back in Kelly's again soon, maybe even to stay with us next time.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First time here....had heard loads bout it.... Checked in here on St Patricks day and yes there was some kids but they are not allowed in the restaurant at night so did not bother me too much.... hotel aiming to be all things to all people. Old style service in restaurant... loved little spaces for just sitting and reading... Spa was lovely... Reception nothing out of ordinary... Small little things need to be addressed like info for 1st timers at reception and dress code for restaurant... would go back and bring extended family....

Room Tip: New rooms over spa with sea view with floor to ceiling window.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank glenpol
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Glenpol,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had a lovely time in the SeaSpa.

I would also like to thank you for highlighting the point about dress code in the dining room, we will be sure to better inform first time guests about our smart dress code.

Look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your extended family back in the future.

Kindest regards,
Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Rosslare
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!