“Over and above expectations!”

Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rosslare
Wilmington, Delaware
“Over and above expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here before taking the night ferry to Fishguard, Wales. The staff was beyond accommodating. We got caught in the rain while taking a walk on the beach, and the woman at the pool area kindly volunteered to wash and dry our soaking clothes! We enjoyed the incredible aquatic center, and had a fantastic lunch fit for royalty! The staff is uber professional and you get the sense that their mission is to make sure their guests are delighted with their experience at Kelly's! I could tell there were many families there who made it a tradition to return to the spa year after year. I can see why!

1 Thank ChristineKegs
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear ChristineKegs,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely letter on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us before setting sail on the ferry.

It certainly gives us a great sense of achievement to know that we went over and above your expectations. I have posted your review on the staff notice board for all to see.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kelly's Resort again in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Bill Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my second stay at Kelly's Hotel. My Husband and I booked just one night as a special treat. When we arrived, our room wasn't ready, but I can understand that as no one wants to check out of Kelly's early. This means of course that rooms aren't ready early in the day. However our bags were taken in and we were advised to relax in the bar.The staff phoned us later to tell us our room was ready for us. We met lovely people from all walks of life. It almost seems like only nice friendly people go to kelly's Hotel. The new barman called Barry was very pleasant and went out of his way to be as helpful as possible. Whoever trains the staff at Kelly's dose a great job. The staff are second to none. Every one of them is helpful and friendly. I have been in many hotels over the years and this is the only hotel where the staff are consistently pleasant. Even as we were leaving, the lady cleaning the rooms stopped to say "I hope you enjoyed your stay with us" and she said it like she meant it. I particularly like how the owner actually asks how everything is. i have no doubt that if anything was wrong, he would sort it. I also imagine, he feels confident asking, as he knows full well that his Hotel is run perfectly. The room was fabulous, very comfortable, overlooking the tennis court and sea. I had a great night's sleep. It goes without saying that the food was lovely as well.I can't wait for my Birthday, as I plan to go back to celebrate it there. Needless to say, we didn't check out early either.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over the tennis court. The views are lovely, really peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnneMarieIrl
Dear AnneMarieIrl

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your second stay at Kelly’s.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Barry and indeed the rest of the team. Your comments about the team will certainly boost their morale at the start of a busy season.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Kelly's for a third visit.

Yours sincerely,
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We just had a wonderful day in the sunny south east with lunch at Kelly's as the centerpiece.

Based on the price charged I suggest lunch in 'Bar' area at the back of the hotel it is self service. Take your lunch up stairs on to the terrace and watch the day go bye. Wonderful and the staff were so helpful.

Well done Kelly's again

Room Tip: Did not stay this time but rooms overlooking the beach must be best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Donalandjoan,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the buffet lunch in Kelly's Resort. Happy to see that you enjoyed your lunch on the terrace overlooking the beach and harbour. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the staff in the buffet restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

What makes it so nice to stay there is the fact that the staff and management do genuinely care about your satisfaction and comfort, and they show by actions not just words.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we will go back whenever we have a chance to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank krietik
Dear Krietik,

Thank you very much from your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Kelly's and more importantly that you were well look cared for by the staff. I will certainly pass your compliments onto all the team; we do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kelly's again.

Best wishes,
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was expecting good things of Kelly's but the actual experience was beyond my hopes. I have nothing negative to say about Kelly's at all. Our room was lovely, overlooking the tennis court and gardens, I had a wonderful spa treatment and then the food.....! On our first night I was dithering over my choice then said "Oh well, I'll have that tomorrow," only to discover that there is a fresh menu every single night. I think my scallops with risotto was one of the best dishes I've ever eaten in my life. They say 'the farmer's boot is the best manure' and by the same token the constant presence of the boss ensures the excellence which is everywhere here. Then, what about the free art exhibition?

Room Tip: The garden side must provide the best view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AlfredaBelize
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear AlfredaBelize,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is certainly a great boost to hear that Kelly's is now your 'favourite hotel anywhere'. I will pass on all your kind comments to the kitchen, as well as the rest of the staff.

Hope to welcome you back to Kelly's in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at this wonderful hotel and we had a fabulous time. We had a room overlooking the beautiful gardens and sea and from start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We ate in Beaches restaurant and the bistro and the food was delicious. There were guests of all ages staying and although we didn't have any children or grandchildren with us we would love to return with them as we enjoyed the family atmosphere. There are so many different seating areas in the hotel that its easy to find a quiet spot if that's what you want. We were extremely lucky with the weather too, which was the icing on the cake! We have stayed in many lovely hotels all over the world and this hotel compares favourably to all of them in our experience.

5 Thank Barney1137
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Barney1137,

I would like to thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor comments. Myself and all the staff are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have to opportunity to welcome you and the rest of your family back to Kelly's in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Co. Tipperary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hi Guys,
We have just returned from two nights in the 5 star Castlemartyr Resort Hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful but the let down for us was the food.Breakfast was poor, fried eggs where greasy, brown and just fired on top of one another. Dinner was average, fillet steaks not cooked properly and tasteless.
Compared with Kelly's Resort Hotel Wexford which we have stayed in many times I would put Kelly's way above the Castlemartyr. Kelly's food is far superior with excellent staff and facilities.

Kelly's wins hands down for us

4 Thank tipp63
Dear Tipp63,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about Kelly's. We are delighted that you find the food, facilities and staff to be excellent. It is certainly a great boost for us at the start of a busy season.

We hope to have to pleasure of welcoming you back to Kelly's again in the near future.

Bill Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 6 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,560 reviews

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!