“Blissful mother and daughter escape in Kelly's Sea Spa Lazy Bird”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I took my daughter on completion of her 4 year software engineering degree to Kelly's Sea Spa on the Lazy Bird deal. I had some concerns as the deal included lunch, and my daughter is a vegan, who hates when any fuss is made of this issue. We had a rainforest shower, I had the mint, and she had the lavender, in the sizable showers, which was a very relaxing start to the day. We relaxed on the warmed shaped loungers while we waited for our massages. The full body and head massage was a deeply relaxing experience, with the therapist being particularly therapeutic, in that she knew when to speak and when not to speak. Sublimely relaxing. It was completed ten minutes before our lunch hour. We were told we could wear our robes to lunch, in the Iveagh room and as it was only for an hour. I was so relaxed I went , where lunch in my robe and with my hair treatment in situ. The room had a nice buzz, and we found two winged chairs in a discreet area, where we didn't feel too conspicuous. There was an informal atmosphere in the room, and there were others in robes at the self service dining room. A vast array of delights tempted us for the lunch with serving, help and assistance as needed. I had the salmon, and a waldorf salad, and Kelly's signature brown bread. My daughter was told her lunch would take ten minutes and my heart sank as I'd visions of us being due back for our facials when hers would be served. A freshly cooked non-egg tagliatelli was well worth the ten minute wait. Cranberry and an array of fresh vegetables was served with a spicy sauce, making an unusual and delicious meal. After a few minutes the chef who cooked it came out to meet her, and discuss the ingredients used, including showing her the sauce he had used. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and I sampled the fresh fruit salad and cream. My camomile tea, was the most delicious I had ever tasted. Returning at two we had to wait a few minutes, during which we got the opportunity to read up on the fabulous art collection we had been admiring. The facial had neck and decolletage aromatherapy and was lovely. I found having my lips massaged however unpleasant, accompanied by pins and needles and numbness sensations. When I reported this to the therapist, she told me not to worry that these feelings showed that the cream was working. It continued to feel unpleasant however, and if going again, I would insist on not having this element of the facial.
After the facial we were told we could stay as long as we wished in the thermal suite, which was very pleasant. The thalassotherapy pool could have been a bit warmer. I had been in it on a previous occasion in the middle of summer, when it was balmy. On this occasion I found it quite cool. After swimming I warmed up but it was not warm enough to just lounge being massaged by the various jets of water.
Good value for €120 including lunch. I would definitely return but in reasonably warm weather

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Thatword,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I will certainly pass your lovely compliments to our spa team and chef.

I will also speak with our Spa Manager regarding the Seawater Vitality Pool temperature. If there are extreme weather conditions outside this could have an adverse effect, but this rarely happens. However, we can increase the pool temperature in these conditions. I sincerely apologise that this did not happen.

I am sorry you had an experience with part of the facial, on very rare occasions people can get a reaction to the product but normally ESPA products suit all skin types as they completely natural plant and marine extracts, which are extremely nourishing and suitable for even the most sensitive skin. I will certainly speak to ESPA regarding this.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back for another spa day where we will ensure you of our utmost care and attention.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my young family stay in Kelly's for 5 days every year.
I was concerned about the costs the first year we stayed as they're fairly steep BUT all costs are warranted. Nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff.
The food, so much food, is delicious. The beach is beautiful. The kids club and daily disco are safe and fun. The spa is sublime.
All in all a gem and worth every penny.
But- if you're a young couple/group of people looking for a wild weekend go elsewhere as the pace is fairly sedate and the after dinner musical entertainment is a bit waltzy.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lynda C
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Lynda C,

We would like to thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. It brings us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that ‘nothing was too much trouble’ for the staff. I have passed on your complements to the team who were delighted, as we pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that each guests enjoys their stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to Kelly’s again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kellys hotel has been family-owned for generations and the current owners are confident enough of their product to be seen working, meeting and greeting in the hotel on a daily basis.
The hotel is run on the lines of a cruise ship - with one meal running into another (provided you are full board) and the choice of buffet-style or waiter-service meals. The food was exceptional - I felt - really good quality and well-prepared and presented.
The hotel has two indoor swimming pools as well as sauna, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi plus gym. There are games rooms, library, tv room as well as other relaxation areas around the resort. In the summer season there is a kids club and outdoor play area for the children. Various loungers, tables, chairs are dotted inside and outside the hotel for guests to sit and watch the world go by while waiting for the next meal/snack. There's private access down to the sandy beach. Entertainment is provided every evening, although we didnt take advantage of it so I can't be sure of the quality.
In short, there seems to be something for everyone and the addition of the sea spa (a newish extension) means you can indulge in a bit of luxury while there.
I felt the standard of cleanliness and service was exceptional and the whole facility was run in a streamlined fashion.
A couple of gripes - the tv in our room was old and had very poor sound quality and the DVD player ( a bonus) curiously had no remote so was difficult to operate. Hospitality trays are available but you have to request them and trying to get them refurbished was difficult. I waited 2 hours and made 2 requests before I could get coffee sachets and milk cartons.
I am also a little uncomfortable with the addition of a service charge on the bill - in our case an extra £136 on the bill. I note that mr Kelly has responded to previous comments saying this is widely advertised prior to booking but I beg to differ. We booked via telephone and were never advised of the charge either by confirmation of booking or at the booking in stage. While I don't begrudge the staff the money, it does make the final bill more expensive than expected and I don't think we are the only ones to be surprised by this addition.however, even with this 'extra' I think we had good value for money and would certainly return as the overall experience was a really pleasant and relaxing time with attentive staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sooz16,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food, facilities and more importantly that you were well looked after by the team. I have passed on your complements to the staff, it will certainly boost their morale at the end of a busy season.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback. We are now in the process of checking the TV’s and remotes in all rooms and hope to replace any that are not up to standard over the coming months. I sincerely apologise for the long wait with your hospitality tray, this should certainly not have taken so long. We prefer to provide hospitality trays on request, as they can be hazardous when there are young children in the rooms. In regards to the service charge, we do appreciate your comments. It is a difficult change as it has been in operation for over 70years in the hotel, with all service charge going directly to the staff. However, you should have been notified of this at the time of booking. We have spoken to all the reservation staff to prevent this from happening again and the confirmation emails now state the rate, as well as the service charge
Thank you again for your feedback, as it is only with such information that we can strive to improve the service and facilities at Kelly’s Resort Hotel. We hope to welcome back to Kelly’s again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had the good luck of staying there for 3 nights in July when temperatures were up in the mid-twenties. It's a really nice hotel for families with lots of activities for children. Walks on the beach are great and the indoor pool is beautiful. Restaurant and food is catered to larger groups. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mariane V,

Thank you for posting a lovely review on Trip Advisor. You kind comments are certainly appreciated by all the staff.

The sun is still shining here in Rosslare, it has been a fantastic summer. The golden beach, glistening seawater, numerous facilities makes Kelly's an ideal holiday location for all the family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kelly's soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent 2 nights at kelly's Hotel and this was my first stay. I have previously gone there to dine at Beaches restaurant with my Mother. This was a whole different experience for me though. My Mother swears by Kelly's always providing a service "second to none" as my Mother would say This time I came with my Mother. It was a special treat for us as we are both going back to college in September. I particularly wanted this weekend to be special for my Mam as she has been very ill with Cancer this past year and I thought she deserved something special.
When we arrived, our reception was wonderful. They were so friendly and welcoming. Some of the porter people seemed to recognize my Mam but they were equally as friendly towards me. So far so good I thought. We relaxed in the sitting room for a while and when the lad called Fergal came in to see about setting the fire, he put so much effort into not disturbing us with unnecessary noise, that I was quite touched. The service and food was exceptional in the restaurant, It seems mean to mention only some as they were all wonderful, but I do have to mention David. he was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. His memory is great too, considering that they were so busy. he had the knack of continuing a conversation that we had started on the previous meal. he's quite a treasure for Kelly's to have found.Paul was another who was just so funny in the morning times. A real character. Another Character was Tomas. He has a great sense of humor. My Mam loved him. He made her laugh a lot. We had a glass of wine before dinner on the terrace. This was lovely and the guy called Alberic was so kind, offering to put the parasol up for Mam as the sun was out and quite strong. We didn't even have to ask him. Phil at reception was so pleasant to Mam and I. She took the time to comment on how lovely Mam looked.My Mam likes to "dress" for dinner and indeed she puts every effort into putting on her very best long elegant dresses for Kelly's. Phil wouldn't have known, but her nice compliment to Mam was important for me as Mam lost all her lovely blond hair to Cancer treatment and has lost a little of her confidence just lately. She doesn't believe her new hair has grown back as good as her previous hair. How do Kelly's staff seem to know just the right thing to say?
We used the leisure facilities. That was a very peaceful experience for both of us. The Canadian Hot tub is overlooking the beach which was lovely. The swimming pool had a nice temperature. For a very busy hotel, these facilities were not crowded at all, which was surprising. We didn't have to wait for showers or wait for anything really. Fantastic! The towels provided were clean and dry and smelled fresh.
The room we were in was great. We had booked this quite late, so a room with a sea view was not expected. My Mam especially wanted a sea view as she finds looking at the sea very peaceful and spends a lot of her time these days just walking on the beach. So to be given a room like this was something special.
And basically, that is why I am going to try and take Mam here again next year. Because Kelly's is something special. It didn't let me down. My mam goes on and on about Kelly's hotel after she's been but now I know why. I've worked all summer to pay for this holiday for my Mam, but I have to say, it was worth every penny and Kelly's have earned another convert. I may only be nineteen, but when i leave college and get a job, I'll be back here, certainly.
Thanks to everyone at kelly's for a lovely break away.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms over the tennis courts as they also have a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank NiamhieH
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear NiamhieH,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are delighted that both you and your mother enjoyed your two nights with us at Kelly's. It brings us great pleasure to know that you felt well looked after by the team and that we helped create a memorable trip for you both. I have passed on your complements to all the staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your mother back to Kelly's in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We were to catch the boat to the UK on Friday early so decided to stay a night at Kelly's so we could begin our holiday a wee bit early!

To say it was wonderful doesn't describe it well enough - everything was perfect! The room, the service from check in through to the fabulous entertainment!!

If you get a chance to see the group doing Magic of the Movies do your self a favour and go to the bar and listen the world class entertainment - you won't be sorry!

We were lucky because apparently they are normally there on Wednesdays but for some reason they were there on Thursday!

Great experience just wish I was there longer......

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AussiePete56

Dear AussiePete56,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overnight at Kelly's.

We are receiving great reviews regarding "Hits from the Movies" it is a fantastic cabaret. They are also here on Sunday evenings with "Magic of the Musicals", another great show.

Next time I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company for longer.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We returned to Kelly's again this year for the forth year in a row, but left feeling some what disappointed. No one can take away from the fabulous location and the beautiful grounds, but the service fell short.

When booking we requested a double room with cot and confirmed the cot request twice with reservations. On arrival there was no cot. To cut a long and frustrating story short, we had to ask a member of staff plus phone down and go to reception three times, to finally receive a cot at 22.35 six hours after first trying. Each time we were told it was on its way and waited a hour or two before retrying again.

On our second day I ordered a sandwich and to describe it as miserable would be kind, not a single piece of dressing or presentation went into this sandwich. Nothing not even one piece of parsley. Just two slices of roughly cut bread and ham. No effort or care and €7.75 for the experience. The girl even advised me that she was not sure if I would even get a sandwich as it was coming close to dinner. Despite it clearly stating they were available 24hrs.

On my third and last day I went to the leisure center only to find the pool half drained and closed for maintenance. I understand sometimes unexpected maintenance is required but there was no sign up and no one even bothered telling me anything when I was getting my towel. Nothing not it will be fixed in the morning or sorry about that, just have you a hat.

Finally when I checked out on my forth and last day I noticed my bill was overcharged by €65.

This year I felt like a repeat customer that Kelly's no longer wanted. There were some other smaller issues that I did not bother describing but will simply try somewhere different next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Gerard999
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Gerard,

I would like to thank you for taking my phone call yesterday.

We were so disappointed to read your comments on Trip Advisor, as it was obvious that the service you received was not adequate and such incidents should not have happened.
I fully understand your frustrations and would like to sincerely apologise because what you describe is certainly not the type of service that we at Kelly’s pride ourselves on.

We have spoken to the staff about the cot incident and are now putting in place a new process to ensure this does not happen again in the future. In regards to the sandwiches, we have discussed the issue with the staff and the menu is currently being revised.
I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is so important to us. Such feedback keeps us ‘on our toes’ and enables us to keep re-evaluating the service that we provide.

Again I would like to say we really regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only ask you to accept our sincerest apology. Your repeat business at Kelly’s is so important to us and we love seeing guests returning year after year. We hope you will give us the chance at some future date to redeem ourselves.

Yours sincerely,

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Talbot Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!