“beautiful hotel”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Wow, this is the crème de la crème of hotels in the south east. It has the location of course , and we visited for lunch . Absolutely lovely, staff were lovely , could not fault it. We will return. The fish course was melt in the mouth and as the fish is fresh off the trawlers , you can be guaranteed quality.

3  Thank Helen c
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Helen c,

Thank you for your lovely comment on trip advisor. We were honoured to be referred to as the "Crème de la Crème" of hotels. It is certainly a boost to us at the end of a busy summer season.

I will certainly pass you compliments to our team in the Kitchen. The fish is sourced locally, fresh from Kilmore Quay a nearby fishing village.

We look forward to welcoming back again in the very near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We didn't stay here on this occasion but dined in the Beaches Restaurant. It was nothing short of an excellent experience. The care and attention of the staff was first rate and the quality and presentation of the food second to none. Will definitely return to stay and to enjoy the spa and nearby golfing facilities.

1  Thank DC1970
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear DC1970,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal in Beaches Restaurant. I will certainly pass your kind comments on to the Diningroom and Kitchen team.

We do hope you will get the opportunity to stay with us where we will assure you of our utmost care and attention.

You sincerely,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We couldn't get a room unfortunately (booked out) so stayed locally. We dined in the bistro on Friday night and it was exceptional. The staff were absolutely brilliant. Friendly, talkative, nothing a problem.
We went down to the 'Ivy Room' for the entertainment. A four piece band (on no I thought, this is going to blow our ears off). Well what a surprise. We could talk without shouting, and could still hear the band which was absolutely brilliant. They played EVERYTHING - suited everyone from 8 to 80, and the floor was full with teenagers and older people - and all having a great time. I met 'Emma' one of the singers afterwards, and such a down to earth nice person.
The staff in the Ivy Room were just a good as the staff in the bistro. Plenty of staff serving drinks to the tables (if you didn't want to go to the bar). Prices comparable to usual hotels, but competitive to hotels of a similar standard.
All in all, we were very impressed, and hopefully can do a getaway here in the future. (I'm told they have music and entertainment seven nights a week, all year round!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FrequentBBuser
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear FrequentBBuser,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening at La Marine.

Our after dinner cabaret show in the Ivy Room is new for the summer months, they perform on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. The show has been very well received by our guests and diners, well worth seeing. We do have nightly entertainment 7 nights a week all year round; however, it changes from season to season.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Over the past thirty odd years my wife and I have travelled all over Ireland and stayed in loads hotels we have always heard of Kelly's resort hotel and I can even remember my father and mother staying in it many years ago.So when my wife and I were staying in Wicklow we decided to go and look at it.Although I did not stay in it it all seemed very relaxing and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.Talking with the receptionist she was very polite and helpful.Although it seemed good value to stay in it I was disappointed with the price of two orange cordials' at 3 euros 50 I thought was a bit steep most places we have been to don't even charge for it and the most I have paid before this was 1 euro 50 for two but on the plus side it has a lovely setting on it's own private beach.One never knows I might stay in it one day like my father many years ago.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Judgeray,

Thank you for your lovely compliments on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Kelly's, if only for a day trip.

I will certainly investigate the cordial charge, however, you can appreciate if we did not charge something our bar trade for soft drinks would disappear completely!! I will certainly take your comment on board.

I do hope you will get the opportunity to stay with us where we will certainly assure you of our utmost care and attention.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had been trying to get to Kelly’s for ages, it has a great reputation.
I left it too late to secure accommodation so decided to book dinner in the Beaches Restaurant and a spa treatment for the morning. We stayed in a local hotel on a room only basis and had planned to have breakfast at Kelly’s also.
We arrived at 7.30pm. The dining room was large and pleasantly decorated with eye-catching arty pieces. It was almost empty at that time and so looked a bit large and daunting. We were shown to our table for two in a far distant corner of the room. Initially this seemed ideal but soon after, as the tables close to us were all large groups it became almost too noisy for us to speak to each other.
We ordered wine and were given menus. I chose the duck starter and the hake to follow, my friend also had the hake but preceded by mushroom soup. I found the food to be very average. My starter was tasty and looked appetising but the hake was insipid and bland and I felt, undercooked a tad. The fish was served with a massive new potato in its jacket and some baby carrots which looked rather sad alone in a dish. Presentation was definitely lacking. My friend was unimpressed with her soup – when asked if everything was alright we said yes, it was alright but one expects more from a set menu at €43.50. Alright is mediocre. Not good. Also we were not offered an A la Carte menu. There was almost no time between when we received the menus and ordered, the starters arrived in seconds and the main course was also served swiftly…too swiftly.
I believe it was the proprietor who handed us a dessert menu whilst at the same time continuing his conversation with those sitting at an adjacent table. This was disconcerting for us. He appeared to be totally inattentive and we felt that we were not being treated as well as those staying as guests. After dessert no one came near us.
It said on the menu that coffee would be served in the Ivy room so we stood up and made our way out. We lingered at the exit for some time before deciding to leave. We approached the reception desk and asked directions to the Ivy room and also if we could settle our bill. We paid the bill €113.00 which we felt was a huge waste of money as apart from my starter nothing else was really enjoyed. We had our coffee in the Ivy room where the waitress came running in to check that we had paid. We assured her we had. The waitress was blameless. We left.
The next day we ate a lovely breakfast at a different venue. We didn’t feel like Kelly’s again but we did arrive for pre-booked spa treatments. I had a back massage by Rachel. She was excellent, no fuss, knew her stuff and the spa itself is lovely. A little expensive at €41.80 for thirty minutes but I couldn’t fault the actual treatment. My friend had a pedicure and I think she was happy too.
While waiting on my friend I sat in the garden and I must say that was very nice. The weather was great and the surroundings impressive but the food was just not up to the mark for us on that Tuesday night. What a shame as it had been a long awaited visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank mayigo
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Mayigo,

We were most upset and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner on Tuesday evening. Personally I was not here that evening, but it should not change the level of service or welcome you received on arrival. My apologies that it fell short of our normal standards.

We only offer a Table d’hôte menu in Beaches Restaurant and we do not have an a la carte menu, the selection changes daily with fresh fish and local produce each day. However, we do offer a la carte option in La Marine Restaurant.

We have taken note of your comments relating to the food in Beaches Restaurant it is a pity that you did not mention it during your meal when we checked your table, we would have certainly rectified the situation immediately. I have shown your letter to our Executive Chef Eugene Callaghan and his team, who assure me that they will do the utmost to improve the quality of food we serve in hotel. In general, I would have to say that Eugene’s food has been very well received since his arrival in Beaches, however, from your comments it was not the case on this occasion. We pride ourselves in maintaining a very high standard at all times, this was certainly not the case with your visit.

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only ask you to accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience. I do hope you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves at some future date. Please contact me personally and I will assure you of our utmost care and attention.

Manager/Director

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a wonderful time.All staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautifully decorated and very cosy. We ate in the dining room and the food was delicious and the service excellent.
Our room was very comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking the front and it was wonderful sitting out last thing at night and first thing in the morning. The grounds were lovely particularly the walkway at the back overlooking the beach. While it may have seemed expensive when booking it proved to be value for money.

2  Thank Misneach59

Dear Misneach59,

Thank you for your lovely message on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Kelly's.

Your kind comments are certainly a boost to us all in midst of a busy season.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I took my daughter on completion of her 4 year software engineering degree to Kelly's Sea Spa on the Lazy Bird deal. I had some concerns as the deal included lunch, and my daughter is a vegan, who hates when any fuss is made of this issue. We had a rainforest shower, I had the mint, and she had the lavender, in the sizable showers, which was a very relaxing start to the day. We relaxed on the warmed shaped loungers while we waited for our massages. The full body and head massage was a deeply relaxing experience, with the therapist being particularly therapeutic, in that she knew when to speak and when not to speak. Sublimely relaxing. It was completed ten minutes before our lunch hour. We were told we could wear our robes to lunch, in the Iveagh room and as it was only for an hour. I was so relaxed I went , where lunch in my robe and with my hair treatment in situ. The room had a nice buzz, and we found two winged chairs in a discreet area, where we didn't feel too conspicuous. There was an informal atmosphere in the room, and there were others in robes at the self service dining room. A vast array of delights tempted us for the lunch with serving, help and assistance as needed. I had the salmon, and a waldorf salad, and Kelly's signature brown bread. My daughter was told her lunch would take ten minutes and my heart sank as I'd visions of us being due back for our facials when hers would be served. A freshly cooked non-egg tagliatelli was well worth the ten minute wait. Cranberry and an array of fresh vegetables was served with a spicy sauce, making an unusual and delicious meal. After a few minutes the chef who cooked it came out to meet her, and discuss the ingredients used, including showing her the sauce he had used. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and I sampled the fresh fruit salad and cream. My camomile tea, was the most delicious I had ever tasted. Returning at two we had to wait a few minutes, during which we got the opportunity to read up on the fabulous art collection we had been admiring. The facial had neck and decolletage aromatherapy and was lovely. I found having my lips massaged however unpleasant, accompanied by pins and needles and numbness sensations. When I reported this to the therapist, she told me not to worry that these feelings showed that the cream was working. It continued to feel unpleasant however, and if going again, I would insist on not having this element of the facial.
After the facial we were told we could stay as long as we wished in the thermal suite, which was very pleasant. The thalassotherapy pool could have been a bit warmer. I had been in it on a previous occasion in the middle of summer, when it was balmy. On this occasion I found it quite cool. After swimming I warmed up but it was not warm enough to just lounge being massaged by the various jets of water.
Good value for €120 including lunch. I would definitely return but in reasonably warm weather

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Thatword,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I will certainly pass your lovely compliments to our spa team and chef.

I will also speak with our Spa Manager regarding the Seawater Vitality Pool temperature. If there are extreme weather conditions outside this could have an adverse effect, but this rarely happens. However, we can increase the pool temperature in these conditions. I sincerely apologise that this did not happen.

I am sorry you had an experience with part of the facial, on very rare occasions people can get a reaction to the product but normally ESPA products suit all skin types as they completely natural plant and marine extracts, which are extremely nourishing and suitable for even the most sensitive skin. I will certainly speak to ESPA regarding this.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back for another spa day where we will ensure you of our utmost care and attention.

Kind regards
Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!