I really did not enjoy my stay at kellys for a number of reasons. You pay much more than you should for a below average experience.
1. The Staff, esp Reception are rude, and have no concept of customer service. When I called to book my stay the reception staff greet you in an abrupt impolite manner and give you the impression that your very call is an inconvenience. On arrival at the hotel, after a long journey, laden with bags as the hotel car park is across the road, the bell boy iognored my feeble attempts to push open the door and didn't make onw move to help. I was "greeted", or rther grunted at by a grumpy rude woman at reception who then informs me that the promised sea view is not possible, and that it cant be helped.
2. The food is terrible
As most packages to the hotel are all inclusive, the hotel makes the most of this opportunity to provide cheap bad quality food- main courses were absolutely foul-cold meat dishes were smothered in sauces or "jus"!!. With which you are served yellow broccoli, and cold mashed potatoes.
3.Rooms are plain, no mini-bar, nothing special. The Bathroom floor in my room was dirty.
4. Children run amok through the hotel all day and night. Parents seems to take to the bar and allow their offspring to run races up and down every corridor at all times of the day and night.
5. The spa is small, average, and only available for 1hr prior to an expensive treatment.
6.Management dont care if you have a complaint. after one complaint (about food)we gave up.....the also forgot our newspaper order and a host of other small mistakes that proved annoying.
7. Rosslare is a pretty unspectacular destination in iteslf.
My advice, save your money. There are many nicer hotels throughout Ireland offering spectacularly better service and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1895 the Kelly Family has personally overseen this truly fine beach side resort hotel. Locally produced food, specially selected wines and nightly entertainment are very much part of the tradition as well as tennis, snooker, bowls, croquet and a choice of local championship golf links. Pamper yourself and relax in our luxurious SeaSpa, incorporating thermal spa, 12 treatment rooms, seaweed bath and serial Mud Chamber. Focus on health and well-being in our Aqua Club and gym or come for our special activity midweek breaks in Spring and Autumn. Voted "Hotel of the Year 2011" Georgina Campbell Guide and Hospitality Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelly`s Resort Hotel And Spa
- Kelly`s Hotel Rosslare