“Good evening meal”

The Yard
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Wexford
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Under the guidance of Mary Codd, Manager and Peter Murphy, Head Chef, the Yard Restaurant has gone from strength to strength since opening in October 2006. The most excellent food together with the best wines provides a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The Yard is ideally located in the heart of Wexford town and just a stone throw from the best shopping, bars and clubs in the town.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food nice surroundings friendly staff but word of warning watch your bill I have eaten here a couple of times and the bill has been wrong .. You have been warned

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We sat for the 6:00 prefixed menu and each ordered either 2 or 3 courses. Some of the menu was like other traditional Ireland restaurants, but the quality and taste was fantastic, served on hot plates, super fresh and we are from Louisiana with high standards! Thank you especially to waitress Michelle who saved my daughters purse best food this trip!

1  Thank Angelle B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved this place Great selection on the menu and spotlessly clean Lovely cocktails and looks very popular

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Today I decided to go for a spot of lunch with my mother to The Yard. We went to the restaurant first and were informed it was not open until 5 pm, however, we were led to a cafe belonging to The Yard called The Little Yard. We only wanted sandwiches anyways. I asked for a plain ham and cheese toasted and my mother asked for a salad sandwich to which she got the reply “we don’t have any salad”. I should mention there was only one person doing the cooking and cleaning and taking for the food. My mother then asked for chicken and stuffing to which she was told “we don’t have chicken”. She settled for a cheese and tomato sandwich which she did not enjoy. There was next to no food available to make sandwiches out of. My ham and cheese sandwich was almost impossible to eat as the ham was impossible to chew through. We left most of our food on the plate. We then ordered a brownie and it came covered in toasted marshmallow. It was horrific. It had such a bland taste and didn’t taste fresh at all. We paid our bill which was €21 and left. We won’t be going back and we hope the woman working there gets someone to come in and help her and gets some food delivered that is actually edible.

2  Thank Jessie B
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a meal here with my boyfriend and we were not disappointed. Chicken Caesar for starter was delicious, the nicest I’ve had anywhere. And the steak for my main course was so beautifully cooked, you would have cut it with a butter knife. Friendly service and nice atmosphere to top it all off.

1  Thank Sarah L