“Best B&B in Wexford”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wexford
Cuasnog B&B/Self Catering Apartment
Ranked #10 of 29 Wexford B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Best B&B in Wexford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I had reason to stay in Wexford on a fairly regular basis over the last two years. I tried a variety of B&B's and this was definitely the best and the one I came back to time and again. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the breakfasts are fantastic - top quality cooking with fresh ingredients, many from the vegetable garden out front. It's also just a short walk from Wexford town centre. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Thank you Catriona and Theo for you wonderful hospitality and great company. A great place to stay if you want peace and a friendly spot to stay very close to all the action. we couldnt believe we were in the centre of town after a three minute walk. Catriona knows where all the the great walks are, from beaches to glens and everything between. We brought our two girls and dog with us and we all would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was at a wedding in Wexford and stayed at the Cuasnog Bed & Breakfast. Caitriona could not have been more helpful. She gave use perfect directions and had Homemade scones and fresh tea awaiting us on arrival. The CuasNóg is nright in the center of town.
The room was very comfortable ,lovely and warm. I was off early in the morning but Caitriona made sure I was up and well fed brefore I hit the road. I'll be staying agin next time I'm in Wexford.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tomás H
Wellingborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Looking for an unfussy but quality guesthouse or B & B to stay at in Wexford then look no further than Cuasnog. Am I letting a good secret go here by posting this review? Who knows.

I originally booked 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation staying in Wexford to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. The owner Caitriona and partner Theo offered a very reasonably priced 3-night discounted rate and I honestly don't believe I could have bettered my choice in terms of location, comfort, food, service and value on this my first ever visit to Ireland.

Although only 5 minutes walk from the town centre Cuasnog offers privacy, seclusion, easy accessibility, quieteness and perfect requirements for the discerning traveller be it solo (or couple) without the added costs involved regarding where to stay in South East Ireland but I will say if you don't do 'normal', working class, family run, or dog friendly environment then forget it. Am I being politically incorrect here or not? Quite frankly I don't give a rat's [--].

With tasty home-cooked (and locally sourced) fayre, very clean well appointed rooms, warm cozy feel and complimentary use of a mountain bike to get around I can happily say I would stay at Cuasnog over and over if ever visiting this region of Ireland again.

Laid back and traditional in welcome - nothing seemed too much trouble - (provided you ask of course) along with a genuinely homely feel, Cuasnog is a small private house (3 rooms only) ideal for business, pleasure or convenience should you be visiting the area.

Ideal as a base to explore the nearby unspoilt beaches of Curracloe, White Gap and Ballinesker (my apologies if I have misspelt) or the local wild fowl sanctuary (an ornithologists paradise) this is a lovely little hidden gem of a place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TerryBen69
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great location, great people, comfy rooms, quiet atmosphere...AND THE BEST BREAKFAST I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

How many B&Bs would offer you a drop of "Uisge Beatha" with your porridge. A great welcoming house to stay in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

We enjoyed the comfort of this delightful bed and breakfast for the first week iof the Wexford opera Festival in October. From my early email contact booking Cuasnog, Caitriona was friendly and helpful. Thus continued during our stay. The room was beautifully presented and immaculately clean. The large, modern bathroom was much appreciated. Our room was readied for our return each evening with heater and light turned on.
A particular treat was the home cooked breakfast. The dining room was comfortable and we enjoyed, over the week, a lovely variety of Irish inspired meals with fresh baked brown bread abd scones each day. Caitriona was very helpful with her detailed local knowledge and ready availability of maps of the area. Our stay was a wonderful introduction to beautiful Ireland and its friendly people.
It is perfectly located for walking to the Opera!

Room Tip: The front room has the biggest bathroom and a lovely aspect to the garden