“Lovely rooms”

Add it.
Rosemount House
Ranked #19 of 29 Wexford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I booked Rosemount house based on reviews on here.
It's definitely a "curates egg" type of place.
We had a superior double room which was lovely and Carol the landlady was pleasant to deal with.
People have criticized the small car park but if you're a reasonably competent driver it's not a problem.
I guess my biggest criticism would be reserved for the breakfast experience, no thought given to presentation (I was served a fried egg which had the yolk broken and yet managed to be burnt underneath and still raw on top). I saw a diner the following morning sending his back for pretty much the same reason. Ingredients just felt and tasted
cheap. If there's one area for improvement it's here. Maybe they
should use top quality organic produce and take a lesson in how to fry an egg! It's a perfectly adequate B&B but could do better.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My two friends and I were on a girls weekend to Wexford recently
We chose this B and B due to its proximity to the town , excellent value for money.for this I would rate it as very good. Also we were most impressed with the house itself which was really lovely and had a lot of unusual features.
What we were very disappointed with was the Woman of the house s lack of hospitality and the breakfast was far from good. We arrived (after finding it no problem at all), to find a tiny car park which was quite hard to park in, our greeting was "oh that's my husbands car park space , you ll have to park somewhere else". There was no "hello you are very welcome to rosemount B and B, may I suggest a more suitable place to park , which would have been so much more welcoming...
Breakfast was very skimpy, one mushroom quartered for each of us, one reheated sausage , and the usual two rashers and egg, bit disappointing to have it reheated, and plates not heated very well, the mushroom portion was almost laughable really , and even if the woman had put two sausages on the plate.......I mean......how much does a sausage cost, I don't expect reheated food at a B and B ???!!!, then when we asked could we have more tea, we got SOME look!!!!!!!!!!it was like we had asked for something that was terribly inconvenient, we got a "oh.........hmmmm I suppose", we clearly had inconvenienced her or something, and when she brought it out she cleared away our plates in angry form, banging them and dropping them, she was clearly stressed at the inconvenience of making more tea.
As i said , there was no problem with the house itself and the accommodation was perfect, but her people skills were appaling(we are to understand it recently changed hands ) , she clearly needs to address this , and to give people a better hot, fresh breakfast,
Even little things like......are ye here on holidays or did ye enjoy Wexford.......you know the sort of small chat most people make, and the issue with the husbands car park space, that could be made much easier by putting up a reserved sign, or two little cones, because I had to reverse out of the tiny corner and reverse park into another tiny space, which is not what you necessarily want after you first arrive on a relaxing weekend .
From the word go we sensed a lack of friendliness and warmth, which was a shame as the house itself was beautiful, and that is the only reasons we would not return or recommend .

Room Tip: Park elsewhere, skip breakfast, and merely stay just to sample the beautiful house and enjoy the pro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is the second time I've stayed in Rosemount. An oppulent Georgian townhouse with 15' high ceilings & four poster beds, but a small price tag. The Kelly family are so welcoming and attentive, I cannot recommend them highly enough. The B&B is very central and has secure parking off road. I wish I had to stay in Wexford more often.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but airy....
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JoBork
Reviewed 7 April 2012

From the booking until we left a wonderful experience! Loved the decor, the welcoming reception, amazing breakfast (have the scrambled eggs made with cream and smoke salmon) with a basked of toast and bread!! The room, impeccable.. I stayed with two other friends and each of us had an amazing room. Warm and inviting. Its the little things that make a difference when traveling and at the Rosemount everything was there from fresh bottled water to cotton buds, luxurious linen and warm beds... Truly felt the Irish warm hospitality and only wished we could have stayed longer.

Staying here is a must if you are in Wexford.. a great location, easy to restaurants and we used it as a base to visit Kilkenny and Waterford..

Rosemount is one reason to return to the beauty of Ireland.

Room Tip: If you have a hire car, its perfectly safe behind iron gates which are locked up at night...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Myself and my family were very fortunate to stay at the Rosemount for New Years after having come to Wexford to catch up with some friends.

It was very enjoyable experience. The house is wonderful.The ceilings are so high, the house is so spacious and very elegantly decorated.

Our hosts Carol + Tim were great and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was superb, especially the home made brown bread, yogurt and granola all made by Carol.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MariaWilliams
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed at Rosemount House for the opening of the opera festival. It was our first time coming and it was fabulous. The whole experience was wonderful, we enjoyed all the fringe events and attended one of the opera's.

We had a lovely stay and will definitely be back next year. Thanks to All @ Rosemount.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We were fortunate enough to secure a room at Rosemount House in Wexford. We had a fabulous stay, the room was hugh!! and bright with a lovely high ceiling, which is a feature in this house, some are 16.5ft so Tim told me. Breakfast was delicious. The kids had a great time in the park which is right beside the house. My wife had a facial in the hair and beauty salon located on the grounds of the house in the fabulous coach house and I treated myself to a massage. Absolutely amazing find, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple