“The Taste is Bad Taste!”
Review of Taste Restaurant - CLOSED

Taste Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this restaurant after browsing on internet to find a suitable restaurant for sunday night last for my family with 2 children. I saw the children's menu and it looked like a real kid's menu. Rang up, asked about the kid's menu, very casual answer, no greeting, no customer service whatsoever. I should have known but I booked anyway. Turned up on the day, after walking nearly 30 minutes around the town with the kids, it was just before 8pm. The kids were hungry. Went in, very few people in, a grubby, dark, old and dodgy looking place, seats with old cloth very dark. Our light wasn't working. Couldn't see the menu. I had to ask later on to light up the candles. Anyway, I asked for the kids menu and all they had was fish goujons or chicken goujons. i said that the menu on internet had proper dishes. There was no burger. The waitress offered to give the child half a steak. The waitress kept going to the kitchen and coming back to tell us what was availble to the kids. 40 minutes later, I saw the kids where starving. I decided to get them some chicken strips and veg and mash. Ok. For appetiser, we got some stale slices of bread with some butter and garlic oil and parsley vinaigrette running on it, strange. We got our starter first. 4 prawns in batter, with a bit of salad and vinaigrette. Not much taste to it. My husband had the black pudding. He said it was ok. The children kept looking at our plates. I gave them my prawns, they were so hungry. They should have been served first. Anyway, food came for the kids. That was terrible. 3 strips of chicken on each plate on some very chunky wedges, 3 green beans in one plate and 1 chunk of carrots and a bit of red onion in the other plate as vegetable, all deep fried, and a dollop of dry heavy cold mash potatoes. That was their dinner. My daughter didn't like it. they are not fussy eater, they love simple good homemade food. My son ate cause he was hungry. We got the rib eye steak, same veg, same mash, same wedges, and a side plate of slices of courgettes all DEEP-FRIED! The rib-eye steak was very small and the veg and potatoes was heavy and very bad quality cooking. We decided to go without a dessert. I spent 67 euros for that. I was so angry and I said that I better let people know how bad this place is. It looks like there is a new cook that does not give a damn about the food he cooks. It's gross and heavy. I came for the "modern irish cuisine" that sounded ok. I should have turned back when I came in. The picture on internet and the reality was like two different stories. So please don't waste your money and go somewhere else. This place really deserve to close down so bad it is. I give a chance to pleople and places and I did for that one but don't make the same mistake. The place needs a revamp, a good clean, a new cook and better lighting. Hope that helps.

1  Thank sue b

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We had a grab one deal for here on Saturday night we had 2 starters & 2 main courses. I could not fault it. Even though we were on a voucher they still looked after us very well - we were even given the lovely hot bread baskets. The food was lovely & well presented Well done Taste, we will be back!

1  Thank VeroniqueWexford
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Dinner in Taste Restaurant in Wexford on Tuesday 13th August was a dreadful experience. Our order was taken promptly; we asked for just water to drink. 40 minutes later we were still sitting waiting .. no water, not even a piece of bread had been delivered to our table (in fact we never did get any bread!!) We asked again for water & eventually some was brought to our table, together with the news that the fresh fish option (lemon sole) was not available & instead we could have some tomato jambalaya concoction which we declined. We'd still not received our starters. Eventually they arrived, not very impressive at all .. & still no bread came. 30 mins later our Main courses were set in front of us.. and did not impress at all, steak was tough & extremely fatty, and chicken was very dry and tasteless ... worst meal & service we've ever experienced.

1  Thank Scottie_8
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend when we were on a break in wexford. Even though we were a bit peed of at the 30minute wait for our starter once the food arrived it didnt even bother us. Food was phenomenal beautifully presented. I had a bit of a cold and couldnt eat a lot but the whole lot was lovely. Staff were very friendly too and absolutly run of there feet by a very rude party of four for the night. So delays were understandable as there was only two waiters and this particular group seemed to think the two waiters were there for just them only. Very annoying.but other than that lovely experience and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank 90jessica
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We recently had dinner in this lovely restaurant while on holiday in nearby rosslare, our waitress was a lovely lady so efficient and anxious to please and very hardworking, the food itself was so well presented and tasted delicious, it is excellent value for money, well done to all concerned, my advice dont miss this lovely experience while in Wexford.