“Lovely experience, food excellent”
Review of Taste Restaurant - CLOSED

Taste Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Visited Taste on Saturday night last during a few days away in Wexford which we take maybe twice a year. Lovey part of the country. Standard very good as it was on our previous visit here. Food excellent and lovely presentation. Service not rushed (some may say a bit slow but we like to take our time with a meal) and friendly. Great value for the lovely quality of the food and wine not bad either. Keep up the good work Taste and hope to visit again in the near future.

2  Thank Marlyn_11_11

Reviewed 25 September 2013

what promised so much has become a damp squib. brought 18 friends to a pre-booked meal. after 3 hours we left still waiting for our dessert. the food was good but way too slow. the wine list is only average.

2  Thank Louis J
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Visited here as a birthday dinner in a small group. Place was not busy but the service was slow couldn't understand why. Staff were very friendly & food was gorgeous! Recommended

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this restaurant after browsing on internet to find a suitable restaurant for sunday night last for my family with 2 children. I saw the children's menu and it looked like a real kid's menu. Rang up, asked about the kid's menu, very casual answer, no greeting, no customer service whatsoever. I should have known but I booked anyway. Turned up on the day, after walking nearly 30 minutes around the town with the kids, it was just before 8pm. The kids were hungry. Went in, very few people in, a grubby, dark, old and dodgy looking place, seats with old cloth very dark. Our light wasn't working. Couldn't see the menu. I had to ask later on to light up the candles. Anyway, I asked for the kids menu and all they had was fish goujons or chicken goujons. i said that the menu on internet had proper dishes. There was no burger. The waitress offered to give the child half a steak. The waitress kept going to the kitchen and coming back to tell us what was availble to the kids. 40 minutes later, I saw the kids where starving. I decided to get them some chicken strips and veg and mash. Ok. For appetiser, we got some stale slices of bread with some butter and garlic oil and parsley vinaigrette running on it, strange. We got our starter first. 4 prawns in batter, with a bit of salad and vinaigrette. Not much taste to it. My husband had the black pudding. He said it was ok. The children kept looking at our plates. I gave them my prawns, they were so hungry. They should have been served first. Anyway, food came for the kids. That was terrible. 3 strips of chicken on each plate on some very chunky wedges, 3 green beans in one plate and 1 chunk of carrots and a bit of red onion in the other plate as vegetable, all deep fried, and a dollop of dry heavy cold mash potatoes. That was their dinner. My daughter didn't like it. they are not fussy eater, they love simple good homemade food. My son ate cause he was hungry. We got the rib eye steak, same veg, same mash, same wedges, and a side plate of slices of courgettes all DEEP-FRIED! The rib-eye steak was very small and the veg and potatoes was heavy and very bad quality cooking. We decided to go without a dessert. I spent 67 euros for that. I was so angry and I said that I better let people know how bad this place is. It looks like there is a new cook that does not give a damn about the food he cooks. It's gross and heavy. I came for the "modern irish cuisine" that sounded ok. I should have turned back when I came in. The picture on internet and the reality was like two different stories. So please don't waste your money and go somewhere else. This place really deserve to close down so bad it is. I give a chance to pleople and places and I did for that one but don't make the same mistake. The place needs a revamp, a good clean, a new cook and better lighting. Hope that helps.

1  Thank sue b
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We had a grab one deal for here on Saturday night we had 2 starters & 2 main courses. I could not fault it. Even though we were on a voucher they still looked after us very well - we were even given the lovely hot bread baskets. The food was lovely & well presented Well done Taste, we will be back!

1  Thank VeroniqueWexford