“Classic menu in a classy atmosphere....”

Horse and Hound Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 150 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Classic dishes done very well. Great value to be had. Need to watch steaks aren't overcooked but overall a very pleasant experience as always. Friendly efficient staff and a lovely cosy lounge. Keep up the good work Brendan!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stopped off here while travelling to wexford.The whole place has been tastefully renovated and extended since my last visit.My friend and I eat here,I had the chowder and chicken wings while my partner had the chicken and ham.Both meals were presented piping hot with copious amounts of veg and bowls of fries.Overall an excellent meal.in clean surroundings.Thanks also to the two staff members who helped me find my wedding ring when I dropped it.I will certainly be back at some later stage,highly reccomended

1  Thank Liam p
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stopped here for lunch going away for a night recently. We were met by a warm greeting and were seated quickly. There was a good variety to the menu and its always nice to be able to see chef presenting the food. The meal was excellent and great value and I have to mention the wexford potatos which we "balls of flower". The bathrooms were spotless but a little hard to find if I was to nitpick.
The food was so good that going home the day after we stopped again and had lunch here.

1  Thank Kerrang101
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Have have meals here on many occasions and would recommend for anyone. service can be a bit 'rural', thumbs in the top of you glass would be the main issue, but the food is great. great staff, lvely surroundings and great value. If you're passing by, drop in

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stopped here today for lunch with my mother, sister & my little dog. We were greeted warmly and I sat outside with my dog while my sister went indoors with my mother, who found the wind off-putting outside.

I had a vegetarian lasagne that came with chips and was totally delicious, followed by a wonderful Wexford strawberry pavlova, which was beautifully presented on the plate and left one hankering for more!

This was followed by a very nice pot of tea, which had been made using the correct number of tea bags for the volume - somewhat of a rarity these days!

The service was very prompt and we were never left waiting for any uncomfortable periods of time for our food. The waitresses were very friendly and when I asked one about local beaches where I might swim later, she willingly shared lots of information without any impression that I was inconveniencing her in any way - she even brought an enormous package of scraps from the kitchen, which the dog happily devoured!

To summarise: a very nice restaurant with a perfect combination of good food and good staff - I highly recommend pulling in off the busy main road to sample their fare!