“So disappointing- appalling service”

Spice Indian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 146 Restaurants in Wexford
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spice is an authentic Indian Restaurant serving quality Indian food. Our chefs come from Kerela, South India and have been trained at the 5 star Taj Hotel Group. We pride ourselves on using only fresh ingredients and our own fresh ground spices. Both our food and wine menu's are very reasonably priced and we also offer a special mid week menu as well as an early bird menu. We are situated in Monck Street which is Wexford's premier street for nightlife and we have beautiful views of Wexford harbour. 'Spice' has recently been refurbished to a style that is both contemporary and warm. Children are very welcome if well supervised and we offer a children's menu which also includes some Indian dishes, with a special dessert of 'smartie' and popping candy ice-cream!
Dublin
“So disappointing- appalling service”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I felt compelled to write a review after visiting here last night friday 14th with my boyfriend. I was so looking forward to it having read some great reviews. Skipped a starter and had main course each and a glass of wine. Both were fab. Then the night went downhill from there. We had arrived at 7.30 and the restaurant was quiet the entire time we were there, no more than 5 or 6 tables occupied. There seemed to be 4 waiting staff, a lady and gentleman and 2 younger girls. The gentleman took our order and brought our food and one of the younger girls took our plates away. We had both planned on having dessert and chatted for another while while we waited for someone to offer us the dessert menu. 10 more minutes or so passed and we noticed nobody was coming near us. We were seated maybe 20 metres from the front desk and i could see the 4 waiting staff up chatting to each other. I finished my wine and we waitied another while. Still nobody even glanced in our direction. I went to the loo and when i came back, nobody had approached my boyfriend. It was now over half an hour and we tried to catch someones eye but it was like we were invisible. Finally i was so annoyed we decided to leave. With nobody to ask for a bill, we walked up to the counter and asked the girl who had taken our plates if we could pay. I am sure she knew by my manner that i was not happy. I was so angry and disappointed. The main courses and wine were both gorgeous but the appalling ignorance of the waiting staff ruined our experience. I have never had such awful service anywhere else in my life! The fact this restaurant can choose to ignore customers astounds me while other restaurants and business struggle.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank JenMX
Mint392010, Owner at Spice Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear 'JenMX',

I was extremely disappointed to hear of the poor service you experienced at our restaurant and I can fully appreciate your anger and annoyance at same. I have spoken to our staff and reprimanded those responsible. If you ever decide to visit our restaurant again, please email me before hand to info@spicerestaurant.net and I will ensure that your disappointing experienced shall be fully redressed.

Kind regards

Richard Lett
Proprietor

Wexford, Ireland
“As Indian Restaurants go....”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As Indian Restaurants go this is one of the good one is the south east. Have eaten here often with my husband or friends or colleagues. Sitting in can be expensive, though they have an excellent take away deal,

• Visited November 2013
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“exquisite cuisine”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was recently in Spice for Valentines day with my boyfriend. I am a regular customer, who has fallen in love with their flavorsome dishes but this Indian experience was new to my boyfriend . After his first experience , he quoted " I have been missing out ". We both felt that we received a warm welcome, a mouth watering meal and with that we felt it was great value. If your looking for somewhere to eat in Wexford I highly recommend you take a trip Spice Indian restaurant,you wont be dissapointed!!

Wexford, Ireland
“Great Food, Great Company”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have only recently developed a taste for Indian Food. I was highly impressed with the food and the service. There was a large group of us and we were very "giddy" and they coped really well with our orders. Thoroughly enjoyable experience and thanks so much to Emma for the lift home afterwards :-)

Dublin, Ireland
“Food Heaven :-)”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Without doubt, the best Indian food I've eaten in this country. We shared the ribs and squid to start - sublime!... The main courses of Goan fish curry and a prawn & mango dish - what can I say - FOOD HEAVEN... The flavours were sensational! Portions were good and healthy. Service was excellent. Could not fault it. Well, actually there is one fault. - This restaurant is not in Dublin where I live! Can't wait to return!