“Lunch surrounded by good wine.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greenacres

Greenacres
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Wexford
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Greenacres is located in Selskar in the heart of Wexford town. Selskar is one of the oldest trading areas in Leinster with a history which can be traced through Cromwellian and Norman times. Greenacres now incorporates retail, a selection of exceptional wines, and homemade food and artisanal cheese. A spacious Art Galleries with Contemporary Irish art and sculpture, A Relaxed dining in a unique atmosphere, that is Greenacres Restaurant.
Wicklow, Ireland
“Lunch surrounded by good wine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Had the pleasure of having lunch at Greenacres Bistro on Monday. We had just walked in to do some Christmas shopping and spotted the little dining area and looked at the specials on the board, we were hooked, we did a little shopping in the town and came back around 1.30pm. It was nicely busy. A party of 3, my partner who is Coeliac had the home cooked fish pie topped with slices of potato served in its own hot pan, we ladies had the roast pork with a dark piquant mushroom sauce and lamb madallions cooked to perfection. With a side of very fresh cooked vegetables and baby potato's. It was very nice indeed and I would like to come back for their dinner menu sometime. We asked for the wine list which made us laugh as it's an annual of wine priced from €19 to €800. A very interesting establishment altogether, the staff were friendly and efficient. We finished with Coffee cake and a Chestnut Panecotta for my Coeliac partner, wonderful. My sisters only wish was that they would serve ice-cream, but they dont. But when I am in Wexford again I would love to experience night dining, it's such a pretty place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Avril P

• Polish first
Wexford, Ireland
“A regular haunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Greenacres is one of two restaurants quite close to where I live and so, I visit them regularly! I have yet to have a bad meal here. If I had one complaint, it is that the service can be a little slow at times, however, this isn’t a problem if you’re there to relax.

Having said that the food is very good; whether it is just a scone and coffee in the morning or a blow-out dinner. The wine selection is huge and the staff is very knowledgeable without placing pressure to go for an expensive bottle.

The food shop is a place to dawdle, with plenty of treats in stock, good cheeses, olives and jars of yummy things. Definitely worth a visit and I would recommend.

Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Our first Xmas party - unintentionally”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Our Thursday night visit unfortunately coincided with a large office party which was quite noisy - you can have a little too much ambience,
We started with a warm chicken liver salad and a warm black pudding & chorizo salad. Both good. For mains the wife had excellent black sole meuniere while I had sea bass (farmed) - ok.
We finished with a hazelnut panna cotta and a dessert selection plate, followed by 2 coffees.
With a bottle of Trimbach Riesling, 2 glasses of house red Bordeaux and 2 dessert Pedro Ximenez our bill before tip came to €141.
Service was friendly and good, despite the demands of the adjoining office party.
We'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol
“Resaurant in a wine shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Used to be a deli but now a full restaurant!

Came in here on a November Monday evening as there was little else open or serving food in the town. I spent more than I wanted but was surprised with the variety and quality i=of the food.

Had muscles (with a Thai bent) to start then a very tender duck with red cabbage, mash and veg as a main. Both were very tasty. A couple of glasses of wine with no appetite or budget left for desert!

Service was impeccable and friendly - no complaints!

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I like the look of the restaurant very much. Felt like the food I had was out of the freezer. Shame, because I had high hopes for an expensive evening out.

Visited November 2012