“Perfect hotel”

Clayton Whites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Wexford
“Perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here on a few occasions. Seems to get better each time. Lovely hotel, lovely food, lovely rooms. Bar food here is a must and is great prices. Breakfast was also excellent. Lovely hotel in a great location!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterWOW, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Odhran

On behalf of the entire Team, thank you for your lovely compliments which are very much appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again sometime soon.

Regards

Peter Wilson FIHI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We had an anniversary weekend away and stayed at Whites if Wexford. The hotel was bright and modern, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Parking is excellent at the hotel and only €3 per day. The room was quite basic but modern and clean. Breakfast the next day was buffet style and it was excellent. There is a lovely outside courtyard in the middle of the hotel and it was great for relaxing in the sun. Overall, we had a lovely stay and can't fault the hotel at all.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nikki,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delight to read your comments and that you enjoyed your stay, It is always a pleasure to receive recognition from our guests and I will certainly forward your comments to each and every member of the team as I know it will mean a great deal to them knowing that all their hard work and effort has been recognised and that you would recommend us to others.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again.

Warmest regards,

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel in the heart of Wexford. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The food in the lobby is very good. The rooms are large and comfortable. There is lots of parking and really no need to take out the car once you park it. The only negative is wet room style shower, the water went everywhere but it was cleaned for me the minute I mentioned it to reception.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
PeterWOW, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear noelrosek

I write simply to thank you for your very kind review following on your recent visit here at Whites of Wexford. I'm sorry that you were a little disappointed with the shower in your room, however if you contact me directly on your next visit with us I will ensure that you are upgraded to a superior room at no extra cost. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Recently refurbished and centrally located in a lovely town this should have been a great stay. Instead it was just Ok. Rooms were a bit run down already and a condom was stuck in the fire sensor. Clearly it has financial troubles and upkeep is a problem. Worst of all however was breakfast which was a cattle market and very little choice except a wet and poorly cooked full Irish. Pity

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris R
Dear Crey18

Thank you for sharing your comments on Whites of Wexford following your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your visit, I do accept that as a very busy hotel there are always areas were refurbishment will be required and I can assure you that this will always be ongoing. Perhaps on your next stay you would contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded to a superior room with my compliments.

Kind Regards

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I love Wexford and indeed White's is not a bad spot; certainly the refurb well done. Great meal on Friday night for a small business function. Indeed one of the best function meals we have had in many years, top class.
However, bedrooms ok but furnishings need a good dusting, carpets also a good hoovering. Not dirty but just jaded and needing a bit of TLC.
The biggest let down is breakfast. 'Hot' food is served however very much slopped on the plate. Same spoon or tongs used for eggs, bacon, sausages & veg- yeuch as I do not do eggs and my plate had some scrambled egg from the previous persons servings. That is pure disgusting! Also food was close to cold!!?? Very disappointing after such a lovely dinner the night before.
Would I come back... maybe, but would see if there was a nice B&B in honesty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Geraldine

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at Whites of Wexford. I do appreciate feedback as I believe it can help us become better at what we do. I'm sorry that there were some areas where you feel we can improve and I can assure you that I will discussed your comments on breakfast with both our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, overall we generally receive very positive reviews about our food and I’m very disappointed that this was not the case with you. Please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Whites of Wexford in the future

Kind Regards

General Manger
Leixlip, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in Whites Hotel with a large group of Senior Citizens.
From check in with Magda and Andrea behind Reception to Dining Staff in Banqueting Room to Accommodation Bedrooms; everything ran so smoothly for our 4 nights. The staff made it very enjoyable relaxing stay for all concerned.
We'd highlightly recommend this hotel to any groups looking on somewhere to say.

We'd have to complement the following on their time and service that they gave to group - Magda & Andrea in Reception; James, Gary and Ann - Duty Managers; Kathleen & Caitriona in Banqueting Room; Anna in Breakfast Restaurant; Anthony & Steve Night Porters; Day Porters who helped with luggage ....... this is just to highlight a few personal names. Peter the General Manager definitely has a excellent working staff behind him.

Room Tip: Couldn't be faulted
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear JOS143

On behalf of the management and staff here at Whites of Wexford I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted that you all enjoyable stay with us and that you found our food and service to be excellent and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Whereas I have no doubt we have plenty of room for improvement, I do agree that as General Manger I am lucky to have such excellent enthusiastic and committed staff and it's nice for them to know they are appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Whites of Wexford in the near future.

Kind regards
Peter Wilson
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in this hotel on a special deal. It was lovely. Definitely avail of the thermal suite and spa. Great deals each month in the spa. Food in terrace restaurant was gorgeous and early bird available. Husband had hake which he described as one of the best he tasted. I had steak which was very tasty. Breakfast was fantastic and great selection.. All staff we came across were lovely but a special mention to Anna at breakfast and Alison in the spa who are a credit to the hotel. Will definitely return. Would request new part of hotel though as rooms are meant to be nicer.

Room Tip: Request new part of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dromcill,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, and more importantly that the team looked after you well.

I will certainly pass your compliments onto Anna, Alison and indeed all the staff, we do pride ourselves in providing the best possible customer care and ensure that guests enjoys their stay with us.

Kind regards

Peter Wilson FIHI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Talbot Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Clayton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!