“Good restaurant”

Oyster Lane Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 152 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Staff very oblidging, food nicely presented and very tasty. Service a bit slow. Good menu at reasonable prices for the average wage earners.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at talbot hotel in august 2013 and had dinner at the restaurant. Excellent food and service was efficient. Friendly staff as well as the restaurant manager. Overall we liked our stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We arrived in Wexford on a Sunday noon. The recommendation was for the wonderful Sunday carving here. A cultural experience recommended by my wife's Irish family. "The highpoint of the week." For the price, the amount of food was an amazing value. I never saw Thanksgiving plates piled so high. And this carving offered turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes and squash and all. I bet this is where Thanksgiving started, not Plymouth rock with a bountiful Sunday carving that also included roast beef, chicken, ham, veal, and other choices with all the same trimmings as above including irish broiled potatoes and mashed potatoes heaped high. But all so bland. I do understand that we Americans like salt and pepper and other spices, but none at all? Especially when the meet is all overcooked and bit dry and the two different gravies (one peppercorn) also lacked flavor. It was an experience!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were staying at the hotel and a 3 course dinner was part of the hotel package. Arrived at the restaurant around 6:45 and left around 8:20. We had a 3 course dinner and had to wait so long between courses. way too long in my view especially with a toddler constantly looking for attention. Food is average, I am sure much nicer can be found in town... However the staff is nice and do not mind kids playing around.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were booked into the hotel on a package deal and we had dinner in the restaurant on 3 nights service was excellent staff were very friendly , food each night was amazing we never left hungry . The pate was beautiful and the rib of beef , the Cajun chicken salad was lovely with anchovy mayonnaise and the cod and chicken on the main courses were beautiful all well presented I enjoyed the cod so much that I had it a second night I was there desserts we opted for the trio of desserts as we had not much room for anything else would recommend this restaurant to anyone as we enjoyed the 3 nights dining there. we will be back again thanks to all the staff for a wonderful experience from start to finish.